Sloppy, lazy rubbish

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The Wheel link said:
You guys dont recall Matabele's 1st post after our Grand Final win?

Probably explains this thread as well.
You will have to refresh my memory Wheel? What did the big-hearted but diminishing physically African have to say?

Instead of rejoicing and thanking the god almighty for a tremendoud victory he gave some warning about winning a GF breeds complancency

I hate to say it but he may have been right!!

But I agree a tad harsh after a good win.

This team isn't the same "well oiled dynamic force of 2008", they have struggled all year...BUT...to give them credit where credit is due...from 2 wins out of the first 8 games to having a reasonable shot at the top 4 is a job bloody well done.

The positive's

The form of George Rose....having a fantastic year.
The great work being done by Michael Robertson in a role he's not that comfortable with, he's no Snake BUT he's done an admirable job.
The emergence of Keiran Foran...what a gun (for a young player), a star of the future.
The fact that we are still winning and putting ourseleves in a position to be a real force at the end of the year WITHOUT the Prince of Brookvale.

So whilst the first 10 minutes was (as the heading says) sloppy, lazy and rubbish...let's look on the bright side (can you do that Matta's???) and a win is a win and takes us that much closer to a finals berth!!

I was at a party last night & haven't watched the replay but i did have the pleasure of being driven mad by a couple of souths supporters who were giving me updates.At 14 nill they were saying we're gone when the game finished at 44-20 they freaked out saying in todays game not many teams can come back from 14nill down so guys how about some credit.

Farrers first try was good he made mad dog look like tony Williams in defense.

When snake is back it looks like t Williams will be dropped and Lyon will move back to 5/8. Farrer will then keep his spot. Des is already experimenting with Lyon attacking in 5/8.

Don't be fooled sure the first try was a bad miss by hall who got hit with a good fend, but the second was just a good try not many would have stopped it. After that point they only managed 1 more try after that

Mark from Brisbane link said:
. . . This team isn't the same \"well oiled dynamic force of 2008\" . .

No it is a different team, but if you recall even last year's team only took on that well oiled dynamic look when the finals arrived. Until then there were many performances that attracted criticism from Manly fans (especially those who couldn't imagine Des's plan).

I thought it was a dominant performance over a team who are not mugs. Anyway who wants perfection on the 24th of July?

SeaEagleRock8 link said:
[quote author=Mark from Brisbane link=topic=181160.msg233501#msg233501 date=1248477638]

. . . This team isn't the same \"well oiled dynamic force of 2008\" . .

No it is a different team, but if you recall even last year's team only took on that well oiled dynamic look when the finals arrived. Until then there were many performances that attracted criticism from Manly fans (especially those who couldn't imagine Des's plan).

I thought it was a dominant performance over a team who are not mugs. Anyway who wants perfection on the 24th of July?
[/quote]

Well said !

Moving Lyon closer in was important to swinging the game's fortunes. His kicking is back to where it was in the last two weeks of the 08 finals. The Knights kicking game showed us up in the first half but when Killer took over he reversed it with some clever try-line corner kicks and forcing goal-line restarts.

Mata is right in that the first 25 minutes was rubbish and a really good team would have closed us out. Then the Knights completely dropped it and we capitalised with power play.

We were very poor against the Queens and have sputtered since, but you can see the signs are there that we can put it all together again come September. I am looking forward to Matai coming back and making the backline more potent but if Georgie can keep running over the top of them it may not matter.

What I have been pleased about is the power game against both the Knights and Dogs in the last few weeks. Our metres out of trouble have been very good and not much is getting through the middle of the paddock. Interesting that both the Dragons and Knights try to play us on the edges but quick switches and cut outs to put people like T. Williams under pressure.

Points to Matas for the frank and self-reflective heading for his post. :)

Methodical strangling of Bulldogs, beating the Sharks in 2nd gear, choking the life out of the Knights after gifting a sizable lead.  The Saints (reserves v reserves) thrashing helps keep everyone focused. Three wins from those four games is a tidy result that places us well.

Building nicely.

The Wheel link said:
Re: \"recall Matabele's 1st post after our Grand Final win?\"

Instead of rejoicing and thanking the god almighty for a tremendoud victory he gave some warning about winning a GF breeds complancency

Lol, yer fuc*in kidding.
As a true Manly supporter (myself for over 3 decades, only team ever) if you didn't see that GF Annihilation of the Storm as one of the best exhibitions of Rugby League by a team ever and din't revel in & focus on that, you are fuc*ed in the head.

/ontopic

Sure, Manly have shown a lot of weakness and stumbles around the park during much of thier play, but such is lessening and I believe they are building well for a run into the finals.

They aren't replicating last year, nor can they now, but they can come close!

Sea E Gles!

Good to see Glen Stewart back in form as well.

Take out the 1st 15 minutes and we were on fire, as many have said a great platform to build on in the coming weeks.

vidmar link said:
FFS!
Let's see...
Get the 2 points? Check
Improve our position on the ladder? - Check
Improve our differential? - Check
Get through without any obvious major injuries? - Check
Good night at the game? - Check
Tad critical Mata? - Check

I'm a pom but even I'm finding these whinging hypercritical posts after a good win increasingly dull....
  Some of us have a longer term view than others.

The Wheel link said:
  I was right too.

Matabele link said:
[quote author=The Wheel link=topic=181160.msg233499#msg233499 date=1248477073]
  I was right too.
[/quote]

Were you correct or were there other circumstances that led to our slow start ?

Mata does have a point. It wasn't a great performance. It was a winning performance which is more than you can say for the Bulldogs. We actually came from behind was awesome.  Far enough we could have been topp of the comp for twenty weeks like the Bulldogs, but I'm pretty happy were we are at the moment thanks very much.

the game against souths last year wasn't great either. I would read these same posts week after week last year from these types. Instead of hoping manly turn it around and give insights as to how they can, some like to bag or make predicitions and argue them until they are blue in the face to appease themself.

i follow manly, want to see our players improve and win...want to Des be successful...take the good with the bad....

But you know what...everyone knows manly need to improve on the last 2 weeks...why even Des and the players...but still, they are winning which is still a good sign

In this case, this kind of post is self indulgent and more about mata than manly. i don't know this bloke, but he should set the same high standards for himself.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6