Slaters latest kick.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

How many weeks will Slater get?

• 0 weeks

Votes: 23 40.4%
  • 1 week

Votes: 8 14.0%
  • 2 weeks

Votes: 9 15.8%
  • 3 weeks plus

Votes: 17 29.8%

• Total voters

manlyfan76

There is no A.I. Just better computers
I can't set a poll from mobile but how many weeks will Slater get?
0 weeks
1 week
2 weeks
3 weeks plus

--------------------------------------------------------------

Poll added :)

Zip.

Dogs player should be charged for allowing his throat to come into contact with Slaters foot.

He will be alright or should be alright anyway. He wasn't looking at the players coming through.

Is it just me or is slater an expert at making grubby little plays look unintentional. Sliding knees and feet first tackles, accidental elbows, and now flying kicks. He knew what he was doing when he stuck his foot out in mid air.

Didn't the channel 9 gang fall over themselves defending poor billy though.

Smith and bellamy were very angry in the presser. saying he does it all the time (catch ball that way). Hasler said "it was a bit unusual".
Imo he kicked his foot out because he knew he was going to get slammed once he landed. Slater a few years ago started lifting the knee for this exact reason. I think Damgerous contact 1-2 weeks would be right, what if the dogs players lost an eye? as soon as Slater lands he has a look at the ref.

Pretty clear he extends his lower leg directly into the other player. But Channel 9 beatified Saint Billy several years ago and immediately started the PR campaign.

Matabele said:
Pretty clear he extends his lower leg directly into the other player. But Channel 9 beatified Saint Billy several years ago and immediately started the PR campaign.

they said its not like him! BS he's been kicking players for 5 years.
and how was the grub planning on landing with his foot way out there?

Deliberate, repeat offending grub, 4 to 6 weeks is fair.

Deliberate, repeat offending grub, 4 to 6 weeks is fair.

As much as i think he is a grub, I honestly dont think he actually meant that one. It looked more like a reflex, and he never had his eye on the other player.

In saying that however, its just so convenient that a serial offender comes up with this type of play.

Anyway, in this instance ONLY , im willing to let that one go. I honestly don't think he meant that one, but that's my opinion.

Seriously people, lets get over ourselves.
I know it's meant to be a prerequisite on here to hate everything purple, especially the #1 and 9 but..

As long as I can remember players ( footy, soccer gk's, AFL etc) are taught that when they jump to lift their knee/leg to
1. Protect themselves
2. Make it harder for the opposition to knock you off balance
3. Protect the ball etc, etc

If he gets done for this, then every fullback/winger will be in trouble and every team will hoist the bomb and run into the players knees/legs and hit the deck and wait for the video ref to get involved.
As if in the split second he's caught the ball he thinks "I might put my leg out and hit him in the gob"

It's similar to asking soccer players not to extend their arms when they're going up for a header.

Sometimes stuff just happens and players get hurt.

I challenge anyone to go through the tapes over the past couple of seasons and not find heaps of similar jumps from any fullback but didn't hit another player so no problem.

There's plenty of stuff every week in every game that can be seen differently by different people.

They've banned the shoulder charge and I don't know many fans that agree with that, so what next?

It's a professional sport FFS!

890188-slater.gif

Not intentional but reckless with his loading a he should miss 2 weeks. Had it been she Rex I would say no weeks

If it is a offense to run into a player wiith your knees raised up then it is also an offense to jump up and take the ball with you legs sticking out kung fu style into the direction of a defender . Careless and dangerous . Where is Jim Comans

Is this any different from a front rower charging into the line with a cocked elbow to protect himself, but causing damage to the tacklers

or maybe he is just showing off for having a cocked elbow

he should get none IMO (even tho he a grubby c*nt)
reasons being:
he wasn't looking at the player, ball only
he often does that with his feet when jumping for a ball (think he kicked his own player once?)
cam smith was right, contact on slater was made in the air, if klemmer had have timed it better he would not have been kicked in the air
should have been a penalty to slater

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4