Snake wants 2.4 mil from Manly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I have edited Lester12 comments.

Lester 12 said:
As a long time fan of South Sydney I'm so incensed with this lack of loyalty from our guys, we have a team full of disloyal players, who we have gathered from across the NRL, and look how good we are going, we might finish in the top 12 this season. Don't get me wrong they have been GREAT for the club but the club has been very loyal to them with injuries and other trouble which I have no doubt cost the club in sponsor dollars. Brent Read the Australian journo confirmed it on sportsline, our season is over so 2013 and 2014. We have perfected the art of turning a certain win into a loss, a fine example of this could be seen last monday night. Please Mr Gallop kick us out again, but this time dont listen to the bleeding hearts like Ray Martin and Alan Jones, never allow us back
because we are a disgrace.

Do reckon its better now?

Ultimately if we can only have 2 out of DCE, Foran and Stewart then it's a no-brainer. Seems like this might be the case.

Sad but that's the price of 3 comps in 5 years.

/The Melbourne victory goes to us.

Berkley and The Eagle, you have both been warned. Nothing said by Lester warranted the replies you gave this user. Nothing in there was anything like trolling. It was their opinion.

I have removed both your posts and warn you to tread lightly in those situations going forward!

Look others have said worse. This guy is obviously just very upset at the thought Brett leaving. Do you blame him after the crap we have all dealt with since the grand final?

To wish Snake would blow his knee out is not acceptable for a Manly supporter. Brett needs to look after himself and im sure Manly will have an opportunity to make a final offer, if they can not match the Goons offer it is not Brett's fault.

Pretty low Lester. The thing to keep in mind is that this is most probably Brett's last contract. He has to make sure he secures the best deal possible. I wish Brett nothing but the absolute best in however things turn out for him. Loyalty owed back to the club by Brett is complete bull****. The club and fans stood by him through all the crap and injuries because we believed he was innocent and capable of overcoming those injuries. To demand he repays us now for our loyalty to him is ridiculous. Good luck in your future Brett. I hope you stay for a couple more years atleast.

Ah well if its true, its true! We will always have that flick pass to Bell in the 08 GF plus many other great moments!

Lester 12 said:
As a long time fan I'm so incensed with this lack of loyalty from this guy we have stood by thick and thin. Don't get me wrong he has been GREAT for the club but the club has been very loyal to him with his injuries and other trouble which I have no doubt cost the club in sponsor dollars. Brent Read the Australian journo confirmed it on sportsline, this has the capacity to derail our season and he should be sent back 2 nsw cup, I wait for all the excuses now about legal fees and such and I hope he blows his knee out on friday night and never laces on a boot again. I hope his grub of a brother clears out 2 and we can start again without Wollongong grubs

I hope you do yourself a serious injury at work and can never work again.

bones said:
Lester 12 said:
As a long time fan I'm so incensed with this lack of loyalty from this guy we have stood by thick and thin. Don't get me wrong he has been GREAT for the club but the club has been very loyal to him with his injuries and other trouble which I have no doubt cost the club in sponsor dollars. Brent Read the Australian journo confirmed it on sportsline, this has the capacity to derail our season and he should be sent back 2 nsw cup, I wait for all the excuses now about legal fees and such and I hope he blows his knee out on friday night and never laces on a boot again. I hope his grub of a brother clears out 2 and we can start again without Wollongong grubs

I hope you do yourself a serious injury at work and can never work again.
I'd rather Lester is hit by a bus

IF this is true - and we know how much misinformation is spread to try to destablise us, the premiers - I don't begrudge Brett at all. He has given us all so much pleasure, and I'm sure there is plenty more to come.

Brett is probably worth $600,000 a season - but there are another five or six players in our squad who could rightly claim to be just as valuable. The problem is that at $600,000 you only get eight players into your cap, even if it rises to $5-Million. You can only afford three such well-paid players (at most) in your top 25.

Its the economic reality of the salary cap.

The Who said:
- I don't begrudge Brett at all. He has given us all so much pleasure, and I'm sure there is plenty more to come.

This. Hits the nail on the head.

Dan79 said:
Lester 12 said:
What a great first post Lester. Really look forward to your input over the next 10 years.
What we need is more 'genuine fans' like uncle Lester.

Lester is Lotti's brother.Or is he really........someone who is stirring the pot?

Brett is a genuine superstar but I'm not sure about $600K a season. With the salary cap as it is, most clubs could afford 2-3 players on $400-500K. The problem at Manly is they've got so many of these players that they simply can't afford to sign a deal like that.

Brett's had a very rough couple of years and deserves some good fortune. The thing I noticed last year was, he looked happy. This year and particularly the last couple of games he doesn't look like he's enjoying himself. He looks to have the weight of the world on his shoulders and I'm sure it's because he's weighing up his future.

In a perfect world he play out his career at Manly and be revered by 1,000's of Manly fans for the rest of his life. But it is his life afterall, and he has to do what he honestly believes is the best thing for him. Right now he's playing with his brother and living the Northern Beaches lifestyle whilst playing alongside some of his close friends. If he moved to another club, most of that goes out the window and he has to start again.

He's a Champion and I wish him the best in what he decides to do, hopefully that's at least another couple of years at Manly.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2