Slow start, fast finish

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

COMMANDER

IF YOU DO NOT TRY YOU CAN NOT FAIL
That's my prediction for the season.

Should make for some interesting forum activity over the next couple of months.

Yes the first 5 weeks is a tough ask, expect we'll probably drop a couple. If we lose 2 or 3 in a row then it'll be interesting reading here. The bottom line is that it is very, very difficult to defend a title in the NRL, so I'm trying to temper my expectations for this year with that history in mind.

I think we will struggle for a few weeks.

The naysayers will be sharpening their knives for Tooves.

It will be interseting. Last time we won a WCC it all went to ****e. This time we might start with a bit more fire in the belly.

mozgrame said:
It will be interseting. Last time we won a WCC it all went to ****e. This time we might start with a bit more fire in the belly.

Yep a few of the boys will be disappointed about their WCC performances & now have 2 weeks to think about it. Our recent track record in NZ is pretty good so watch out Warriors!

It may take a while for the boys to gel under Tooves leadership, but i think it will be another great year for us.

Kiwi Eagle said:
Did anybody else get sidetracked by the topic title and the posters username ? ;)

Sorry I meant fast start, fast finish, 10 hours sleep and a bowl of wheetbix.

Steely defence is what's needed. And that's what was lacking. Our ability to handle cross field kicks and our defence close to the line will be the difference between close wins and close losses. The individual brilliance of foran, dce, snake, big brother and Lyon is enough for us to score the points to win games early on. They can gel as an attacking unit later in the season.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7