• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Hiya,

Just confirming that the site was down for most of (my) yesterday saying it was being upgraded.

Was it?

Asking as logging back in this morning....there's a 1000 new posts and no one complaining how they went into withdrawl as silvertails wasn't up!

aveaniceday

Hiya,

Just confirming that the site was down for most of (my) yesterday saying it was being upgraded.

Was it?

Asking as logging back in this morning....there's a 1000 new posts and no one complaining how they went into withdrawl as silvertails wasn't up!

aveaniceday

Yes.
And plenty of withdrawal symptoms.

yes I had to run a critical security update, but then got very distracted with work piling in urgently as well, forgot to complete the upgrade and fell asleep at my home-office desk

yes I had to run a critical security update, but then got very distracted with work piling in urgently as well, forgot to complete the upgrade and fell asleep at my home-office desk

Wake up Geoff Dan! lol

Fair 'nuff.

I was actually a bit surprised no one commented on twitter or facebook about it (or the forum when it came back online.) Maybe it didn't feel as long for them (the outage, perverts) as it did for me.

All's well! :)

No emails either besides @Chip and Chase but I got that first thing so sorted it out. Feel like a bit of an idiot for it though, totally my fault

A bit of forced downtime was not such a bad thing given the general quality of content at present. Productivity levels must have sky rocketed (besides Dan). Just the same I did check to see if the site was up at least 15 times through the day. Definitely an addiction................

After seeing no one complaint on social I just assumed it was only me that was down

No emails either besides @Chip and Chase but I got that first thing so sorted it out. Feel like a bit of an idiot for it though, totally my fault

I wondered if I should've emailed you. But I always think emailing you breaks some kind of...4th wall, you being scary 'n all!

A bit of forced downtime was not such a bad thing given the general quality of content at present. Productivity levels must have sky rocketed (besides Dan). Just the same I did check to see if the site was up at least 15 times through the day. Definitely an addiction................

lol, me too! I mean it was hard not to be able to read the latest...'sack barrett' thread!

After seeing no one complaint on social I just assumed it was only me that was down

There's a website I use to check if sites are up or down.

It's: www.isup.me

Seems to know what's what!

:)

I wondered if I should've emailed you. But I always think emailing you breaks some kind of...4th wall, you being scary 'n all!

lol, me too! I mean it was hard not to be able to read the latest...'sack barrett' thread!

If only I could like this I would

Emailing me is fine, I only get scary when I get 10 email the second the site goes down :) If its been down for 15 minutes then I know how to act.

The server is fairly well self repairing software-wise so downtime usually comes from hardware faults or me being an idiot

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6