Silvertails NSW Team - FULLBACK

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

NSW Fullback

• Stewart

Votes: 16 19.0%
  • Hayne

Votes: 18 21.4%
  • Morris

Votes: 15 17.9%
  • Dugan

Votes: 16 19.0%
  • Gidley

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Minichello

Votes: 15 17.9%
  • Coote

Votes: 3 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Stewart has played well at Origin level before and has never let the state down.

Unfortunately a brilliant rep career has passed him by due to those serious knee injuries. It would have been great for SOO to see him and Slater oppose each other over an extended period of time.

I voted for Hayne on this one. He's most capable.

I think Hayne is well off his best physically. He already had poor positional sense for a fullback and if he is running around on one piston then he will have all sorts of trouble with three pronged kicking attack QLD will have. We need a full back who reads the play well and who can get to balls on the full, which is really Slaters greatest strength.

If Dugan can hit the ground running when he returns this week his kick returns will put the Blues in a good position and take the pressure off our go foward. That being said, I would love to see Snake get another crack at it so he can show his real class.

A NSW victory with Manly players at the forefront will be a decent second prize for me if we don't end up going back to back.

01. Jarryd Hayne
02. David Williams
03. Josh Morris
04. Chris Lawrence
05. Akuila Uate
06. Todd Carney
07. Mitchell Pearce
08. Paul Gallen
09. Danny Buderus
10. James Tamou
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Beau Scott
13. Luke Lewis

14. Tony Williams
15. Tariq Sims
16. Tom Learoyd-lahrs
17. Greg Bird

clontaago said:
Everyone is entitled to their opinion however: Hayne Inexperienced??? What planet do you live on?

Due to his prolific performances in the Origin series, Hayne was awarded the Brad Fittler Medal for NSW player of the series[11] and ultimately rewarded later in the year with the inclusion the Australian Test Squad in 2007. He debuted on the wing for Australia, scoring a solo try in Australia's record 58–0 defeat of New Zealand.

In August 2008, Hayne was named in the preliminary 46-man Kangaroos squad for the 2008 Rugby League World Cup.[12][13] Hayne was also named in the Prime Minister's XIII, scoring 2 tries against Papua New Guinea.[14]

Despite playing for Australia the previous year, Hayne was named in the Fiji squad for the 2008 Rugby League World Cup. During the Rugby League World Cup while playing for Fiji Hayne played an incredibly exciting brand of football at fullback, scoring 2 tries in the first clash against France. Hayne had an average of 4 linebreaks a game in his World Cup games for Fiji.[citation needed]

Hayne was selected for City in the City vs Country match on 8 May 2009.[15]

Hayne's performances for NSW during the 2009 series in a losing side were spectacular. In game one he was denied a controversial try by the video referee who ruled that Hayne touched the sideline with his boot,[16] while saving NSW both in attack and defence with several important plays. In game 2 he carried NSW with a series of brilliant plays including a 90 metre "12 pointer" intercept and another try from dummy half.[17] Former Queensland players acknowledged that Hayne would be the only NSW player to make the QLD side.[18] He later credited his remarkable form to discipline learned during his time with Fiji in the 2008 World Cup.[19]

He was named Fiji player of the year for 2009.[20]

Hayne was named and played for the NSW Blues in all three losing matches in the 2010 State of Origins against the Queensland Maroons.

In 2011, Hayne was controversially not named in the NSW Blues side for Game One, which they lost. However, he returned to the side in Game Two, helping them win 18 - 8. He also played in the deciding Game 3, this time in the centres. To the surprise of many, Hayne's long kicking ability was utilised by the Blues, in an effort to stop the ensuing Queensland attack. Despite losing, Hayne made two line breaks, and scored one try. He also had the second highest run metres for NSW (156m) behind Paul Gallen (160m). He is likely to have played on the wing for Australia following the 2011 season, but was not selected due to injury.

He won those awards as a winger, not fullback. He's a fullback's arse...thus, inexperienced. I stand by my comment.

Jono said:
clontaago said:
Everyone is entitled to their opinion however: Hayne Inexperienced??? What planet do you live on?

Due to his prolific performances in the Origin series, Hayne was awarded the Brad Fittler Medal for NSW player of the series[11] and ultimately rewarded later in the year with the inclusion the Australian Test Squad in 2007. He debuted on the wing for Australia, scoring a solo try in Australia's record 58–0 defeat of New Zealand.

