Smash Thurston

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

silvertail

Reserve Grader
Legally, of course.

I watched Thurston get smashed time and time again in a match against the Tigers last year. He got belted as soon as he got the ball. I always thought it was strange that he subbed himself, never to return in that match, claiming injury, yet able to play the next week.

Let's give him another dose on brutal, unrelenting and legal special attention.

Thurston injured as Tigers beat Cowboys

Andrew Keyte
Saturday April 10, 2010

The West Tigers recorded a gritty win over the North Queensland Cowboys in a brutal encounter in Townsville tonight.

In a match that took nearly two hours to complete because of numerous injury stoppages, the Tigers overcame a heavy weight of possession against them to claim a 23-16 victory.

However the biggest story of the match involves a shoulder injury to Australian and Queensland halfback Jonathan Thurston.

With the 16,273 strong crowd stunned into silence, the Cowboys captain left the field in the 30th minute and did not return.

Thurston has an injury history to the same shoulder and wears a protective brace on it in every game.

The early prognosis for the latest injury suggests a minimum two-to-four week stint on the sideline.

He also suffered a nasty blow in the opening exchanges when Tigers forward Gareth Ellis accidently kneed Thurston in the groin as he drove down on the halfback to complete a tackle.

ELATED Cowboys skipper Johnathan Thurston has issued a "hands-off" edict to the string of halfbacks eyeing his Test and State of Origin jumpers after he was cleared of a serious shoulder injury late yesterday.

There had been fears Thurston's season might be over after he was forced from the field during last Saturday night's loss to Wests Tigers in Townsville.

But scans yesterday revealed Thurston had suffered no structural damage.

he may be a grub but i would never doubt his courage.with the other grub slater he is the best player in the game.

Thurston has proven himself at state and international level, he is tough and creative , If we can smash his forwards than we can limit his chances of controlling the game.

I agree, cut off his options and you go along way to beating the Girls. Our defense has been outstanding recently, and if we can do the same up there then our backs, who are superior, should do the job. Manly by 8.

susan said:
he may be a grub but i would never doubt his courage.with the other grub slater he is the best player in the game.

Slater isnt even Thurstons post code as a player
Thurston wins international competition
Slater single handedly loses them

DSM5 said:
I agree, cut off his options and you go along way to beating the Girls. Our defense has been outstanding recently, and if we can do the same up there then our backs, who are superior, should do the job. Manly by 8.

Mate the cowgirls are preaty hard to beat they are one of the most sexiest cheerleaders in the nrl

Better than Slater at the moment?
Marshell,Boyd,Mini and Bowen are safer options

Marshell is obvious
Boyd is safe as a house,although very no frills
Mini is just as safe but is as hard to stop as a greased up deaf guy
Bowen is safe to,possesses the most blistering acceleration ive seen in a long while and speed isnt to shabby either
Cam Smith
Cronk
Gallen

Slater is a little cowardly merkin who profits from the brilliance of Cam Smith and Cronk,he knows where to be sure but i dont really rate him as a lethal player as himself

They will be hard to beat. Bowen will be hard to shut down as well. Will need to put some pressure on him too.

Saying Minichello and Bowen are better than Slater is quite simply ridiculous.Both have had chronic long term injuries and although good players are a shadow of their former selves and are not even being considred for origin.

Boyd has played wing for Qld for the last few years and is not even considered a chance at fullback for Qld by anyone other than yourself.

Marshall and Smith are the only two above who are in the same league.

Gallen has never played a full origin series for a side that has been beaten 5 yeras straight.Not because of injury but due to not being picked in the first place or dropped once he has.

I hate the bloke but saying he is not a champion player is ridiculous.

I too, hate Slater with a passion (the fact that he's still sliding studs-first into players and allowed to get away with it infuriates me), and I'll admit that the red mist probably does colour my appreciation of his skills. Still, there are parts of his game that are terribly overrated. His passing game is poor (likely as not to end up over the sideline or behind the player), certainly nowhere near as good as Brett Stewart's passing game, and he's not exactly safe under the high ball. But he does score a lot of tries, so he must be doing something right.

For every mistake he makes he more than redeems himself with other plays. I agree, to say Boyd or Minichello are better than him is laughable.

I hate the bloke more than most people.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4