1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Slater

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Rambo1987, Oct 4, 2009.

1. Rambo1987

Rambo1987 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +212 / 2
    How did Slater get the Clive Churchill medal - what a joke

2. Kiwi Eagle

Kiwi Eagle Moderator Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    Was a joke

I said to Lauren at the ground that Slater or Inglis would get it.

The most deserving was Archer, when the big play was needed, he delivered yet again for Melbourne

Blair was their best by a mile, and I would have rated Hoffman, Cronk and Inglis ahead of him from the Storm, along with Grothe, Moi Moi and Hindmarsh for the Eels

3. Rambo1987

Rambo1987 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +212 / 2
    Blair or Cronk for sure.

4. Fro

Fro Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +245 / 0
    I think even Slater was embarrased to get it.

5. niccipops

niccipops un echidna spillo mia bevanda Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +5,521 / 50
    Slater got it to represent the gay community.

6. Corso_Pete

Corso_Pete Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +35 / 0
    Disgraceful choice for MOM

7. Jethro

Jethro This space is for rent Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,897 / 7
    Hopefully next year he can suffer the form slump that last years winner had this year (nothing to do with Brent's father dying but just the form slump).

8. Ian Martin tragic

Ian Martin tragic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +137 / 0
    It had to be cameron blair for mom.

slater came up with two mistakes when the pressure was really on; unfortunately the second one was hidden by that idiot ref's penalty. That capped off an entire game of allowing the storm to slow play the balls down.

I don't recall a single penalty for that against the storm. Ok they are very skilled at it with the multiple tacklers peeling off in carefully timed fashion, but fxxk there are 2 refs out there. Neither wants to give a penalty unless they think they have to make a call.

It's like umpires who adopt a 'not out' approch to lbw appeals. They think that a bad no decision will blow over quicker and will be forgotten sooner than a bad 'yes' decision that changes the game conditions more dramatically. At the start of the year the 2 refs were all over the play the ball like a rash.

Pisses me off that the storm still get away with a defensive strategy that is all about time wasting. Other teams try to dominate and intimidate. the storm just work on capturing a player than walking them to the ground as clumsily as possible. it's like watching your side get caught in a pool of tar.

9. Volley

Volley Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +581 / 21
    Can't believe you cats are cut Melbourne won. Makes Manly's win last year look even better.

Slater was aight. Clearly the better side.

10. ads

ads Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 1
    Crazy call. He wasn't their best player at all. Plently of others deserving it over him, Smith at least, perhaps even some of their forwards.

11. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    Good to see the Slime almost get there, and go down.  Also good to see Saint Jarrod cry like a baby...Pity it was against Melbourne.  I thought Archer did his best for Parramatta.  That penalty at the end was unfortunately deserved.  Moi Moi had hold of Slater's leg and the penalty was fair.  Was there really a second ref out there?  Didn't notice one.  Our U20s really should have been there.  Can't really understand how they meekly limped out in the finals.   

12. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    No way Slater was best on ground. Hayne, however, was definitely worst on ground. His kicking game was reminiscent of Orford's. What a myth......the world's best player my ar$e. World's biggest choker more like it. Wonder if he'll credit the Hillsong happy happy clap clap stuff  for his woeful performance yesterday. Perhaps Jesus was just testing him ? 

13. Moops

Moops Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +394 / 26
    They probably gave it to Slater on the back of his performances against Manly and Brisbane in weeks 1 /3 of the finals. ???

14. DSM5

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    From reading the Telegraph all week I thought god was on Parra's side.  Don't half of their team pray before a game for a win?  Aren't most of them 'born again'?  This game proveed that either god doesn't exist (my preferred option), or that he hates Westies.  I've long thought that that's the problem with Kite.  having found god, the guys gone soft.  

15. Kiwi Eagle

Kiwi Eagle Moderator Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    Had a quick look at the stats last night

Tackles made 2
    Tackles missed 3
    Tries 1
    Try Assists 0
    Line Breaks 0
    Offloads 0
    Errors 2
    Metres 164 from 14 runs

Best player on the night apparently

16. Berkeley_Eagle

Berkeley_Eagle Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14
    What a ****en joke giving it to that little prick

17. CliffyIsGod

CliffyIsGod Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0
    I hardly think this sorta talk is necessary.

18. Pearso

Pearso Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    What a joke. I thought Blair and Cronk were their best. Grothe and Moi Moi had better games than Slater.

19. DSM5

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    Sorry CliffyIG, I hadn't considered you've got a mortgage on the moniker and they were appealing to you