In August 2008, Hayne was named in the preliminary 46-man Kangaroos squad for the 2008 Rugby League World Cup.[12][13] Hayne was also named in the Prime Minister's XIII, scoring 2 tries against Papua New Guinea.[14]

Despite playing for Australia the previous year, Hayne was named in the Fiji squad for the 2008 Rugby League World Cup. During the Rugby League World Cup while playing for Fiji Hayne played an incredibly exciting brand of football at fullback, scoring 2 tries in the first clash against France. Hayne had an average of 4 linebreaks a game in his World Cup games for Fiji.[citation needed]

Hayne's performances for NSW during the 2009 series in a losing side were spectacular. In game one he was denied a controversial try by the video referee who ruled that Hayne touched the sideline with his boot,[16] while saving NSW both in attack and defence with several important plays. In game 2 he carried NSW with a series of brilliant plays including a 90 metre "12 pointer" intercept and another try from dummy half.[17] Former Queensland players acknowledged that Hayne would be the only NSW player to make the QLD side.[18] He later credited his remarkable form to discipline learned during his time with Fiji in the 2008 World Cup.[19]

Hayne was named and played for the NSW Blues in all three losing matches in the 2010 State of Origins against the Queensland Maroons.

In 2011, Hayne was controversially not named in the NSW Blues side for Game One, which they lost. However, he returned to the side in Game Two, helping them win 18 - 8. He also played in the deciding Game 3, this time in the centres. To the surprise of many, Hayne's long kicking ability was utilised by the Blues, in an effort to stop the ensuing Queensland attack. Despite losing, Hayne made two line breaks, and scored one try. He also had the second highest run metres for NSW (156m) behind Paul Gallen (160m). He is likely to have played on the wing for Australia following the 2011 season, but was not selected due to injury.

He won those awards as a winger, not fullback. He's a fullback's arse...thus, inexperienced. I stand by my comment.

2009 Dally M FULLBACK of the Year
2009 Dally M Player of the Year
2009 International Player of the Year - as Fullback

Nuff Said

Only a couple of hours to get your votes in people, Snake has a narrow lead at this point but there is nothing in it.

Great idea Clon. Have you thought what you will do if (for example) Hayne and Morris are the top 2 selections for fullback and also the top 2 selections for the wing...?

Only doing 1 position at a time will solve that problem. Once a player is locked in he's removed from other positions voting.

clontaago said:
Jono said:
clontaago said:

2009 Dally M FULLBACK of the Year
2009 Dally M Player of the Year
2009 International Player of the Year - as Fullback

Nuff Said

Still no State of Origin Fullback experience...other than losing!! At least Mini and Brett have been Fullbacks in winning NSW squads. He got those awards AFTER State of Origin. Think about it....he plays the last weeks of that season like he did for the period going into State of Origin, and he doesn't even get a look in for the Dally M.

A period of good playing for 11 weeks in 2009 doesn't mean you are an experienced fullback. Keep bringing on the excuses to use him as I have yet to see a killer blow....and there won't be one because Hayne is a Fullback's arse.

clontaago said:
Only doing 1 position at a time will solve that problem. Once a player is locked in he's removed from other positions voting.

Good stuff. Fullback is looking like a pretty close contest.

He's got one of if not the biggest boot in the game and he's the type of player that seems to have another gear when he's not trying to carry a team on his every move.
They seem to be manufacturing fullbacks these days predominately as attacking weapons ie Morris, Barba, even Carney for a while at the chooks.
He'll be there somewhere so why not fullback?
Mini & Snake have done nothing wrong and wouldn't let us down but the others haven't shown enough.
Sticky has shown his love for Hayne by suggesting him at 5/8 so why not?, he & Carney can swap during the game which isn't beyond the realm.

Jono said:
A period of good playing for 11 weeks in 2009 doesn't mean you are an experienced fullback. Keep bringing on the excuses to use him as I have yet to see a killer blow....and there won't be one because Hayne is a Fullback's arse.

I don't know about Hayne being a crap fullback, mate. Great fullback at the NRL level, which is something you have to take into account.

Saying that I voted for Dugan because having Hayne as the last line of defence in SoO scares the hell out of me. He just seems to zone out & drift around not really following any plan, can't do that in SoO, need to be switched on for the full 80min & then some.

The problem with Hayne is how to fit him into the team. He's a dynamic player & has incredible skills but I'm just not sure if he can be trusted at fullback for the full 80. It's be a struggle for him to make it on the wings with the talent we have there & he's a so-so center. Could he be a weapon off the bench?

Dugan hasn't been named for the Raiders this week. Snake has a huge opportunity if he wants the job. Friday night football, match with huge publicity around it. A big game here and I think he just about sews up the job.

Ok guys voting for Fullback is done.

We have Hayne and Dugan locked on 18 votes each with Snake very close behind on 17.

The fullback spot will be decided by a vote off later in the week!!!

Mods can someone lock this thread please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7