Silvertails Player of the Year

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Votes for Rd 26 v Panthers are in. Good to see two more players polling their first points of the year. That takes the number of players that have featured in the 3, 2, 1 at some point to 19.

3. Fa'aoso
2. Cherry-Evans
1. Gower

So still no movement at the top, but DCE is sneaking up on the two leaders.

Foran 23
Watmough 22.5
Cherry-Evans 19
B Stewart 13
Lyon 12.5
Lawrence 7
Ballin 7
Matai 6.5
Horo 6
Kite 5
Williams 4.5
G Stewart 4
Hiku 3
Fa'aoso 3
Taufua 2.5
Rose 2
Symonds 1.5
Buhrer 1
Gower 1

When calculating, I only counted posts where there was a definite 3 2 1 mentioned, ie didn't count things such as 'whole team gets 3 points' etc. Also, if players were tied for a round I split the points ie two players tied first got 2.5 each (split of 3 and 2) etc

Votes counted for the Week 1 Semi v Roosters

3. Hiku
2. Lyon
1. G Stewart

So still no movement at the top with 3 games to play ;)

Foran 23
Watmough 22.5
Cherry-Evans 19
Lyon 14.5
B Stewart 13
Lawrence 7
Ballin 7
Matai 6.5
Horo 6
Hiku 6
Kite 5
G Stewart 5
Williams 4.5
Fa'aoso 3
Taufua 2.5
Rose 2
Symonds 1.5
Buhrer 1
Gower 1

Cherry has been reeling in the 2 leaders. I suspect he could carve up the Sharks tonight, as well.

Very interesting round of voting this week. DCE became only the second player this year to poll over 100 points, after Snake did it in rd 19 v Titans. On the flip side, in a round dominated so heavily by one player, it was intersting that 14 players polled points, the most this year.

3. Cherry-Evans
2. Foran
1. Lawrence

So Foz has increased his lead, but Choc and now DCE, are within striking distance.

Foran 25
Watmough 22.5
Cherry-Evans 22
Lyon 14.5
B Stewart 13
Lawrence 8
Ballin 7
Matai 6.5
Horo 6
Hiku 6
Kite 5
G Stewart 5
Williams 4.5
Fa'aoso 3
Taufua 2.5
Rose 2
Symonds 1.5
Buhrer 1
Gower 1

Voting for week 3 semi v Rabbits has been completed

3. Foran
2. Ballin
1. B Stewart

Which means, with an unassailable lead, the winner of the inaugural Silvertail Player Of The Year is:

KIERAN "FOZ" FORAN

We will still have a 3 2 1 for the GF, maybe have our own version of the Churchill Medal (Menzies Medal perhaps :D)

Anyway, overall standings below:

Foran 28
Watmough 22.5
Cherry-Evans 22
Lyon 14.5
B Stewart 14
Ballin 9
Lawrence 8
Matai 6.5
Horo 6
Hiku 6
Kite 5
G Stewart 5
Williams 4.5
Fa'aoso 3
Taufua 2.5
Rose 2
Symonds 1.5
Buhrer 1
Gower 1

great work Mosto. Thanks for putting in the hard yards mate. It has been great to follow.
Sorry to be pedantic, but for completeness can we have Keiran changed to Kieran. ;) - I know, I know I'm be anal.

Clint said:
great work Mosto. Thanks for putting in the hard yards mate. It has been great to follow.
Sorry to be pedantic, but for completeness can we have Keiran changed to Kieran. ;) - I know, I know I'm be anal.

Done!

Didnt realise what was involved when you started this process. Now that I've seen it in action and if you decide to do same next year I will certainly involve myself as well. You've done an excellent job and the top three, Foran, Cherry-Evans and Watmough certainly deserved their positions. Brilliant trio.

Well, even though the POTY has been decided, in the interst of completeness (is that a word?) I've tallied the points from the GF.

3. Cherry-Evans
2. Watmough
1. Ballin

So while Foz had already wrpped up top spot, DCE did edge ahead of Choc for runner-up. Final overall points below:

Foran 28
Cherry-Evans 25
Watmough 24.5
Lyon 14.5
B Stewart 14
Ballin 10
Lawrence 8
Matai 6.5
Horo 6
Hiku 6
Kite 5
G Stewart 5
Williams 4.5
Fa'aoso 3
Taufua 2.5
Rose 2
Symonds 1.5
Buhrer 1
Gower 1

Thanks again for all your work Mosto. It was great to follow. Hopefully we can keep this going next year too. Enjoy the off season boys & girls.

Great job Mosto and thanks again for doing that.

Very interesting to see what we 'experts' think!

I nominate @"Mark from Brisbane" to pass this result on to Kieren, and the team.

We may not have a prize to award this time, but I think a poll of Silvertails members is significant, and will only become more so as time goes on.

Congratulations to Kieren Foran, winner of the Silvertails Manly player of the year, 2013. Voted on by Manly fans who are members of Silvertails, reputed to be the most knowledgeable, discerning, and appreciative of all football fans. :D

Dan or someone smarter than I may disclose how many Silvertails members we have, but I think the total is a large number.

Many thanks to @Mosto for organising this.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Dan or someone smarter than I may disclose how many Silvertails members we have, but I think the total is a large number.

Many thanks to @Mosto for organising this.

I'm smarter than you.

We have 3,052 registered members of silvertails. (It's on the main forum page).

But I dunno how many of those are spam. 2800??

I think it's interesting the final tally. I reckon if a paper did that list we'd all be up in arms about how low some of those players are!

party on.

I am going to start writing this into the application. It will require some user input in that it will require whomever helps run this to fill in the team each week or at least enable the players that played in a game.

Once done everyone who has a forum account can vote for the players in 3-2-1 and can only vote once per round.

The scores are then tallied which will reveal the results for the top 3 (or more in case of a tie)

What I would like to know is if everyone would like to see what other people have voted for each week and if so, would you like to see this real time, i.e. see who has voted, and then click on who they have voted for or would it be better to reveal it after you have voted or the voting is closed?

I will see if i can also tie this to a forum post so that people can discuss who they voted for and why. For instance I could program it so that when you vote, your post gets inserted as a reply to a main forum post, or we can have it look something like the footy tipping comp

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6