1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Slippery when wet

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by silvertail, Sep 13, 2013.

1. silvertail

silvertail Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +398 / 6
    Our form over the last month or so in dry conditions has been great.

A little nervous with wet conditions predicted. We score most tries out wide and flirt with the sideline. Need to take extra care not to be driven over the sideline. We need to make some adjustments and hoping that we have planned for the change in conditions.

2. Ralphie

Ralphie Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Bredbo
    Ratings:
    +2,093 / 231
    The wet conditions will make it a forward battle. They have a bigger, younger and more mobile pack than we have, but I think we can hold them in the middle.

3. ManlyArmy

ManlyArmy Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +939 / 23
    In conditions like these, kick to Shaun Butterfingers Kenny-Dowall.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Sheikheagle

Sheikheagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +854 / 53
    Thats a big yes from me. He has the worst hands in the NRL.

5. HappilyManly

HappilyManly MWTS Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Freshwater
    Ratings:
    +11,498 / 254
    Foz and DCE to take control and use kicks to save Manly's forwards from too much tackling. 70% possession, like against the Scum should be their target :idea:

The Allianz has better drainage than ANZ, so hopefully we will see another try scoring battle between the Wolf and Horhey :)

6. Shoe1

Shoe1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4,631 / 74
    In the wet it becomes more a kieran game than a daly game. We missed him against them last time

• Like Like x 1
  7. sheridanstand78

sheridanstand78 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,307 / 51
    As it is likely be pretty wet tonight, its all about field position, kick chase. repeat sets, inside passes. The most important thing is discipline. If we can win and get a week off, our destiny is very much in our own hands. Go Manly!!

8. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,792 / 122
    I hope the ground isn't too chopped up by the first game.

I really like our chances, I reckon our kicking game is superior and we will be more determined. Control the ruck and shut down Friend!

9. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    Pressure Pearce and Maloneys kicking game. We saw what happened to them when Qld put the blowtorch on them in Origin, they panicked and came up with nothing. We need to do the same. Pearce especially doesn't show much of a running game so he's not going to hurt you like a Cronk or Thurston if you rush him.

10. Sheikheagle

Sheikheagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +854 / 53
    Our kicking game is significantly better, they are the worst in the comp for repeat sets and we r one of the best