Silvertails Poll DES SACKING RIGHT or WRONG

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

DES SACKING RIGHT or WRONG

• YES he should have been sacked

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No he should have been allowed to leave end of 2012

• Insufficient information to say yes or no

• Total voters
The dogs always said that Dymock will be Haslers assistant. Why sign Egan then? Because Hasler wanted him, that's why.

It this stage it does not matter fi he did or did not poach them in regards to if ti was the way to go. That will only make a differance in any payout legal stuff.

But the fact is once 1 of his current staff went over it looked bad. But 2 shows he wanted the same team and they would only of chased them if Des had said he wanted them.

It was not good for the club and now we can move on.
I think the players will play out fo their skins next season to show it was them and not Des who won the GFs.
Love live Tooves!

If the allegations of him trying to poach players are correct yes is my call, no doubt. However I dont know all the facts, like many of you on here.

A NO from me.

There is much more to this than what we are being told. Why did the board only give Des 24hrs to respond.

Everyone is quick to jump to conclusions that someone has spoken up against Des. False accusations are made every day for personal gain and who are we all to judge so quickly when none of us have the FACTS.

Just look at what happen to Brett, false accusations and who is not to say that false accusations have been levelled at Des. Why were we so quick to jump to Brett's defence and not that of Des. Reason being is that we are purely acting on emotion for the fact that he has gone to the scumdogs and we are failing to see or want to understand why Des has had to leave.

Maybe all of this is a smoke screen planned by certain elements wanting to distract everyone from the true issue's that are currently present.

One thing is for certain if it ever is leaked or made public knowledge I will never forgive those involved that caused this black day and I truly hope that if they still have an inch of dignity and respect for the supporters and have the best interest of the club at heart then they tender the resignation immediately and walk away before the club is ripped further apart.

Yes

Des could have avoided all of this by leaving and THEN recruiting from the Manly pool. His Contract would have been expired by then and Manly could not pursue him.

I think that David Warwick and more conspicuously, Jess the Graphics Lady or whoever she is, is the dead give away that Des was recruiting. No one has heard of her here, so how would the Bulldogs know who she was? Wonder why they would need her skills, is there anyone at the Bulldogs currently doing these jobs? Their Staff moral must have zeroes on Friday :s

The cancer how now been transmitted to Belmore. Manly Coaching is cohesive once more.

And I agree with a previous comment that the Players will really put in to help Tooves and show the league world that it was the 25 of them that won the GF, not the Coach - to paraphrase Choc.

Isn't Kelly Egan still on contract with Manly in 2012? What is going to happen with him, as he didn't sign with the Bulldogs till 2013 Season? Not that it ultimately matters I guess. Toovey will be relishing this challenge :angel:

Tooves was an inspirational player. Lost count of the number of times he put players way bigger than him on their arse (remember one tackle on big Mal in particular). Looking forward to him putting Des on his metaphorical arse next time we play the Dogs.

For what it's worth I think most coaches and players should only see out the last current year with the club they are serving.
I'm pretty sure most fans would feel the same way!

Yep he had to be sacked - cant see how you can excuse his behaviour in my opinion, he may have had good reason to want to "stick it up" the board in the beginning and he had some sympathy from me up to a point, but he has crossed the line for my 2 cents and needed to be shown the door.

How many players we hold to is way more important than whether or not Des goes goes ( albeit there will be a big link when Foran becomes a Dog as we all fear ).

The first thing you do if you discover termites in your house is cut out the dead wood then get the pest control guys in to nullify the little bastards before they bring down your WHOLE HOUSE.

Had to be done. Doesn't mean I'm happy about it: Des had been a great servant for our great club, but his less than graceful exit has hurt this club badly. Hopefully the extra dollars are enough solace for his soul whilst he rots in the eternal hell that is Belmore.

Adios muchachos !!

Insufficient information to say yes or no

Not sure, I think blame is equally shared. Des' stubbornness, boards lack of foresight, dogs for their terrible timing, it all played a part.

I'll miss des and his antics. He made manly feel like manly again after the debacle of post super league and NE. If better people were around, and Mayer stayed, things wouldn't have changed.

Power trips killed us in the end, right or wrong.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
A couple of years ago 'it appeared' that Brett Stewart had committed sexual assault.

Meaning 'it appeared' in the papers.

Who are those that are accusing Des? So far all I have read is that 'quite a number of people' told Arko about it. Anyone with a name?

The key missing factor for me from Des has been utter loyalty to the club.

No problem at all with him signing for the dogs and following the money. And he had to know that signing for the dogs in 2013 and coaching us in 2012 was potentially an extremely difficult and conflicted position to place the club, and players and staff and himself, into.

Des could have done some things significantly differently if loyalty was foremost in his mind e.g.:
1. Negotiate two options for the benefit of Manly - that he join the dogs in 2012 and that he stay in 2012 - and let Manly decide.
2. If he was staying then he needed to be proactive and overt about not wanting to influence people to leave Manly. This is very different to his denials of acting inappropriately. His silence about this in the media spoke volumes.
3. When he negotiated contracts with players like Foran, loyalty demanded that he immediately squash any thought of get out clauses based on whether Des stays or goes. This certainly made it look like Des was long planning a coup like has occurred.
4. When Manly indicated they wanted a changeover to Toovs, that he simply and gracefully step down without the divisive threats of legal action.
5. His dealings with the media could have been far more conciliatory towards others within the club. He has seemed dominated by divisiveness within.

The fact that Arko said what he said speaks volumes to me. Des seemed to be motivated by an us and them mentality. Which is very different when the enemy is external to when it is internal.

His decision to drop the dispute and threats of legal action are welcomed, and are the first steps in stopping the hemorrhaging of my high opinion of him.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4