Snake wants 2.4 mil from Manly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Glenn is in the top 5 forwards in the game and still has plenty of good years left in him. It's ludicrous to suggest he isn't worth fighting to retain.

Can I just confirm the rumours?

01. Brett Stewart to either Dragons or Bulldogs?
02. Michael Oldfield
03. Steve Matai
04. Jamie Lyon to St Helens?
05. David Williams
06. Kieran Foran to either Roosters or Bulldogs?
07. Daly Cherry-Evans to Bronco's?
08. Jason King
09. Matt Ballin
10. Brent Kite heading overseas?
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Tony Williams following Des to Bulldogs?
13. Glenn Stewart released, or to Dragons or Bulldogs?

14. Jamie Buhrer
15. Darcy Lussick to Roosters following JWH & Tasi?
16. George Rose not up to standard anymore?
17. Joe Galuvao to retire?

Jesus guys, the way we keep going, we'll be fielding 3 players next season.

Sick of dud rumours.

Pay him what he wants or as close as we can to keep him. He class.

But, I am sick of The High Maintenance Stewart Brothers yet again threatening to disrupt our season.

Our best forward and our best back. If the club can afford to pay what they are asking they should both be signed ASAP.

bob dylan said:

But, I am sick of The High Maintenance Stewart Brothers yet again threatening to disrupt our season.

Bob.... I am loving the 'high maitainence Stewart Brothers' winning us premierships. IMO, at least one more title will be won by Manly before they retire if we re-sign them. If they go we need to rebuild.

Cambo said:
I don't blame Brett the kid has got to get as much as he can get. I don't think English big payday is going to be there for him after his nrl career cos of his knees and the fact he was wrongfully charged. English imaginations are very tough they won't care his case was thrown out.
I doubt there's a media career for him because he barely talks to those bastards for obvious reasons.

So this contract has to set him up for life.

Yes,that's right.We wouldn't want any NRL players who retire to actually have to go out in the real world on an average wage of say $60K-$80K!

bones said:
Our best forward and our best back. If the club can afford to pay what they are asking they should both be signed ASAP.

bob dylan said:

Bob.... I am loving the 'high maitainence Stewart Brothers' winning us premierships. IMO, at least one more title will be won by Manly before they retire if we re-sign them. If they go we need to rebuild.

Yeah me too, and that is why I said pay him what he wants.

But honestly there always seems to be a major drama with them, often not their fault. I am sure its a major turnoff for other clubs, which is good.

Jono said:
Earnie the Eagle said:
StuBoot said:
Weidler said it so I'll take it with a grain of salt but seeing as it's up for discussion I'll put in my two cents worth.
If the "TV deal" goes though then 600K a season will be the norm so probs there.
He's 27 with effectively two years off in that time, look at Mini he's still firing after all his problems so draw a line through that.
Experienced fullbacks are gold.

You make a good point Stu, there are not a lot of great experienced fullbacks around, who would Manly get to replace him?

Michael Gordon is off contract this year. He'd command half of what Brett commands, and he's a goal kicker to replace Lyon when he leaves.

Good choice Jono but I reckon he'd be wanting close to what Snake wants and weigh up the pros & cons - He's 2 years older ( according to Wikipedia ) , coming back from a broken leg & had a major injury last year too.
Stick with Snake, he'll be talked about with the same reverence as Irvine in years to come.

I wouldn't pay him half that,

He isn't and will never be the player he was,
He has 0 loyalty and is very disruptive

To be honest the more he go involved in attck again the warriors on sunday the less effective we looked, let him pack his back when the year ends and rejoin Hasler.

Mybludog said:
We know we're over the cap for 2013 so we'll have to shed some players.

Makes some sence to me that we let Glenn go. He's due to get a BIG payday next year so it may just mean the difference between keeping DCE & Foz or not.

Killers on a big payday next year as well so they might even be looking at releasing him early so he can pick up a 2 or 3 year deal in the UK.

You are obviously well-informed so I'm surprised you know we are 1. over the cap in 2012 and 2. have 'big payouts' due for several players. You suggest that we can 'release' such players early. I presume you are suggesting this is to avoid having to pay them their large final year wage. But how, if they have a contract? They are entitled to this money. Are you suggesting these players would play for another club and we'd make up the wage difference?
I welcome you clarifying this.

God said:

To be honest the more he go involved in attck again the warriors on sunday the less effective we looked, let him pack his back when the year ends and rejoin Hasler.

If you are a Manly supporter than GOD help us!

God said:

This post has made me question my faith...

Brett is game breaker and solid in defense so he is worth something of value.

But as i said if you think he is worth $600K then you might want to take your Maroon and White Goggles off and start thinking with your head.

Despite the above I will be one of the first sadden to see him go if that is his choice.

I hope Manly do their best to retain him at least for a couple more years

The Who said:
God said:

Look regardless of everything else he may be a 2.4 million dollar player if his body was in better shape but in reality, I think 300k a season is closer to his worth in present condition.

If Hoppa Jrn is worth $800,000 then Brett must be worth $1-M a season. Of course, everyone knows that Parra money is valueless.

The Who said:
If Hoppa Jrn is worth $800,000 then Brett must be worth $1-M a season. Of course, everyone knows that Parra money is valueless.

Not having a salary cap over there must be nice for them, between Hayne, Sandow and Hopper its going to be kibble time for everyone else.

God said:
The Who said:
God said:

Look regardless of everything else he may be a 2.4 million dollar player if his body was in better shape but in reality, I think 300k a season is closer to his worth in present condition.

Seriously God, Brett has been through Hell and back. Its not like his sided with Satan. Give the guy a little latitude. $350 tops.

Oneyeagle said:
God said:
The Who said:
God said:

Seriously God, Brett has been through Hell and back. Its not like his sided with Satan. Give the guy a little latitude. $350 tops.

300 -350 has got to be his real world worth but anyone signing him to a 4 year contact has rocks in their heads after he's spent most of the last 3 seasons off the field - 2yrs seems like a smarter option and if his body improves give him an upgrade.

The Who said:

In the real estate world we call this a comparable market analysis & I think your valuation is spot on. ;)
Keep in mind, before ppl judge what Brett is worth take a long hard look not just at his ability or that his speed is not at 100%, but the effect he has on this football team. Not only a superstar himself but he lifts the entire team around him by 10% - 15% which is a rare ability that must be considered.

Love the guy ! but no way 600 k . Not just that but we fork out that money for brett we would have to do the same for Glenn also as they are a package deal? thats alot of money when we need to wrap up some of our future stars.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2