Snake on outer and Starling (not Vave to Sharks)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Who was the french fullback from the seventies who had a philosophy that if the front 12 cant stop him, im not going too

Puig Aubert I believe is the French fullback you are referring to, he played in the 1950's and you are right with your comment that if the other 12 players couldn't make the tackle why should I.

Very sad with Brett, he has been and always will be a great player in my eyes, but Brett please tell us this is your last season with Manly!

From last nights Five things we learned from Cowboys v Sea Eagles by RLW:

3. Stewart is a ghost of his former self.
Brett Stewart’s form this season has mirrored the efforts of the Sea Eagles as a club. The former Test fullback looks seemingly disinterested at times and you have to wonder if his time in the game is set to come to an end sooner rather than later.

Last night we were 4 points down with 2 minutes to go.

We were defending a repeat set on our line after Thurston forced a goal line drop out.

With 2 minutes to go the Cowboys put in another grubber.

Snake makes no attempt at the ball and watches as it slowly crosses the dead ball line.

He HAD to make a play for the ball. However tough it would have been to return the ball to the field of play he still had to make a play. His actions were a complete surrender of the match and he may as well have blown the full time siren himself.

Let's face it. Snake has stopped competing. He's been there for a while now as I saw evidence of this last season as well.
He's done it before. Recall the 16-17 semi final loss to the bulldogs. Was it not Stewart who made an absolutely futile attempt at a field goal with a minute left that duly sailed over the dead ball line and gifted the 7 tackles to take it up field and set up for the winning field goal?.
I remember screaming at the TV for him to just kick it toward the in-goal so we could trap them there. Everything went red and was just a blur after that.
NYEagle

If you remember that @NYEagle then you should remember that as Snake kicked that FG attempt he was tackled by a 5 metres offside (but ignored by the refs) Josh Reynolds.

Not saying he would have actually kicked that FG had Reynolds remained onside because Snake's kicking has always been iffy at best. But the reality was that it should have been a penalty to Manly about 15 metres out and only 5 wide of the posts. In Golden Point with Killer kicking it would have been game over had we been given a penalty for offside (IIRC the touch judges actually told the refs he was offside but they were ignored).

Manly being in the 2014 GF wasn't in the NRL's plans.....and it was hardly Snake's doing. Back then he was still one of out best.

Yes this must be the case, otherwise what would have been the negotiation for the position have been......?

'Listen we've got this football team that needs a coach and you're a rookie coach that needs some experience, look we'll do all the selections and decision making, so no pressure, real easy gig see.....all you have to do is turn up, look pretty and bumble your way through a few press conferences, our expertise will make you look good too! Whadiya say?'

Here's what I know. One of our new buys is so disappointed in the running of the show, that only a couple of months in, he's counting the days til his deal is up. He is very disheartened to say the least. He thought he was coming to a well run, professional club, and instead, he says it is a shambles. His previous club is leaps and bounds ahead of our club in almost every professional aspect, and our lack of professionalism has really surprised him.

He knows I'm Manly, through and through and says he feels sorry for the fans and players at the moment, particularly the old guard who are clearly not happy this year either. What should have been an exciting time in the club's history with the blend of old heads and young guns, has become a year to forget, and unless there is a major shake up in the off season, prepare for more of the same next year.

Food for thought.....Why do you think Jamie Lyon was talking of another year in the game at least at the beginning of the year, only to announce his retirement a couple of weeks later? What could have changed his mind so quickly?

Enough said. I'll stick solid, but I hope we make some changes and the shackles are taken off in the near future.

Here's what I know. One of our new buys is so disappointed in the running of the show, that only a couple of months in, he's counting the days til his deal is up. He is very disheartened to say the least. He thought he was coming to a well run, professional club, and instead, he says it is a shambles. His previous club is leaps and bounds ahead of our club in almost every professional aspect, and our lack of professionalism has really surprised him.

He knows I'm Manly, through and through and says he feels sorry for the fans and players at the moment, particularly the old guard who are clearly not happy this year either. What should have been an exciting time in the club's history with the blend of old heads and young guns, has become a year to forget, and unless there is a major shake up in the off season, prepare for more of the same next year.

Food for thought.....Why do you think Jamie Lyon was talking of another year in the game at least at the beginning of the year, only to announce his retirement a couple of weeks later? What could have changed his mind so quickly?

Enough said. I'll stick solid, but I hope we make some changes and the shackles are taken off in the near future.
This must be one of Kapow, walker or Myles.

Very sad. We have fallen so far in such a short time frame. I am worried about next year as well. If the Knights start improving we could be in for a very rough trot. We look so average. Even last night when we had a dig we still looked terrible in defence. I really struggle with Trent Barrett saying that we defended our goal line well.

I agree with Matthew Wright, the Cowboys are streets ahead of us.

Seriously though, this situation will permeate through all the off contract players , I'm betting we won't sign a single top line player in 2017, it will either be the young guns coming up, or journeymen like Myles.

You can bet we were enquiring about the likes of Mansour / Tamou but you can also bet they were put off by the smell emanating from Narabeen.

If Penn still wants a football club in 2018 when the big money arrives he needs to say sayonara to a few behind the scenes people, those with their sticky fingers in the decision making roles.

The club will never heal whilst they are still there.

This must be one of Kapow, walker or Myles.

Very sad. We have fallen so far in such a short time frame. I am worried about next year as well. If the Knights start improving we could be in for a very rough trot. We look so average. Even last night when we had a dig we still looked terrible in defence. I really struggle with Trent Barrett saying that we defended our goal line well.
I actually don't think it is one of those three the Tigers, Rabbits and Titans are all basket cases as well. I reckon it may be one of the 'riff boys and I hope sincerely it isn't Matty Parcell.

Because Jamie got burned by Sam Thaiday and got the polite tap.

Puig Aubert I believe is the French fullback you are referring to, he played in the 1950's and you are right with your comment that if the other 12 players couldn't make the tackle why should I.

Very sad with Brett, he has been and always will be a great player in my eyes, but Brett please tell us this is your last season with Manly!

Puig Aubert used to smoke on the field whilst playing, no bull$hit

I actually don't think it is one of those three the Tigers, Rabbits and Titans are all basket cases as well. I reckon it may be one of the 'riff boys and I hope sincerely it isn't Matty Parcell.
Parcell has 3 years for a countdown to exit Manly.

What is shambolic?
Manly put in a new gym and rehab facility. They handpicked each department.

It would be interesting to know @mozgrame

This also reads like bull**** - coming to a "well run, professional club" after the year we had last year culminating in the Toovey sacking. If it's true - mystery man can get ****ed. As Blake says in Glengarry Glen Ross (among other things), "if you don't like it, leave"

Actually, that sounds like Matty Parcell. Brisbane (especially with Bennett running the show) would be far more professional than we are.

I honestly don't think we'll recover until the Penns sell. They come with ZtH and that is too much for any club to stand.
I want to be wrong.

The bi
I think Snake is struggling physically and mentally. I personally think the comments that he isn't trying are wide of the mark, but he's clearly not up to it anymore.

He needs to go but his retirement must be managed very carefully for the sake of his own wellbeing imo and that's more important than trying to finish 10th instead of 15th, particularly after all he has given us over the years.
The big tell tale sign was the DCE try last night. 5 years ago Snake would have been the go to man for that inside pass that Turbo created. But DCE was the one predicting that play. I for one was looking for Snake when Turbo made the break but unfortunately he was nowhere to be seen. Luv the guy but all good things must come to an end.

Seriously, I think we have all said enough now. It is getting a bit embarrassing to keep talking about it. Make a solid decision Manly ffs

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7