Slaters latest kick.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

How many weeks will Slater get?

• 0 weeks

Votes: 23 40.4%
  • 1 week

Votes: 8 14.0%
  • 2 weeks

Votes: 9 15.8%
  • 3 weeks plus

Votes: 17 29.8%

• Total voters
Peter C said:
This is all part of the game, accidents happen, we banned the shoulder charge after the Inglis/Young incident, are we now going to ban a high take for a bomb just in case there could be a connect with another player's head?.

No just kicking someone in the head to protect yourself

Is this seriously the first time people have noticed Slater do this?? He does it every time he is taking a bomb under pressure. He has done it for years with no complaints from the NRL. The only difference between this time and the countless other times he has used this tactic is that this time the Bulldog player was idiotic enough to run straight into his foot. How stupid is he??? Any other player for any other team in any other game would have timed their hit, waited for Slater to take the ball, land and then smashed him with everything they have.

If Slater has been doing this for years without this result, and he has, and the NRL has never told him not to, and they haven't, then he shouldn't be punished for the Bulldogs players stupidity. 0 weeks.

PS - I am not a Billy Slater fan. But he plays some good footy.

Looks like in future all attacking players will need to stay back 1 metre until Slater catches the ball, lands and starts to make his way up field.

What a toss pot Slater is. The rules are there to protect him. therefore he shouldn't stick his leg out to protect himself because he will be protected anyhow.

What is to gain by sticking his foot out like that? He ALWAYS does this too. It was bound to happen at some point. You are a peasant of the highest order Billy.

Apparently the Storm trained hard in the off-season:

Flying_Kick.jpg

I believe the legal team will use the "Lisa Simpson defence."

Lisa: Okay, then I'm going to start kicking air, like this... [kicks up her foot]
Lisa: And if any part of you should fill that air... [kicks up her other foot]
Lisa: It's *your* own fault.

Attachments

• tumblr_m4267z0LN31r2u0ffo1_500.gif
    5.4 KB · Views: 3
Guzzler said:
Looks like in future all attacking players will need to stay back 1 metre until Slater catches the ball, lands and starts to make his way up field.
Not at all , Whilst Slater is in the air the defending player runs behind him and as soon as slater lands on the ground and is a little off balance with his front leg sticking out the defender lines him up and smashes him . Watch him go ass over head .

I just can't be sure if it was deliberate or just self protection...but as was mentioned, he struck the head of an opposing player....one week.

Slater has been doing this for years. Me and some mates have talked about this tactic last year and how potentially damaging it could be. Slater has devised this tactic to combat oppositions pummeling him as he is so dangerous. This is not how he took bombs a few years back.

This is a dangerous ploy and if the NRL do not act on this they will regret it. There is only a split second between a defensive player contesting the ball and withdrawing to become a defender. They have every right to be there, plain and simple and have every right to contest or defend without getting a kicked in the face. This is not a stray boot or an accident. It is a devised ploy to intimidate, to gain an advantage. Plain and simple

As ive said previously this is no different to forwards hitting the line with an elbow cocked . Based on some of the comments above they should be able to do so and not have defenders get in the way. In fact a player that leads with the knee only to have defenders get in way, should also be allowed. Why shouldnt players hit the advantage line with a kicking action to deter the opposition.The defender would always be the problem because any action without them being there is OK

This game is about attack and defence, and defenders should also be protected, not just fullbacks and kickers

Its dodgy, they have walked the fine line and now they should get done. I say they as I have no doubt it is a devised team tactic.

He should be charged on what it is, a deliberate tactic which results in a player being kicked in the head. This is not about toughness, its a sheila move and we dont need bitch tactics in footy

The sneakiest dirty player in the game - its not blatant its sometimes subtle....always dropping knees, elbows, hips and feet into places they shouldnt go - but does it with a lot of cunning and has the media fooled into protecting him and giving him the benefit of the doubt.

Oh yes Billy - its the "25th time" you have "accidentally" injured someone in your career through no fault of your own...just so unlucky.....Please.

The thing too is,now the media love Billy and the storm,and they will do anything they can to stick up for them,and try and turn a black spot into a bright spot,and that will be like that for a long time to come

The match review panel ruled the contact from Billy Slater was accidental and therefore not charged #NRL #NRLmelcby

When Price kicked Eadie in the head (1978) he was SENT OFF ! - did he serve a suspension for the early part of 1979 ?.

No such penalty for Billy Grub, who'll get away with kicking that guy in the face. A typically grub act. The media all say "he's lovely" - "thats's not his go", but what were they really thinking ? Actually it is his go. He's been involved in more than his fare share of tackles where the opponent seems to 'get injured'.

Wonder if Wombat was watching that match last night. He would have been reminded of something he'd rather forget. I dare say, the lack of strong action against B Grub is an insult to the great Manly Fullback.

COMMANDER said:
No a fan of Mick Ennis at all but there was a point in the second half where the Dogs received a penalty and tried to take a quick tap and were stopped by the ref as Cam Smith was complaining to him.

Ennis rightly pointed out that the game shouldn't be stopped to accommodate an explanation of every penalty to Smith.

Ridiculous situation and Smith should be told to pull his head in.

He does this regularly to slow the play down, just another bellamy tactic

Ridiculous decision by the match review committee. He should have been suspended for a week for a careless boot to the head.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2