Silvertails SuperCoach and NRL Fantasy Leagues

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyArmy

Bencher
Havent seen anyone post leagues up so I thought I would do some

Supercoach

Head to Head League, 20 players, Code: 679995

Unlimited League, Code: 667512. Or if you have signed up already, go to this link and accept: http://nrlfantasy.dailytelegraph.com.au/group?cic=667512

NRL Fantasy (Formerly DreamTeam)

Head to Head League, 16 players, Code: X4YA46VF

Unlimited League, Code: FOvtN38k

Whats the difference between fantasy league and supercoach.
Which one's better?

Both run on pretty much the same platform. There are minor differences in how points are allocated which then affects which particular players are more valuable than others. Supercoach is run through daily telegraph / News Ltd and the NRL Fantasy is the NRL sanctioned competition.

Related article:

NRL SuperCoach positional analysis: Best front row keepers, sleepers and cheapies

Tom Sangster
News Limited Network
February 06, 2014 3:39PM

FRONT row is THE most important position in NRL SuperCoach, producing six of the top 10 players from last year. Check out our lowdown on the best buys:

Click here to read the full article.

Clint said:
Which one's better?

The biggest difference I feel is supercoach changes players value as they score well/poorly which gives strategy to your team. You need to build a team strong enough to win early games but going up in value in other words you needs to have a few good rookies. The other one stays the same price throughout the year and you just swap players around for injury.

Scoring is different too

globaleagle said:
Clint said:
Which one's better?

Spending time with the family!

:angel:

Nah, it's ok GE. I, like everyone else, will just do all my trading etc at work so it doesn't encroach into family time.
I just hope the boss doesn't find out. :s

So my squad is
B Stewart
B Thompson
J Taufau
J Lyon
J Hoffman
T Carney
DCE
SBW
C Parker
C Sironen
J Starling
C Smith
J King
G Beale
J Yow Yeh
N Stapleton
D Farrell
M Moses
P Wallace
J Hasson
D Halatau
L Setu
N Peats
T Browne
A McCullough

Having never played before I am not sure if that's any good or not.
There are a lot of Manly players which is a bit of a concern, having so many players from the one team.
I am happy for any feedback/suggestions/criticisms

try and split your players between clubs for the bye season, have top line players who are not Aussies (like SBW) for the origin season and get a few newbies who are likely to debut is the basic rule of thumb

Fluffy said:
try and split your players between clubs for the bye season, have top line players who are not Aussies (like SBW) for the origin season and get a few newbies who are likely to debut is the basic rule of thumb

Thanks for the advice Fluffy.
I'll be subbing out Halatau after the weekends trials :s

Fluffy said:
Clint said:
Which one's better?

The biggest difference I feel is supercoach changes players value as they score well/poorly which gives strategy to your team. You need to build a team strong enough to win early games but going up in value in other words you needs to have a few good rookies. The other one stays the same price throughout the year and you just swap players around for injury.

Scoring is different too

Both Supercoach and DreamTeam/Fanatsy NRL work on the exact same platform. They both vary player values on a weekly basis. The only difference between the two is in how they allocate points.

Scout Report: The 2014 cash cows

By Lone Scout
NRL.com
2:00pm Mon 10th February, 2014

Playing Holden NRL Fantasy isn't just about putting together a team of rugby league's best players. While this year's generous $6.2 million salary cap means you'll be able to fit a fair few stars into your starting squad, finding the right cash cows remains one of the most important keys to Fantasy success.

Click here to read more at NRL.com

Chip and Chase said:
Fluffy said:
Clint said:
Which one's better?

Scoring is different too

Both Supercoach and DreamTeam/Fanatsy NRL work on the exact same platform. They both vary player values on a weekly basis. The only difference between the two is in how they allocate points.

ok, must have changed, I know it didn't change values a few years ago and assumed it was still this way I could only find the time for one and preferred the strategy side of the game which comes with value changes.

Related article:

NRL Fantasy player updates

By Lone Scout
NRL.com
9:10am Tue 18th February, 2014

In 2014, for the first time, player positions are not set in stone in Holden NRL Fantasy. Players often adapt to a new position in rugby league – Paul Gallen went from inspirational back-rower to match-winning prop for NSW; Greg Inglis shifted from a star centre to a star fullback for the Rabbitohs – and this season NRL Fantasy reflects that. If a player is shifted into a new position for good in the real game, they will become available in that position in Fantasy.

Click here to read the full article at nrl.com

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6