1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Slothfield Again

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Frogz, Sep 28, 2014.

1. Frogz

Frogz Don't mess with the goat, he has photos. Premium Member

Sydney, Australia
    Ratings:
    +1,389 / 36
    It must be Sunday, this tool is at it yet again..
    Now its because we let Arthur go to Parra..

SHOOSH

THE tug-of-war between the Roosters and Warriors for the services of Manly five-eighth Kieran Foran will make him one of the highest-paid players in the game.

TOOVS STRICKEN BY INTERNAL STRIFE

PRESSURE is mounting on Geoff Toovey as the Sea Eagles look back on what was a disappointing year by their lofty standards.

Head coach Toovey’s poor relationship with a number of senior players — not just Brett and Glenn Stewart and Anthony Watmough — has been the talk of Brookvale.

Toovey’s job is safe for the moment but there are likely to be changes in his coaching staff.

Plenty of players are still dirty that the club allowed Brad Arthur to sign with Parramatta.

2. bob dylan

bob dylan Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Junee
    Ratings:
    +4,401 / 130
    How does the club stop Brad Arthur signing with Parramatta??

Be realistic Brad Arthur was at Manly for 5 minutes.

• Like Like x 1
  3. MadMarcus

MadMarcus Local Lunatic 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +5,806 / 53
    Warriors is a new one... Add them to Parra, Souths, Bulldogs and Roosters and it is only the Broncos, Cowboys, Titans, Knights, Raiders, Storm, Dragons, Panthers, Tigers, Sharks to go.

Plenty of time left to cover them, then the RU rumours can start.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Moondog

Moondog Grey-beard loon Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Hervey Bay
    Ratings:
    +3,525 / 32
    Rothfield, a name synonymous with bulls**t.

• Like Like x 3
  5. sheridanstand78

sheridanstand78 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,308 / 51
    One thing you must say about Rothtool is that he is very consistent, especially when it comes to bile he dribbles about our club.

Gosh if we are in crisis, what does that make his beloved fish fingers look like?

Love the way that he insinuates that we are zero chance of retaining Foz. We will see about that, the Rorters and the Warriors would have to shed some significant cattle to land him.

Oh and to critisize Toovey over his relationships with the players well thats a bit rich when you consider that Tooves has been the glue that has kept them together over the last 3 seasons.

There is no way we would stand in the way of an assistant coach who had a chance to take a first grade coach position.

Time to take a break Rothtool cause what you write is really tired and boring now.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Hamster Huey

Hamster Huey Space Invader Premium Member

Ratings:
    +990 / 7
    He's desperate. It was already known before he left Manly, that Arthur was keen to return to a Head Coach role, "...Arthur said after Sunday’s Grand Final [2013] that he wanted to coach Parramatta for the next decade.

I want to be a career coach," he said. "I think the club has got a bright future. I do rate their roster. It’s got a lot of potential."

AND

"The thing that kept me positive was I had a great job at Manly. There’s no question I wanted to be a head coach, but it had to be the right time."

Like most, he was sure to have the option in his Manly contract to take up a Head Coach role elsewhere, if available.

All Rothfield has done is either (a) highlight ignorance on what drives coaches to take opportunities for top jobs, and/or (b) further ingrained the failure of our 'senior players' to accept life in the real world, thinking it's the clubs fault for effectively NOT letting Arthur go to a better position on offer.

I call shenanigans and reckon he's making it up...again.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Loobs

Loobs I am not really Scott Penn Premium Member

Ratings:
    +6,402 / 257
    Booze Rothfield at it again.

8. Aussie Battler

Aussie Battler Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +212 / 0
    "Toovey’s job is safe for the moment". In other words, I have no basis for this article and am just dribbling. For most coaches, their jobs are only safe momentarily.

• Like Like x 1
  9. wedgetail eagle

wedgetail eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,723 / 10
    With all that's gone on last night & Friday night, he talks about this?!!

• Like Like x 2
  10. Brissie Kid

Brissie Kid Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +827 / 10
    The media had a go at destroying Manly. Failed. Moved on to making the Tigers a rabble. Succeeded. Have now come back to have another go at Manly.

11. Lord Eagleton

Lord Eagleton Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +835 / 24
    He is such a penis

• Like Like x 1
  12. Mavin

Mavin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +929 / 43
    Why even bother to read this? He is like Ray Hadley and Alan Jones I can't stand them so I don't listen to them.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Budgewoi Eagle

Budgewoi Eagle In for the long haul. Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +4,015 / 52
    I thought you all liked your penises? penii?

14. manlyfan76

manlyfan76 Parra Trolls are the best. Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Anywhere but Parramatta
    Ratings:
    +5,343 / 111
    Should we follow the leadership of the sharks slothfelch?

This "reporter" is such a bottom feeder I can't believe he still gets article published.

15. bob dylan

Junee
    Ratings:
    +4,401 / 130
    He has named his team of the year.

And guess how many Manly players made the 17?

Thats rights none.

Dont worry he is such a sharp judge Hayne, Brett Morris abd Cameron Smith missed out too.

BUZZ’S TEAM OF THE YEAR

1. Greg Inglis

2. Josh Mansour

3. Dylan Walker

4. Tim Lafai

5. Alex Johnston

6. Johnathan Thurston

7. Adam Reynolds

8. George Burgess

9. James Segeyaro

10. James Graham

11. Sam Burgess

12. Ben Te’o

13. Aidan Guerra

Interchange:

14. Matt Scott

15. Josh Jackson

16. Dale Finucane

17. Jesse Bromwich

16. MadMarcus

MadMarcus Local Lunatic 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +5,806 / 53
    Carney must consider himself unlucky not to make that side.

• Like Like x 1
  17. bob dylan

Junee
    Ratings:
    +4,401 / 130
    Blake Ayshford is the real shock omission.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Masked Eagle

Masked Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +976 / 0
    Well surely the Shoosh part is no surprise. Probably isn't going to be a club that isn't going to have a crack at either Foran or DCE or both.

The other part is just garbage.

19. lsz

lsz Well-Known Member Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +3,647 / 66
    You know what is going to be interesting.....when the sharks players (former and current) start to take legal action against the club

• Like Like x 2
  20. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    His team of the year looks like the "Team made up of players who won a semi final in 2014 + Jesse Bromwich". Not a bad side though to be honest, they are the form players of the last few weeks.

I often wonder about this love affair players have with assistant coaches. Not often that you hear about them being disliked and they just about always have the players support when a head coach gets the spear mid season. Do you think it is a "good cop / bad cop" type scenario ? The head coach makes the tough calls and the assistant coach plays the buddy to the players.