Sky Racing Active

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
It was just a matter of time but life is getting too good - you can now bet with the Vic and NSW TABS directly from your Foxtel remote. I would normally check my different accounts to see who is offering the best odds but this is terrific with the Melbourne carnival just starting to warm up.

"SKY RACING ACTIVE is here!

NSW and VIC TAB Account holders can now use their FOXTEL remote to place bets and view live racing information on all Gallops, Harness and Greyhound TAB meetings.

Account holders can also manage their TAB Account, deposit funds and check transaction history simply by pressing the RED button on their FOXTEL remote.

Place bets with the TAB, check your TAB Account balance and summary and deposit funds into your TAB account all using your FOXTEL remote!

Simply press the RED button on your FOXTEL remote when watching SKY RACING to launch SKY RACING ACTIVE.

Activating SKY RACING ACTIVE service
When you launch SKY RACING ACTIVE  for the first time, you will need to press the YELLOW button to login. Enter your TAB account number and your 4 digit PIN (the same PIN you would use for phone betting) and once you accept the terms and conditions of the service, you will not need to do this again."

VIC has been active for a little while now. I might have to open a TAB account instead of my sportingbet one.

Austar?- I can't see why not. If you have current active programs such as News, some Sports and the Weather channels then it should work. There is a red button in the top left corner on the screen which tells you it is an active channel. I have an ICQ box but I doubt that this is a requirement.

I did discover one negative looking at it on the weekend. If you have cable internet you can place bets for free online. If you use this active service it costs you a phone call each time you send bet(s).

Austar is a bit different to Foxtel, the software was released about 1 year too early, as such they can not properly identify a single box remotely, though they can push software updates if your system requests one.

I would ring and check with them

Man, I get bad around this time of year. I love the spring carnival.

Picked up the quaddie in sydney last weekend. $233 had it 2 times. Nice little pick up for only a $32 outlay.

Anyone reckon they can pick the winner on the caulfield cup this weekend??

I'm sticking with the Hussler myself. He's unproven, he's coming off a tough run but he is a champion and I think they will prove that. He will slip in the middle somewhere and rawiller should put him to sleep til the turn then pull him out and show us that turn off foot he has.

Earlier in the week I was leaning towards Maldivian. He isn't in the best form either but with the gear changes he's received I expect him to be on the improve and finishing the race off alot stronger. But, I just can't see him winning from Gate 18. Not as a front runner anyways. Redemption for Big Mal???

I also expect boundless to be in the mix. Has won this distance before in group 1 company but over in NZ. Loves it longer and gets it here.

1. Weekend Hussler
2. Boundless
3. Maldivian

Nutzcraw link said:
Anyone reckon they can pick the winner on the caulfield cup this weekend??

I'm sticking with the Hussler myself. He's unproven, he's coming off a tough run but he is a champion and I think they will prove that. He will slip in the middle somewhere and rawiller should put him to sleep til the turn then pull him out and show us that turn off foot he has.

Earlier in the week I was leaning towards Maldivian. He isn't in the best form either but with the gear changes he's received I expect him to be on the improve and finishing the race off alot stronger. But, I just can't see him winning from Gate 18. Not as a front runner anyways. Redemption for Big Mal???

I also expect boundless to be in the mix. Has won this distance before in group 1 company but over in NZ. Loves it longer and gets it here.

1. Weekend Hussler
2. Boundless
3. Maldivian

Sorry Nutz but I cant see any of those threatening.

Weekend Hussler is a champion, but over a mile or less. I may be wrong but I think from 11 he will struggle to get in and might just get caught 3 wide again. Either that or he leads and I just dont think he will get an easy passage in front and will give up like last week.

Master O'Reilly is one of the main hopes. Ran a good race last start and wants the 2400.

I tipped Littorio for the Cup about a month ago, however I have a bad feeling he may have peaked last week. I wont be backing him but wont be surprised at all if he gets up.

Zagreb a big danger with the light weight. If there is any pace on he will be flying late.

Top 3  - Master O'Reilly - Zagreb - Littorio (if the pace is on)
Top 3 - Douro Valley, Guillotine, Dolphin Jo (Leader Bias)

Caiulfield is a **** of a track sometimes, and can favour leaders terribly. If there is no pace on in the race and the earlier races are suggesting a leader bias, you can almost put a line through the back markers and a roughie could well get up.

Will have to wait and see what the track is doing.

I agree with Clon's comments. I don't think there is an outstanding horse in the style of Might & Power and it will depend a lot on luck.

I would love to see the Hustler prove me wrong but unless they dawdle the whole race and hand it on a plate I am deadset certain he won't run in the first 8. Reminds me of Manikato. The Cup is a really tough type of race and a seasoned 2400+ campaigner is the style I would look for.

I would go for something like Master O'Reilly but I have some small doubts that two runs back aren't enough. Maybe Ice Chariot @ 50-1 :)

Well Well Well.

Perhaps australian horses aren't  what we might think they are???

I think I wanted to believe Hussler could do it but he can't. Drop him back to 1600m.

Very impressive runs from the internationals (all the good, nom de jeu, mad rush and red ruler) I think they are a touch too good for our horses. Nom de jeu was coming quickly at the end their and surely must be a near special for the cup.

Mad rush was also very impressive. My exotics will revolve around these two.

Mad Rush's run was awesome. Was last turning for home and was only getting quicker at the end. All the Good's run was great too and he looks like he'll get the 2 miles without much worry. I havent had time to review the race yet but I am all but certain the Melb cup winner will come from Caulfield Cup top 5 or 6.

I wonder if it is time to start speculating on stocks yet or if the market has a little bit more to come off?

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6