Snake

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Kiwi Eagle said:
mickqld said:
manlyfan76 said:
People don't leave because they hate the brand or the job, they leave because they don't like the people/personalities in the work place. So then the question is who do choc and snake not like.
I think it's fairly obvious that at some point this season Tooves lost the senior playing group and our meek pathetic end to the season was indicative of that.

So when we faded at the end of the 2010 season and were knocked out of week 1 of te finals Des had lost the senior players too?

Yes he lost senior players to injury, just like tooves this year.

sheridanstand78 said:
I really would hate to see snake leave, be such a shame if he did not finish his career with us.

This speculation has to come to an end to give the team a chance for 2015 to move on and grow.

All this crap eroded our chances this season and the club need to be decisive about anyone who wants out.

We have the kids coming through to cover any loses.

Sick of reading headlines about disgruntled players, you are either with the club or you are not!

I can live with Choc going, but losing Snakie will just be " bloody sad", he's the Prince of Brookvale.

I'm yet to be convinced that this is happening, Barry Stewart said " over my dead body " ( about a move to Canberra), and where else can he go and get the money he's on given he's 31 and somewhat injury prone.

I still think he will be there in 2015-16

It just seems a case of "insert player name" here when it comes to rumours like this

The Mole tweeted this morning about a Canberra move for Brett, he'd get a bucket load of cash & a lot of love from Ricky.
The Mole is a respected journalist & tends to stay away from gutter journalism.
I'm sure there's something brewing.

And I correct my statement above Brett is 30 in February, not 31 as I thought he was going to be.

Mark from Brisbane said:
sheridanstand78 said:
I really would hate to see snake leave, be such a shame if he did not finish his career with us.

This speculation has to come to an end to give the team a chance for 2015 to move on and grow.

All this crap eroded our chances this season and the club need to be decisive about anyone who wants out.

We have the kids coming through to cover any loses.

Sick of reading headlines about disgruntled players, you are either with the club or you are not!

I can live with Choc going, but losing Snakie will just be " bloody sad", he's the Prince of Brookvale.

I'm yet to be convinced that this is happening, Barry Stewart said " over my dead body " ( about a move to Canberra), and where else can he go and get the money he's on given he's 31 and somewhat injury prone.

I still think he will be there in 2015-16

At some point all people start making their own decisions rather than being directed by parents. He's 29, dad's opinion may or may not count.

Mark from Brisbane said:
I know Barry, believe me he has a LOT of say, they are a very very close knit family.

That is true but its the same with most players as well. Mum and Dad have a Big say in what happens and give advice more than the players agent

Bradza said:
eagle40 said:
respected journalist

why didn't the auto correct function kick in with this misguided combination of words?

That's gold.

Here's a funny bumper sticker I've seen recently(I can't post it
right way up though).

Hope Brett, choc & skiv can all stay.

Push it up Manly.
cheers

mickqld said:
manlyfan76 said:
People don't leave because they hate the brand or the job, they leave because they don't like the people/personalities in the work place. So then the question is who do choc and snake not like.
I think it's fairly obvious that at some point this season Tooves lost the senior playing group and our meek pathetic end to the season was indicative of that.

Has he found them yet Mick?

Sheikheagle said:
FMD Mark what a legend is there anyone you don't know?

You may not be aware mate but I was involved with the club for their 2009/2012 World Club Challenge tours, so got to know a heap of the players and their Dads ( and some Mums).

Certainly am not on their Xmas card list but know many of them face to face.

Barry is very close to his boys and plays a big part in their lives, as I said above I'd be very surprised if Canberra was in the radar, as I heard him utter the very words ( when asked by another person ) " he'll be going to the Raiders over my dead body ".

I would suggest to you that they ( the family) may well be very pissed off at Gifty having to go BUT being a realist Barry will know that where will Brett go other than Sharks / Raiders to get bigger money than his $600k a year at Manly.

I'd be both surprised, and very disappointed if Brett isn't pulling on the Maroon and White in March!

talk about a lot of bull**** if any supporter of this great club has lost confidence in the management and coach re the retaining or let go of players you may as well hand in your memberships now , a true manly supporter will always follow their team through thick and thin including our time as the northern eagles. I have never believed what is written in the press as 99% is bull ****. If we don't have a belief in what the coach and retention committee are doing then get out now, I go back over 50 years supporting this club I started in 1956 and until recently never missed a game (all three grades back then) players have come and gone ,we have gone through bad patches our longest was 1945 to 1972 with out a trophy but at no time have we ever won that elusive wooden spoon so in all these years supporters have realised that we are a champion team not a team of champions this is why we are so good, the will to win for each other has unfortunately created a monster that every one accepts that we are unbeatable until we get beaten and then everyone kicks the team and coach, lets stop knocking the organisation and wait to see what happens when the club notifies everyone what has happened, I have 2 eyes one white the other maroon, if manly are not playing I do not watch any other team and no one in my house supports any other team. so until this team is no more I will follow them without any thought of deserting them,
manly forever, and don't fear we will be there in 2015,with or without certain players

I hope I don't put the mocca on us. But the funny thing with Manly is when they let go of a great player they seem to find a young kid who is even better. And lets not be fooled that young kid isn't always the reason a player gets moved on.

Phil Blake 86- Manly win the comp in 87 with one Cliffy('s is god) Lyons.
Michael Monaghan 07 - Manly win the comp 08 with a kid called Matt Ballin.
Trent Hodgkinson 10 - Manly win the comp 11 with a kid called Dally Cherry-Evens.

When it comes to finding a kid to replace superstars that is not a bad track record.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7