Simply the best

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Who

Journey Man
I doubt I've seen a better game in terms of ball movement, toughness and big collisions than this one for several seasons.
I was really impressed by all our players. But this shows what a powerhouse NZ is going to be this season and in future years.
Gus is right; day time football is better quality than night time matches, which we only have for TV. What a pity.

Gutsy effort & the fluent ball movement with runners was great to see. Tooves has taken the leash of & let these guys play expansive attacking footy & the Warriors were caught unawares.
If the Seaeagles play like that every week there will be massive points scored as the Warriors defence was aggressive, determined & would have kept most teams to 1 maybe 2 tries.
As the Warriors were storming home I had flashbacks of times in the past we have let big leads slip.
This team has already shown its grit & ability to win a tight game in a hostile environment.
I must confess I have always as a Manly supporter pretty much hated every opposition team - I have to admit I like the Warriors with their unpredictable style of play, they are great to watch + there supporters seem a cut above most.
:D[/b]

Agreed MK. The Warriors supporters appear to just love their footy and don't appear to have a lot of the BS that comes with supporters of a lot of other teams.
It would be interesting to hear what some of MWTS think of this. It can be different if you are actually at the ground.
I also enjoy watching the Warriors play..... when they are not playing us.

Went 2010 and most warrior fans just want to talk footy and are nice people. Wanted to party with us after we done them a few years ago.
Don't have the bull**** hang ups that other teams have

Agreed, have always thought warriors fans cheer every good play no matter the team, their commentators are terrible but their fans set an example for all others.

That game was just great, their were mistakes but it was just a tough game with some superb defence from both teams.

Hard to fault anyone and we won't switch on survivor this week :)

It was a good game but let's not get carried away. Plenty of errors and timing not quite there, but still better than anything else this round so far.

I suspect that a high percentage of the Warriors fans are ex Manly fans, or have Manly as their second team.

Chip and Chase said:
It was a good game but let's not get carried away. Plenty of errors and timing not quite there, but still better than anything else this round so far.

I suspect that a high percentage of the Warriors fans are ex Manly fans, or have Manly as their second team.

We need to fine tune our kicking game to add relief to the excellent sideline to sideline passing game. Few kicks other than the superb Wolfman attempt seemed to pay off.

I don't know if you can bet on this or not, but I'd wager a healthy amount on the Warriors not losing at home this year again.

I'm a little biased (fair enough) but I don't see another team that could have dusted them today, given the home ground advantage and the fact that GF revenge would have given them huge motivation.

Very proud of the boys :)

Walking out of Eden Park today, most of the warriors fans were congratulating us on the win. I didn't hear one word of abuse. One guy even said "you know how manly are hated by all other teams fans in Australia?" we said "yeah" and he adds " well it's the opposite here. Manly are the only Australian team that warriors fans don't hate"
Even though they have good sports as fans it was a great feeling walking out of there after a win :)

bones said:
Walking out of Eden Park today, most of the warriors fans were congratulating us on the win. I didn't hear one word of abuse. One guy even said "you know how manly are hated by all other teams fans in Australia?" we said "yeah" and he adds " well it's the opposite here. Manly are the only Australian team that warriors fans don't hate"
Even though they have good sports as fans it was a great feeling walking out of there after a win :)
Their fans were like that grand final day so friendly.

It's only because they're not good enough to be arrogant and cocky yet. They haven't won anything. They'll change with success.

Because so many Australians hate Manly it's probably natural that kiwi's dont hate us. Good on the Warriors they are a great side to watch and one of 5 teams I dont hate, the Panthers, Titans, Cowboys and Raiders as well.

If this game was a blueprint for the way Manly is going to play for the rest of this season it's not going to be boring. Looks like Toovey has given the boys a licence to play attacking football.

In my opinion, if it had not been for Manu Vatuvei, the Warriors would have won. Sure they guy has scored almost 100 tries for the club, but i'd like to see his stats on dropped ball and tries bombed.

bones said:

Nice one. Great to hear. Good on 'em.
Some other supporters could take a leaf out of their book. Including some of our own.

Manu was not good for them, but Locke was even better for us. It's all about pressure. It's in the head, and we were better in dealing with the pressure.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8