Site performance (speed)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
http://forums.silvertails.net/Thread-Another-Slater-howler?page=4

http://forums.silvertails.net/Thread- Another-Slater-howler?page=4
Take out the space,its there

very very interesting. I will install chrome and see what I get. Those URL's work fine with firefox

Funnily enough Dan I read this thread just now and then went to the 4th page of the Biily Slater howler thread and saw the same error! I made a post in the thread and it appended to the end pf the 3rd page. This means that the 4th page hadn't even started yet but a link to it existed. Clicking on that link generated the error page.

I was able to navigate the first three pages normally. FYI I am using Firefox.

I used to be a chrome user as well, however, I was forever having issues with many pages not loading properly and gave up in frustration. I'll try it again one day as it was certainly fast.

The Eagle said:
http://forums.silvertails.net/Thread-Another-Slater-howler?page=4

http://forums.silvertails.net/Thread- Another-Slater-howler?page=4
Take out the space,its there

I can't get this page to load either and I'm using IE7.

Under your user settings and option what have you got it set to as posts per page?

Daniel said:
Under your user settings and option what have you got it set to as posts per page?

Dan I went on holidays for much of April and when I returned it seemed as if my user account had been reset. If you recall I even needed you to reset my password as I wasn't able to log on. I lost my avatar and signature and haven't bothered setting them up again.

I used to have the posts per page set to 20 or 30 but since everything was reset the threads and posts per page are at the default settings. I have now changed the posts per page to 20.

Jerry1 said:
Have noticed that posting in a thread recently that when I hit post the page stalls & doesn't reload sometimes. You have to manual reload the page. Te text has been uploaded though. This could just be because I'm using firefox.

when mine stalls it says waiting for partners sportingbet.com.au

I also get something like this whenever I post in a thread. The page loading box appears in the middle of the screen after I hit post and the page doesn't refresh (I normally give up waiting after 20 seconds or so). I just manually refresh the page to get it back to the normal view.

all very odd. I think the "thread can not be found" is due to the new URL scheme, but not sure exactly what the cause is. I will keep an eye on it.

The other javascript one, not sure of really. Do you know what version of JRE is on your computer?

I think it's Version 1.5.0 (build 1.5.0_11-b03) - found this info under the Java Control Panel. This is a work computer and not everything is set up how I like it (due to admin control) so that might be why some things are not right for me.

Funny, the page now loads fine after I just posted that comment. So maybe ignore my posts about this.

Rodo said:
I think it's Version 1.5.0 (build 1.5.0_11-b03) - found this info under the Java Control Panel. This is a work computer and not everything is set up how I like it (due to admin control) so that might be why some things are not right for me.

Funny, the page now loads fine after I just posted that comment. So maybe ignore my posts about this.

That version is a bit out of date. The latest version is V1.6.0_25

that is the problem there.

current version is 1.6 I am guessing that the earlier JRE's don't work with jQuery very well. Would be interesting to see if other people with the issue are on the 1.5 branch too

Daniel said:
that is the problem there.

current version is 1.6 I am guessing that the earlier JRE's don't work with jQuery very well. Would be interesting to see if other people with the issue are on the 1.5 branch too

I'm running 1.6.0_22

GG do you get the loading image continuously spinning issue?

I think JRE is the cause of that.
The other issue is due to the URL change I made.

To fix that, try setting the threads per page to something other than the default in your userCP

Daniel said:
GG do you get the loading image continuously spinning issue?

I think JRE is the cause of that.
The other issue is due to the URL change I made.

To fix that, try setting the threads per page to something other than the default in your userCP

No I don't Dan. I changed the posts per page (not threads) to 20 earlier today and I am not having any issues.

I was just gonna come in here and mention the

The Hill - Silvertails Manly Sea Eagles Supporter forums
The specified thread does not exist.

message that pops up from time to time

I have found what the problem is, is that it says in a certain topic that there are 5 pages of replies, but there are only enough replies in it until the end of page 4. For example for me in the Slater thread at the moment it is telling me there are 5 pages of replies with the last post by Sooty Fan, but Sooty Fans post is the final post on page 4 and the message above is what I get for page 5

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7