1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Slater tackle on DCE - 73 minute

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Brissie Kid, Aug 27, 2011.

1. Brissie Kid

Brissie Kid Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +829 / 10
    Anyone got the game on tape?

Somewhere between 70 and 75 minutes there is a tackle from Slater on DCE way inside the Storm half. Looked possibly like a forearm to DCE's head. DCE did not look happy.

2. eagle-rock08

eagle-rock08 Active Member

Ratings:
    +70 / 0
    I didn't see it. But Slater never got anywhere last night after he took that hit in the first half. (That was good to see.)

3. Ralphie

Ralphie Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Bredbo
    Ratings:
    +2,093 / 231
    Yeah, it was a bit dodgy, but the worst culprit all night was that grub anthony quinn.

4. PONTIAN SEA EAGLE

PONTIAN SEA EAGLE Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +948 / 80
    Yes definately an elbow i remember it clearly.If i was dce i would have stayed down slater what have been on report for sure.

5. eagle-rock08

eagle-rock08 Active Member

Ratings:
    +70 / 0
    No they wouldn't Slater can get away with anything. He is a a\protected species.

6. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,338 / 60
    Forearm to the head with full body force with the DCE's head on the ground. Significantly worse than a head-high tackle. Les Boyd got ... what ... 15 months for something similar (without using the ground to increase the damage)?

Ugly cheap shot.

7. Kiwi Eagle

Kiwi Eagle Moderator Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    Just flicked through and found it. Filth

Makes me feel better after seeing that, coz he seemed half decent during the Wolfman incident

On a side note, surely the best fullback of all time should have attempted a catch on the ball for that Foran try

8. MK Eagle

MK Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +247 / 0
    Just signed in & was about to start this very thread. What a filthy cheap shot. This is why they have the NRL review panel & if serious, he will be gone for 2011.

9. Brissie Kid

Ratings:
    +829 / 10
    Will the review panel even know of this incident? He'll get away with this for sure as DCE didn't lay down.

10. KOMORI

KOMORI Born and bred an Eagle

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +3,269 / 53
    Journo's do read through these boards.... Hopefully one notices this thread?

11. Brookvale

Brookvale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152 / 1
    yeah i saw it. mean shot by Slutter

DCE should have done a Isaac Luke and faked it

But we don't play that way

12. Moondog

Moondog Grey-beard loon Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Hervey Bay
    Ratings:
    +3,554 / 32
    Refusing to stay down says something about DCE as a player and the cheap shot says something about Slater.

13. lloydy

lloydy Active Member

Ratings:
    +86 / 0
    I just watched it and if Slater gets away with that I will be filthy.

14. Brissie Kid

Ratings:
    +829 / 10
    So long as the matter gets looked at. I'm just fearful that as it wasn't on report it will escape scrutiny.

15. Brissie Kid

Ratings:
    +829 / 10
    As expected this incident has been ignored by media.

16. endzone

endzone Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Just saw he didn't miss him happened at 72.02 sterling made a comment that the manly fans didn't like the slater tackle on cherry evans.

• Like Like x 1
  17. chrisos

chrisos Active Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 19
    Slater makes me wonder.He cradled wolfman when he broke his neck which was a good thing but then he goes on to forearm DCE in a tackle,he is a funny one,he does one good thing and then returns to being the grub he is,hmmmmm.

18. manlyfan76

manlyfan76 Parra Trolls are the best. Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Anywhere but Parramatta
    Ratings:
    +5,359 / 111
    It is definately worthy of two weeks on the sideline. 70th minute just after a scrum.

19. master blaster

master blaster Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +674 / 4
    then someone should ring up the big sports breakfast and bring it to their attention tomorrow morning,I would if I could,but cant

20. mozgrame

mozgrame Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4,607 / 46
    I had a blue with a dickhead at work about this this morning. He's a tigers supporter and tried telling me there was nothing in it, and facials are a part of the game. Facial my arse. He deadset dropped the forearm into DCE's head with as much weight as he could manage. Slater is a talented player, but his talent is far out weighed buy his grubbiness. I bounced the remote off the tv when none of the refs pulled him up on that. FILTHY!!