1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Slothfield Apology????

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Frogz, Aug 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frogz

Frogz Don't mess with the goat, he has photos. Premium Member

Sydney, Australia
    Ratings:
    +1,390 / 36
    I hope the club and the NRL take Slothfield on and demand a public apology after his article and photo last week about an alleged eye gouge...He said "The photo the NRL and Manly didn't want you to see"

Different story today you drunken old hack.

How can the NRL/Telecr@p keep feeding these guys when all they do is bag the product.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/south-sydney-prop-dave-tyrrell-says-josh-starling-eye-gouge-image-looked-worse-than-it-was/story-fndv36md-1227025962123

2. sheridanstand78

sheridanstand78 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,308 / 51
    When it comes to Rothtool, there is oxo stock, brown stock and he is most certainly laughing stock.

His article and the photo was designed to damage our club and even the vermin players knew it was a farce.

Youre so irrelevant Rothtool!!!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Mark from Brisbane

Mark from Brisbane Living the dream Premium Member

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +12,737 / 257
    Its a bit like Rabbits and Gus, I think their time is almost at an end in calling the games, whilst no doubt Rabbits is the best in the business at the calling part, the on air dribble between these two is sickening.

And ditto with Slothfield (yep that's you arsewipe if reading this), his out dated and biased reporting means he's had his day.

Mind you there's a few others as well, Roy Masters being one.

It's funny the people who employ these people probably think they have the best in the business, ask any fan and they would hear a different story!!

4. wedgetail eagle

wedgetail eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,724 / 10
    Could Starling get Litigious? ;)

5. simon64

simon64 Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +2,079 / 27
    If he doesn't take precautions, he could catch anything........:p

• Like Like x 1
  6. HoldenV8

HoldenV8 Well-Known Member

Adelaide
    Ratings:
    +6,739 / 125
    This all makes me smile considering that Star got off and that I managed to get under Rothtool's skin about him trying to get Star cited and suspended :D

7. Brookie Brawler

Brookie Brawler Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +428 / 6
    Starling pled guilty. 75 points.

8. nodd

nodd Well-Known Member

hiding from the kids
    Ratings:
    +105 / 5
    Do we have a blue face emoticon?

Cause I wouldn't be holding my breath waiting for an apology from anyone in the media.

• Like Like x 1
  9. HappilyManly

HappilyManly MWTS Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Freshwater
    Ratings:
    +11,498 / 254
    There was a photo today with Hopa's fingers in an Opponent's mouth.

But no hystetical Buzz expose calling for a 20 week ban :mad:

10. Jethro

Jethro This space is for rent Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,897 / 7
    This is the closest emoticon that i could find for you:

[​IMG]

but it's not really holding breath though (about to spew).

• Like Like x 1
  11. Pride

Pride Active Member

Ratings:
    +60 / 0
    Phew glad it wasn't another orifice...

12. Jatz Crackers

Jatz Crackers Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,242 / 7
    The link in that post doesnt say it was rothfield as the journalist

And nor does anything in that article suggest the NRL "fed" that story to anyone in the media.

13. Frogz

Frogz Don't mess with the goat, he has photos. Premium Member

Sydney, Australia
    Ratings:
    +1,390 / 36
    Jatz, have a look back at Slothfields original article, that is what its about,....then come back, read it again and say something constructive...or really ... off I am really sick of your bull**** comments on anything I post...good night

• Like Like x 1
  14. RiverEagle

RiverEagle New Member

Ratings:
    +1,055 / 0
    No @"Jatz Crackers" @Frogz link is to the aftermath of the issue (and Josh being cleared).

The link to the original article - by Phil Rothfool - is provided by @HappilyManly (on page 4 of the Josh Starling thread).

It is a bloated and hyberbolic rant by Rothfool, clearly a trial-by-media; and the photographer was a News Ltd. employee as well.

I'm not sure how you can miss the clear attempt by Rothfool and the Telecrap to incite the NRL to act (and not vice-versa).

WHY would the NRL "feed" any photo or issue to any media outlet, when they can act when and wherever they see fit?

They don't need media corroboration for any action (though they can and often use THEIR material to further an action).

@Frogz is asking whether Manly should ask for an apology from the News Ltd. stable (for convicting Josh from a still -photo-shot).

I seriously doubt the NRL would want or seek any public apology; considering it was Manly impugned after all.

15. Ron E. Gibbs

Ron E. Gibbs Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,437 / 12
    ^ I'm sure I also saw a bit in "The Telegraph" that criticised the NRL for being reactionary because they charged Starling on the basis of a single still photograph published in … wait for it… "The Daily Telegraph".

• Like Like x 1
  16. Shoe1

Shoe1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4,640 / 74
    I reckon massoud is looking to stage a coup, and snatch the prestigious title of "sports editor at large" from rothtool.

17. master blaster

master blaster Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +674 / 4
    well the red faced scumbag is at it again....this on the fox website...TOOVS ON THE NOSE

THE unrest at Manly over Glenn Stewart’s departure has seriously affected coach Geoff Toovey’srelationship with a number of senior Sea Eagles players who only communicate with him when they absolutely have to.,gee I hope the sharks get the spoon so bad

18. nodd

nodd Well-Known Member

hiding from the kids
    Ratings:
    +105 / 5

19. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,795 / 122
    Excellent. This indicates Toovey has successfully transitioned away from being one of the boys, a key requirement in becoming a master coach.

20. the mauler

the mauler Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,653 / 25
    Rothfools little snipe today about Tooves is as close to an apology you're ever goin to get. He's an absolute grub.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.