Snake wants 2.4 mil from Manly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
King siro said:
I cant see you guys paying $600k a year for Stewart. You chased Tedesco pretty hard so id say that suggests the club feels Stewart isnt worth it. Time will tell

It was reported that the bidding war was between St George and West Tigers, the Sea Eagles were not even mentioned.

600,000 K a year is big money, any team wouldnt want a bar of it considering injuries. Bulldogs can waste their cap on that if it means we keep foran and DCE.

So is it $2.4mil over 4 or 5 years ??

He's worth $600K a season at his best IMO, just don't know whether his best is in front or behind him at the moment.

Daniel said:
Once the new tv deal comes in I reckon he is worth 600k a season

I agree Dan. I would love our halves signed up 1st though, as i think they will be after a big pay rise.

WAMF said:
Didn't Hoppa sign for 800k a season?
600k don't sound too bad to me.

Parra are idiots, plain and simple. The salary cap is there to prevent them going broke through sheer stupidity.

Mybludog said:
they'll never play at different clubs

i still recon Glenn will be released at the end of this year and they'll both go to the Dogs on 3 year deals which will see them out

I hear ya russ, but gifty is a 400k player under the new cap. The dogs would have to release 6 or 7 players to afford them, When 2 players command 20 % of the cap, its very hard to accomodate them at any new club, and very risky

half the squad will be pissed off this season once they know,

This is why the NRL need to allow some exemptions with the salary cap for paying players for loyalty to see out their career at a club they have spent their career playing for. It will be a sad day if he does leave the club to finish up elsewhere.

If the cap goes up to 5 mil then possibly 600,000 a year is on the cards, but 4 years in the game with his knees is a worry, offer 2 years at 500,000 with the option of a 3rd

Tooves will decide what his value to Manly is. I'll go with Toovey's judgment until further notice.

Weidler said it so I'll take it with a grain of salt but seeing as it's up for discussion I'll put in my two cents worth.
If the "TV deal" goes though then 600K a season will be the norm so probs there.
He's 27 with effectively two years off in that time, look at Mini he's still firing after all his problems so draw a line through that.
Experienced fullbacks are gold.

his knee condition is a chronic one and the 4 year term even at half the cost would be madness.

If Manly even sit down to talk to him we will know one of the two haves is not being retained.

That's a possibility Cam but doesn't seem likely to me.

We know we're over the cap for 2013 so we'll have to shed some players.

Makes some sence to me that we let Glenn go. He's due to get a BIG payday next year so it may just mean the difference between keeping DCE & Foz or not.

I just can't see them going anywhere else but here or with Des.

I think they'll probably try and off load Kitey and someone else early as well. Do what they did with Rodney and get him a UK deal for an extra couple of years.

Killers on a big payday next year as well so they might even be looking at releasing him early so he can pick up a 2 or 3 year deal in the UK.

Irespective of what we think or want it'll all come down to how and who they can fit in the cap.

ERNIE FOR NO7 said:
his knee condition is a chronic one and the 4 year term even at half the cost would be madness.

If Manly even sit down to talk to him we will know one of the two haves is not being retained.
Would you be aware if many of the players we have contracted beyond 2011 have clauses in their contracts allowing for % pay rises for wat ever % the cap is increase. I maybe wrong but I understand that's common practice.

$600,000 for B.Stewart? Would be irresponsible for club management to seriously consider this. Surely this is Snakes best case scenario?

No question in my mind that he is worth $600K at anywhere near his best, but it is too big a risk if he is going to be sitting out more seasons in the future.

I think a back ended 4 Year deal would work (if he would agree to it).

If his knees continue to be a problem he will not be much value to us, but if that is the case he would likey be forced into retirement before he gets to Year 4 meaning we wouldn't be paying overs for what we got.

If his knees hold up he will be still be firing on all 8 (12?) cylinders in Year 4 and will be worth every cent of what we pay him that year.

I read in RLW that Killer will go back to St helens, would be a massive hole to fill but he's been awesome for us and I think most fans would be happy for him to finish off over there at his 2nd home.

StuBoot said:
Weidler said it so I'll take it with a grain of salt but seeing as it's up for discussion I'll put in my two cents worth.
If the "TV deal" goes though then 600K a season will be the norm so probs there.
He's 27 with effectively two years off in that time, look at Mini he's still firing after all his problems so draw a line through that.
Experienced fullbacks are gold.

You make a good point Stu, there are not a lot of great experienced fullbacks around, who would Manly get to replace him?

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6