1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Slater's tackle on Hoppa

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by eagle-rock08, Jun 16, 2011.

1. eagle-rock08

eagle-rock08 Active Member

Ratings:
    +70 / 0
    I jut looked at the replay. Did anyone else notice the left leg (boot) of Slater lead in the tackle just as Hoppa was putting the ball down over the line in SOO?

I'll give Slater the benefit of the doubt and say it was an accident. But he often seems to lead with a boot or two when tackling.

2. Jatz Crackers

Jatz Crackers Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,242 / 7
    Yep, I saw it. Wasnt that bad & i regret to not being able to direct a massive spray at the little weasal.

3. ayjay007

ayjay007 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 0
    But he's still a f*****g grub!!

4. Brookvale

Brookvale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152 / 1
    Billy sluter is a dirty grotty pig

5. brookiegreg

brookiegreg Active Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0
    Yes was in the Brookie hotel watching the game last night and remarked at the time half jokingly that I was surprised Slater wasn't leading with his feet like he usually does when someone scores (referring back to Robbo in 2008 GF and many others)

Then this morning I saw the photos...........:huh:

Considering the awkward ball Hoppa was thrown which killed his forward momentum, Hoppa did an amazing job of accelerating for the line and beating Slater - Will is amazingly quick!

6. jjai

jjai Active Member

Ratings:
    +88 / 0
    I doubt any one else would have scored that try, if they didnt pick Hoppa it would have been 8-6 ( with over 20 to go),Hoppa picked up the teams confidence with that try, i dont think NSW would have won otherwise.
    At 8-6 QLD would have won the arm wrestle..

7. eagles2win

eagles2win Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +494 / 0
    Watched th replay today did anyone else notice that when Hoppa caught the ball (the set of 6 after the penalty on Ennis) he was tackled in the air, I'm sorry buts that a penalty every day of the week

8. Fro

Fro Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +245 / 0
    **** me we won the game.

stop whinging and enjoy it.

pms has nothing on you dickheads

9. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    I didn't think there was a problem with Slater's tackle and Hoppa wasn't tackled in the air. Get over yourselves. If you're whinging, then look at Hayne push Yoyee off the ball allowing Lewis to score off Pearce's kick. NSW won, onward to the decider.

10. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,338 / 60
    There were two possible penalties on the Hoppa catch. First tackled in the air (50/50 call whether he got one foot down), then the second effort to push him back into the in-goal after he was tackled in the field of play. But was happy at the time that the ref just let the play go because he might have called a line drop-out.
    NSW twice came close to throwing the game away, first with Ennis' late tackle on Slater, and then when Inglis knocked on after the tap in from Uate.

11. jjai

jjai Active Member

Ratings:
    +88 / 0
    I`m not complaining about the win Fro, i`m just stating that if it wasn`t for Hoppa NSW might not have be so solid in that mid part of the 2nd half(btwn 55-70min),they got confidence from that try,most players would have been bundled out into touch..
    In my eyes any way thats how i saw it.. not being one eyed.. Just took a Manly player to change NSW`s foRtunes
    & NOW HE IS INJURED FOR IT ....:argue:

12. Jerry1

Jerry1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,470 / 80
    Yeah but he has 20 k in the bag.

13. Fro

Fro Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +245 / 0
    Jjai, you were one of few in this thread that was actually saying something positive

14. ayjay007

ayjay007 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 0
    "spelling nazi" hahahaha......punctuation?pull your head in,it's a forum,we'll say what we like!!

15. The Eagle

The Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +480 / 0
    I only went for manly through association for NSW
    I went for the Kiwis this year and will probably until Sheens f***s off

16. chrisos

chrisos Active Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 19
    Yea i noticed that too and thought it should had definitely been a penalty,for the mid-air tackle,fair-dinkum the refs are blind sometimes,but how good was that take,especially under a heap of pressure ? Well done Will on a great origin debut,pity about the injury.

17. lsz

lsz Well-Known Member Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +3,648 / 66
    People will see what they want to see

18. Fro

Fro Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +245 / 0
    ajay, rest assured i will give your input the time it deserves.

19. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,463 / 74
    Yeah I noticed it but it was actually a 50/50 his leg touches the ground pretty much at the same time as the tackle. So technically it is ok.

As for the Slater tackle on Hoppa there was nothing wrong with it at all, not even slightly wrong with it

• Like Like x 1
  20. firechild

firechild Active Member

Ratings:
    +62 / 0
    Don't care about Sheens but I'll be going for NZ while the Australian team is dominated by the likes of Slater, Inglis, Smith, Lockyer, Thaiday, etc.