1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Snake to Dragons possibly 2017

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by stlth15, Feb 3, 2016.

1. stlth15

stlth15 Member

Ratings:
    +35 / 0
  2. HoldenV8

HoldenV8 Well-Known Member

Adelaide
    Ratings:
    +6,735 / 125
    Wouldn't surprise me. At least he'd have one or two last seasons with Gifty and he wouldn't be playing against Manly.

• Like Like x 1
  3. StuBoot

StuBoot Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +795 / 7
    Yep, that makes sense.
    His problematic hammy's will love to play in the English Super League where the weather is cold and the fields are slippery.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Lord Eagleton

Lord Eagleton Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +835 / 24
    Why? I love Snake just as much as anyone else but him departing gets Tom Turbo in the no. 1 jumper, where he needs to be within the next couple of years. In 12 months time Turbo will have improved even more and will likely be NSW first choice fullback. The handover could be impeccable timing...

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  5. maxta

maxta Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Toowoomba, Queensland
    Ratings:
    +2,344 / 56
    First I thought, WTF....Illawarra....who he was very close to signing with a few years ago.
    TBH has been Manlys best player with Lyon for years but his career is close to fulltime....playing anymore would Imo, be past his expiry date.
    A player who fans will always remember as a 1 club legend either way.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Ben

Ben Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 47
    Tom will be way too good to be a winger in 2017. This is perfect timing for both parties

7. Mark from Brisbane

Mark from Brisbane Living the dream Premium Member

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +12,701 / 257
    Doesn't surprise me , in fact I also think it will be the last year for our two other greats as well.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  8. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    Name me a season in the last 5 years that Snake hasn't been linked somewhere. Roosters, Dragons, Raiders, overheard in cafe going to Titans, Souths at one point, off to Dogs to replace Barba if I recall. He's a popular boy.

Who wouldn't want to go to the south of France and play footy with their brother ??

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. brad

brad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,561 / 59
    I think that would be a good move for him than staying on one season to long . Go out with dignity bs you will always be a champion in any of our future conversations .

10. Alby

Alby Active Member

Ratings:
    +337 / 12
    He was great last season (Manly's 2nd highest in line-break assists and highest try-scorer), and if he continues being one of the most important attacking weapons on the field, I don't know why we'd be happy to see him move on.

That is of course if we see a drop in form, and Tommy T just can't be contained on the wing anymore. But this will be Tommy's 1st full season, and if both are playing great, then they could do the ole 'Mini RTS switcheridoo thing' for '16 and '17.

I feel our best chances for a premiership tilt will be in '17, but we will need Snake and Killer for one final season to potentially get the job done.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2016
  11. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,624 / 132
    If he wants to go into semi retirement this is great timing, still think he could do well in 2017, by 2018 TT will need to be our main priority i.e. wearing the 1 going forward.

Hopefully it means a good result for all parties

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Rodo

Rodo Goldmember 2016 Tipping Competitor

Southern Sydney
    Ratings:
    +484 / 14
    If Snake can stay injury free then I can't see why he can't go around for another year or 2. He's been Manly's main attacking weapon for so many years and will be sorely missed when he does move on or retire.

• Agree Agree x 4
  13. Cliffy's Ciggy

Cliffy's Ciggy Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 1
    The club needs to be a bit careful with the handover of the team in the next two years.

Losing Snake, Lyon and Matai in one season, no matter what replacements we have lined up, will be a massive loss. More so in terms of culture and leadership. The club has been stable(ish) for 10 years. Losing all three at once would be detrimental I reckon. I don't want to compare it to Warne and McGrath leaving the cricket team but...

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. globaleagle

globaleagle Où est mon chapeau Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +7,780 / 58
    Has anyone checked with snakes dad to see where his best mate currently is/coaches/has a coffee shop/likes dalai arthur on facebook?

cause according to these "journos" - that's what he bases his decisions on.

15. silver

silver Active Member

Ratings:
    +132 / 7
    Would free up a lot of salary cap space and allow us to tip Tom Turbo long term

16. brad

brad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,561 / 59
    Matai just signed an extension so he wont be going anywhere .lyon will play again if his body doesn't get any major injuries.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. tookey

tookey Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +4,243 / 131
    Would free up a lot of money to sign Cordner. Oh that's right

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Mals

Mals Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Pennant Hills
    Ratings:
    +1,479 / 35
    Is disagree Snake need to do what's in the best interests of Foran's family @;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. Eagles2nv

Eagles2nv New Team, New Beginnings 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,399 / 35
    Yeap not surprise by this. Snake is close to retirement and Tommy Turbo should be ready to take the No.1 spot.

20. MadMarcus

MadMarcus Local Lunatic 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +5,803 / 53
    I'd hate to see him go to another NRL club but I am ok with him going overseas if that's what he wants to do. As good as Tommy T is, Snake is irreplaceable in many ways but he is of course towards the end of his career and will have to call it a day at some point relatively soon. He will always be a Manly great.