Silvertails NSW Team - FULLBACK

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

NSW Fullback

• Stewart

Votes: 16 19.0%
  • Hayne

Votes: 18 21.4%
  • Morris

Votes: 15 17.9%
  • Dugan

Votes: 16 19.0%
  • Gidley

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Minichello

Votes: 15 17.9%
  • Coote

Votes: 3 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

clontaago

First Grader
Ok everyone. Over the next week or so we will be putting together a "Silvertails NSW Team" as picked by you guys! Once we have finalised the team we will see how our team stacks up against the actual NSW Blues.

What I'll be doing is putting up a poll each day for each position. You will have 24 hours to vote. All unpicked players will be thrown back into the mix for the Bench spots.

So we will start with Fullback. Get your votes in by 6pm tomorrow.

(Qld'ers I'm not ignoring you, its just that your team pretty much picks itself)

RE: Silvertails NSW Team

toss up for me between Hayne and Morris, went Morris with Hayne for a wing spot but if i were Stuart i would swap them with 10 to go in each half

Minichello for mine...I think Hayne will be on the wing and I don't know whether Morris has had enough time at fullback to prove himself.

Also if a player is picked but cannot play due to injury or suspension, he will be replaced by the second highest polling player.

If the halves are Pearce and Carney, I'd go Minichiello. Hayne would be my next choice.

Brett can stay playing for Manly, much more important in my opinion. I'd take a club win over an origin series any day of the week.

clontaago said:
Ok everyone. Over the next week or so we will be putting together a "Silvertails NSW Team" as picked by you guys! Once we have finalised the team we will see how our team stacks up against the actual NSW Blues.

What I'll be doing is putting up a poll each day for each position. You will have 24 hours to vote. All unpicked players will be thrown back into the mix for the Bench spots.

So we will start with Fullback. Get your votes in by 6pm tomorrow.

(Qld'ers I'm not ignoring you, its just that your team pretty much picks itself)

....and your going to win no matter who we pick.

Question - Do you guys think I should hide the voting results or keep them public?

Im considering hiding so that views arent swayed by current results.

Was considering Hayne, but Mini is the safest option. If Brett's knees weren't screwed, there wouldn't be any debate about this whatsoever.

Stewart. Brett is still the best fullback this state has. We need people that perform in big games, not has-beens (Minichello), the untried (Morris) or the inexperienced (Dugan, Hayne and Coote)

I know we are going to go through them but this will clear my mind as to what I think so:

1. Brett Stewart
2. Brett Morris
3. Josh Morris
4. Michael Jennings
5. Akulia Uate
6. Todd Carney
7. Mitchell Pearce or Peter Wallace (won't make a difference, they are both worthy)
8. Paul Gallen
9. Danny Buderus
10. James Tamou
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Ben Creagh
13. Greg Bird

14. Jarrod Hayne
15. Luke Lewis
16. Tariq Sims
17. Tony Williams (This can be anyone in Game 1 but its his spot for game 2 and 3)

Looks pretty strong to me. Love the bench!!

Everyone is entitled to their opinion however: Hayne Inexperienced??? What planet do you live on?

Due to his prolific performances in the Origin series, Hayne was awarded the Brad Fittler Medal for NSW player of the series[11] and ultimately rewarded later in the year with the inclusion the Australian Test Squad in 2007. He debuted on the wing for Australia, scoring a solo try in Australia's record 58–0 defeat of New Zealand.

In August 2008, Hayne was named in the preliminary 46-man Kangaroos squad for the 2008 Rugby League World Cup.[12][13] Hayne was also named in the Prime Minister's XIII, scoring 2 tries against Papua New Guinea.[14]

Despite playing for Australia the previous year, Hayne was named in the Fiji squad for the 2008 Rugby League World Cup. During the Rugby League World Cup while playing for Fiji Hayne played an incredibly exciting brand of football at fullback, scoring 2 tries in the first clash against France. Hayne had an average of 4 linebreaks a game in his World Cup games for Fiji.[citation needed]

Hayne was selected for City in the City vs Country match on 8 May 2009.[15]

Hayne's performances for NSW during the 2009 series in a losing side were spectacular. In game one he was denied a controversial try by the video referee who ruled that Hayne touched the sideline with his boot,[16] while saving NSW both in attack and defence with several important plays. In game 2 he carried NSW with a series of brilliant plays including a 90 metre "12 pointer" intercept and another try from dummy half.[17] Former Queensland players acknowledged that Hayne would be the only NSW player to make the QLD side.[18] He later credited his remarkable form to discipline learned during his time with Fiji in the 2008 World Cup.[19]

He was named Fiji player of the year for 2009.[20]

Hayne was named and played for the NSW Blues in all three losing matches in the 2010 State of Origins against the Queensland Maroons.

In 2011, Hayne was controversially not named in the NSW Blues side for Game One, which they lost. However, he returned to the side in Game Two, helping them win 18 - 8. He also played in the deciding Game 3, this time in the centres. To the surprise of many, Hayne's long kicking ability was utilised by the Blues, in an effort to stop the ensuing Queensland attack. Despite losing, Hayne made two line breaks, and scored one try. He also had the second highest run metres for NSW (156m) behind Paul Gallen (160m). He is likely to have played on the wing for Australia following the 2011 season, but was not selected due to injury.

Hayne or Morris - interchangeable for me - but probly go for Hayne at 1 and Morris on the wing..
Sorry, I jumped the gun.
I guess you know who I'm gonna pick on the wing now..:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7