Snake wants 2.4 mil from Manly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
If retards like Sandow are on 650k, Snakes definately worth 600k. He was on one leg last year and was our leading try scorer. Heard Tooves a few weeks ago say Snakes way ahead of where he was last year and believes his best is yet to come. If that's the case he must be re-signed!!

God said:
Oneyeagle said:
God said:
The Who said:
God said:
I wouldn't pay him half that,

He isn't and will never be the player he was,
He has 0 loyalty and is very disruptive

To be honest the more he go involved in attck again the warriors on sunday the less effective we looked, let him pack his back when the year ends and rejoin Hasler.

If you are a Manly supporter than GOD help us!

Look regardless of everything else he may be a 2.4 million dollar player if his body was in better shape but in reality, I think 300k a season is closer to his worth in present condition.

Seriously God, Brett has been through Hell and back. Its not like his sided with Satan. Give the guy a little latitude. $350 tops.

300 -350 has got to be his real world worth but anyone signing him to a 4 year contact has rocks in their heads after he's spent most of the last 3 seasons off the field - 2yrs seems like a smarter option and if his body improves give him an upgrade.

Totally agree, but don't bag him matie. His more Manly than you think. Brought me so much happiness over the years and is a great entertainer on the Field. I certainly get my money's worth when he is on the field more so than not.

Mauler,I think the 'retard' Sandow is on 550K. He's not worth 200K in my opinion. Fat, no defense and loses it in attack. If that KPI is worth 500K odd, then Brett must be worth 600.

We had the same problem in 1989 with Vautin, he thought he was worth around $100,000, all we could offer him was $50,000, so off he goes to the Roosters and has two very ordinary years and is forced to retire rather than play reserves.
Players rarely ever come to realise their real value in their final years of their contract, I doubt it if Brett will be worth $600,000 when he's 30-31.

Sorry Brett. As good as you have been for us at your age and with your injuries unless the salary cap skyrockets theres no way we can afford to be paying that. Lets hope Weidler is just making stuff up as usual in regards to the dollars. Its too big a risk for my ten cents.

But lucky for you I am not CEO and dont control who gets to use the pens on the contracts.

Ask not what you can do for Manly but what Manly can do for you.

Yes, we have plenty of champion players but I like to think the culture of our club has also helped them attain that status.

I don't think it's a question of whether Brett is worth that much. He is worth that and more IMO. It's more a matter of whether Manly can fit that into the salary cap in the coming years. I have my doubts that they can.

Under the new cap, we can do that i believe the worry long term is when kiler goes and my gut fell matai takes a better deal than we can offer him we have **** all strike power in the backs.[/i]

DSM5 said:
Mauler,I think the 'retard' Sandow is on 550K. He's not worth 200K in my opinion. Fat, no defense and loses it in attack. If that KPI is worth 500K odd, then Brett must be worth 600.

You think this because??? following Parra's lead and paying over's like they do can only lead to the kind success Parramatta has achieved between 1987 and Present??? or is there something else you are basing this on???

I have a feeling a former employee who wasnt on the coaching staff is getting in to Bretts ear to suit his own agendas.

The way i see it.

Brett Stewart needs a massive contract, its going to be his last and thanks to those dogs in the media his earning power outside of his contract money is miniumal.

Manly has to manage a salary cap which bites bloody hard when you win 2 comps in 4 years.

I cant see him staying and I dont think it would be the right thing for him to stay if he can get more than he can at manly.

Before anyone trots out the loyalty line and how we all stuck by him in 2009 that loyalty isnt going to pay his bills when he retires.

I just hope if he leaves that its Saints and he can be giving a farewell from the fans at brookvale that he deserves.

Cambo said:
I have a feeling a former employee who wasnt on the coaching staff is getting in to Bretts ear to suit his own agendas.

The way i see it.

Brett Stewart needs a massive contract, its going to be his last and thanks to those dogs in the media his earning power outside of his contract money is miniumal.

Manly has to manage a salary cap which bites bloody hard when you win 2 comps in 4 years.

I cant see him staying and I dont think it would be the right thing for him to stay if he can get more than he can at manly.

Before anyone trots out the loyalty line and how we all stuck by him in 2009 that loyalty isnt going to pay his bills when he retires.

I just hope if he leaves that its Saints and he can be giving a farewell from the fans at brookvale that he deserves.
If he doesn't play for us, then who will sign him up?, the Dogs have Barba for another few more years,the Roosters are rumoured to have Quade Cooper signed and delivered as well as SBW,as well as chasing Lussick, the Dragons are banking on Stanley and even if that doesn't work out there's always Nightingale, Penrith have Coote and Gordon.
The only two other Sydney clubs who could use him are Cronulla and the Tigers, and both of these clubs are probably right on their cap.
Should the Dragons make a play for him at $600,000, you could probably pick up Stanley and Nightingale for $250,000 each

God said:
I wouldn't pay him half that,

He isn't and will never be the player he was,
He has 0 loyalty and is very disruptive

To be honest the more he go involved in attck again the warriors on sunday the less effective we looked, let him pack his back when the year ends and rejoin Hasler.

Bit harsh considering it's all your fault.

I'm not sure if it has been mentioned already (haven't read the thread) - but think of all those legal fees he would need to pay for! Sorry if already mentioned.

manlyforever08 said:
I'm not sure if it has been mentioned already (haven't read the thread) - but think of all those legal fees he would need to pay for! Sorry if already mentioned.
Very true all though he did get six figure sum to settle out of court with the telegraph.

I'm sure Brett and Glenn's 10 years are up at the end of 2012.

Isn't there a salary cap exemption for them both?

I think it used to be around $100,000.

Anyone know?:-/

Cambo said:

The way i see it.

He owes the club imo,Same as Mini owed the roosters for his years of injury,ill be filthy if he plays in the NRL after departing manly,Mini was a good man and repayed the faith,hopefully Snake follows suit

As a long time fan I'm so incensed with this lack of loyalty from this guy we have stood by thick and thin. Don't get me wrong he has been GREAT for the club but the club has been very loyal to him with his injuries and other trouble which I have no doubt cost the club in sponsor dollars. Brent Read the Australian journo confirmed it on sportsline, this has the capacity to derail our season and he should be sent back 2 nsw cup, I wait for all the excuses now about legal fees and such and I hope he blows his knee out on friday night and never laces on a boot again. I hope his grub of a brother clears out 2 and we can start again without Wollongong grubs

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4