Silvertails year in review

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
A gallery of shirt-off training photos (of some players) would please some posters.
In general the site is awesome. A great place to vent and share a joke with fellow Manly supporters.

Would be great if you could set up a live weekly question and answer time with DSM, Kiwi, and the Ox....lol

manlyborn link said:
Would be great if you could set up a live weekly question and answer time with DSM, Kiwi, and the Ox....lol

lol if only I had the pull to get a player in here.

Can probably set you up with a monthly question answers with the Wallaroo C grade players, hervey Bay Seagulls A-Grade and Childers A-Grade maybe

What happened to the Radio show that Pepsi used to do with Willo on the Manly community FM station. I know Willo went to the UK but Pepsi was the star attraction? Haven't seen Pepsi for ages either. Record fastest first 1000 posts and then missing in action!!!

He is a busy man working away and taking model photos now. Living the dream gaz is

Are there any decent halves up there Dan?  They're A graders so there's probably some that might just do.

I love the site together with the freedom that is allowed on Silvertails. I don't see that there is competition between here and MWSE. Both sites have differing agenda's and that difference is one which should be embraced rather derided.

From my own point of view I like the layout of the site and maybe because I am just an old fart I don't see the need for change, if it ain't broke don't try & fix it philosophy.

I went on most of the "Travelling Supportah's" trips this year and without trying to blow Mark from Brisbanes' own trumpet these trips are just sensational fun, and not just for the football. I guess the disappointing thing is that the only regular Silvertail posters that I met (excluding those of us that post on both sites) were Clontaggo and The Gronk. If there were others I apologise but I just didn't know of your Silvertails pseudonym. It would be great to see some promotion of these trips, I know Mark gets an earn out of it but I understand that what he gets is quite minuscule and it is essentially done for the benefit of Manly Supportahs. I really hope that the users of this forum make an effort to be involved in at least one trip next year, you will not regret it.

It would also be good to see some promotion of membership of MWSE, I am not sure of the cost but without the a Manly Football Club there would not be a Silvertails site. I know that the cost may not be affordable to many, but consideration towards promoting it would not in my opinion cause any detriment to this site and its patronage.

Good ideas Pete - this is a Manly fans site and therefore your suggestions have great merit.

Dan has had links to enable members to join MWSE in the past and could surely do this again. Same for the supporter trips.

What is important is that the site maintains its independence and doesn't become sugar saccarine to keep the 'True Supporters' happy. Must always be room for controversy, strong debate and alternate views!!!

Thanks Pete for the "trumpet blowing".

There's certainly more "freedom of speech" on this site and so IMO both forums have a place in the total scheme of things.

Dan and I have been "talking" about some promotion of what I am doing on this website next year.

Pete is right, there's no "fortune" in it for me, I earn a few dollars but in the overall scheme of what I do, the level of return V effort put in doesn't equate...BUT....I get a huge amount of pleasure from seeing a bunch of "like minded" people travel away togther.

The numbers on my trips are growing (and rapidly) as the news spreads, as Pete said they are a ton of fun, we drink, sing, eat, sing , take the piss out of each other and take the piss in a HUGE way out of the opposition fans and dead set when someone comes, they KEEP COMING!!

We have had a 'season end get together lunch' and next year I'll be offering Travelling Supportahs (our name and a play on words) Merchandise. I eventually hope it will be a bit like the "Fanatics".

But back to the website if I can, no huge changes Dan, you do a fantastic job on this (I say above for little or no return and I imagine for you it's NO return what so ever) and really for what it offers it doesn't need  amjor facelift.

Well done mate you should be proud of it!!

i am in discussions with both Vidmar and Aaron about promoting membership and mark about promoting the trips, as my normal work quietens down over the next 2 months I will be able to think about things a bit more and exactly how I am going to promote them. i dont want to spend time on just standard links, I dont want to compromise design and get in peoples way too much. So am thinking som kind of corner peel back ads and web 2.0 badges will do the trick.

I certainly will be including those 2 things though.

Cheers

Pete...us "old farts" don't need to know these things.  The graphics guys we emply at work that does our brochures / flyers and maintains the website talks in "gibberish"...I just nod and say " show me how it looks".But yes I'd like to know as well.

Volley web 2.0 is more a marketing thing than "nerd" stuff.

It's essentially glossy graphic badges like you might see on a catalogue

Dan...we have this programme (god knows what it's called) that allows us to put up a 8 or 12 page brochure and allows people viewing it to, click, hold and drag the page over (much like turning a normal page).

It's "very" cool (well for a non nerd like me it is).

Check this out.

http://www.ambassadortravel.com.au/tours/racing/flash_dubai/index.html

This is one of our thoroughbred horse racing tours, my buisness partner handles that division, but we will be adding this feature to all our tours.

yeah they are cool scripts, I can't find a gel for them in this site, but I can think of a few other ways to advertise things.

Is that the same Gel you use in your hair??

My hair is that thin on top that Gel would just make me look ridiculous!!

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6