SMH :United Sea Eagles will fight fine

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Manly will contest the $10,000 fine the club was slugged with for Geoff Toovey's infamous post-match spray.

Sea Eagles powerbrokers finally received the NRL's breach notice on Thursday, three days after the NRL issued a press release confirming the club would be fined for what the NRL's head of football, Todd Greenberg, described as ''unwarranted attacks on match officials''.

Club officials are livid South Sydney forward Jeff Lima was suspended for only one week for his ''crocodile roll'' tackle on Anthony Watmough, who came into the encounter with a well-publicised leg injury. Toovey slammed the move as ''suspicious'' and was also agitated by the penalty count and a no-try ruling against Steve Matai.

The Eagles weren't commenting on Thursday but the club is preparing a detailed submission to the breach notice. However, they were more forward about denying reports of unrest between the Stewart brothers, Brett and Glenn, and Daly Cherry-Evans. The halfback denied he wanted out of the club to return to Queensland.
Advertisement

''We pride ourselves on a level of commitment and competitiveness, and apart from some good old-fashioned NSW and Queensland rivalry, this squad remains very tight,'' Cherry-Evans said. ''That goes for me, Glenn and Brett Stewart.''

Glenn Stewart also laughed off suggestions of a feud. ''I know everyone in this squad has great respect and appreciation for the role everyone plays and, while our competitive spirit never subsides, to suggest there's any falling-out is ludicrous.''

Read the Full SMH article

bones said:
Upon hearing that Manly will contest the $10k fine, Todd Greenburg was quoted as saying "That's ridiculous. It's ridiculous."

I found it funny that, he issued his mouthpiece breach and took 3 days later to issue the actual breach. Obviously wasnt a news crew or photo opp associated with the paper work

Or he had to do some research on what is breach worthy after the fact

3 days after

Essentially what that does is gives us as LITTLE time as possible to work with

I cant wait til Greenturd gets fired

cherry_poppins said:
3 days after

Preferably with a real fire. Like wood-fired. That would be awesome.

bones said:
cherry_poppins said:
3 days after

I'm thinking the ignition source could be the coolest sustainable fire

So it takes as long as possible,you could feed him himself

bones said:
cherry_poppins said:
3 days after

Or from a cannon.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7