Silvertails, now on Twitter

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Why not :)

Sometime Fluffy has a knack of bringing it out

And for the record Matas I wasnt actually knocking MSE, I simply have no need to use it as I find this site more than adequate and far more useful for my needs.

I wasn't as involved in the flame wars back in the day as some and thought something may have changed since then.

Fro link said:
I simply have no need to use it as I find this site more than adequate and far more useful for my needs.
  My sentiments exactly.  And this site is less Spooky.

Thanks Dan (and sorry for the confusion re Facebook)

I don't like seeing either website being criticised, this one supports a different market, the official site is there being an official site.

They both will always be different, does not make one "better" or for that matter  one "worse" than the other...after all we are ALL Manly supporters.

The only negative I would see with this site is that it's free to join, and whilst that's a positive for the fair dinkum supporters it can allow some "outsiders" to get on board.

They can also get onto MWSE as well, but need to be a member ($69.00) to use the forum facility, and that deters the average "mug" from getting on and bagging the crap out of us.

There's a few from MWSE who post on here (Vidmar and myself perhaps the most regular), but very few from Silvertails post on MWSE.

I am all about getting the fans together, so see myself (hopefully) as a conduit between the two, and I'd like to see more interaction between the two.

As to the "wars" of the past...like the second world war, that's a long time ago

I have considered carefully whether I should post my one small critique of the MWSE site.  And then I thought I'd better not.  So you can all die wondering now.   :p

My main critique of it is that it kept getting shut down when members really wanted to discuss significant current issues. My impression is that a lot of posters were driven away or drifted away because of that policy, and the site was pretty bland for a long time. It is hotting up a little more now, there is a big debate about Vidmar's flag :)

As the official club forum they have little option but to censor vituperative debates.  We can get away with a lot more as we are not the club brand, and in fact they can distance themselves from us, though we are a convenient place for people to vent. 

I think it may still be true that a lot of other NRL clubs don't have a forum at all.

Matabele link said:
I have considered carefully whether I should post my one small critique of the MWSE site.  And then I thought I'd better not.  So you can all die wondering now.  :p

I guess after that little gem you would describe World War 2 as a small local dispute :)

Nothing wrong with deleting offending posts or imposing bans on posters, but shutting the forum altogether was very counterproductive I thought. Luckily Silvertails was always available.

I have to say our visitors went through the roof in that time and we locked and deleted threads more out of paranoia than anything but i can see their point of view they would have had to have had Aaron there all day and night trying to keep it all under control

Fro link said:
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=182822.msg257066#msg257066 date=1269569437]
I have considered carefully whether I should post my one small critique of the MWSE site.  And then I thought I'd better not.  So you can all die wondering now.  :p

I guess after that little gem you would describe World War 2 as a small local dispute :)
[/quote]  I haven't had anything to say about MWSE for years  Detente. 

I think that part of the reason Aaron left, is that his initial role was website, and had he stayed doing that he's still be there.

He then was lumbered with Membership, and really the workload of the two started to cause him some health and home issues.

You are right about almost having to watch it 24/7...Aaron stayed with me a couple of times (during the Queensland games) and he spent ages on there...it's different on Silvertails I can say "I think Scott Penn is a Di*khead" (by the way I don't) and this will stay...on MWSE say that (even in a convoluted way) and you'll be banned...they need to protect their brand and we all need to understand that.

As to forums, I think for that reason almost none of the other NRL Clubs have them.

I am working on a relationship (business wise) with the Panthers, they have one....I am also working on the Titans (they don't), the Cowboys (they don't) and the Dragons (they do but it's behind closed doors).

That's why I think there's space for both, and MWSE need to understand that this is a "free thought forum" and you guys need to consider that theirs has to be regulated.

SeaEagleRock8 link said:
You are indeed a conduit :)

Thanks mate, I forgot you, I said Vidmar and I were the most regular...I take that back, there's a few of us (Corso Pete also uses both)

I'd really like to see more from both sides of the fence getting together we are after all......all mad and passionate Sea Eagles fans.

Sorry about the three in a row posts, but there's also now another controversial thread over there about Zorba's rant.

I think the fact that's it's still there relates more to the fact that no one is in charge at present so currently it's pretty "free flowing".

Mark from Brisbane link said:
There's also now another controversial thread over there about Zorba's rant.

I think the fact that's it's still there relates more to the fact that no one is in charge at present so currently it's pretty \"free flowing\".

But it was on here and well discussed long before anyone over there realised it existed.

Silvertails - first with all the news and views! :)

Yes I agree with that, as I say "room for both forums and more interaction between the two is needed"

I hope so too Mark. At the Men of League dinner in Brisie (you were seated next to me) I announced that I was a Silvertails poster and it was like I had outed myself as Osama bin Laden. To me we are all Manly supporters. Like Vid I have given a large amount of time volunteering for the club in as many ways as I am able to and I understand that most of the people on your tour were regular mwse posters - but I wasn't prepared for the reaction I recieved. Anyway, as they are Manly fans I accept them so maybe they could consider their own motives and be a little more open to those who visit here.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6