Silvertails, now on Twitter

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Thats fair enough, I guess it was more directed at people who follow around those idiots like Paris Hilton. 

Matabele link said:
[quote author=Fro link=topic=182822.msg256918#msg256918 date=1269486303]
Why be fair to MWSE????
  Because the world has changed since 2004.
[/quote]

The world has changed since last Tuesday, whats your point?

Garts link said:
Thats fair enough, I guess it was more directed at people who follow around those idiots like Paris Hilton. 

i agree.

I think it has it's uses, especially for the overt out there.

i think it could actually be quite useful for our site as well. I will try to keep updating this Saturday night with scores etc, depending on a few things, but will work to help automate it too

Aaron Markie (who has now left) has done a fantastic job at MWSE...from what it was in 2006 when he joined the company to what it was in 2010 when he left. It's far more than a forum and now generates about a million dollars a year in income through memberships (the non ticketed type which I don't think is counted in these figures), merchandise sales, auctions and the like. I think to knock it is a bit harsh.

All of the club websites are now driven by the NRL, they all look the same although not all have forums (in fact most don't).

I doubt they'd ever be on Facebook or Twitter but there are a myriad of groups that have a crossover with Manly, the Travelling Supportahs for example have their one facebook group.

Dan I am open enough to look at any ideas, I was just using the "why not phone" as I admit to being an old fart who likes the old way of doing things, but certainly times have changed and so I open my mind to anything that helps promotion of the brand.

MWSE do have both a Twitter and a Facebook page, however the difference is that there is no direct 2 way integration into their sites, so they are almost 3 different entities.

Mark from Brisbane link said:
Aaron Markie (who has now left) has done a fantastic job at MWSE...from what it was in 2006 when he joined the company to what it was in 2010 when he left. It's far more than a forum and now generates about a million dollars a year in income through memberships (the non ticketed type which I don't think is counted in these figures), merchandise sales, auctions and the like. I think to knock it is a bit harsh.

All of the club websites are now driven by the NRL, they all look the same although not all have forums (in fact most don't).

I doubt they'd ever be on Facebook or Twitter but there are a myriad of groups that have a crossover with Manly, the Travelling Supportahs for example have their one facebook group.

Dan I am open enough to look at any ideas, I was just using the \"why not phone\" as I admit to being an old fart who likes the old way of doing things, but certainly times have changed and so I open my mind to anything that helps promotion of the brand.
I think we all agree on this, hence my comment to Fro that the world has moved on from 2004 when MWSE was an embarrasing wasteland that was subject to much criticism from this site (and rightfully so).  Had the club listened to the gladhandlers, rather than the silvertails who gave them a constructive proposal on their internet presence, it would probably still be a bomb, though the NRL may have forced them to enter this century.

I am a bit perplexed though that as a paid up member of the club I'm unable to post over there, despite sending several emails to have the problem rectified.  I'm starting to wonder if I have a lifetime ban without having been informed. 

Not knocking just saying that it could be better (also interesting that the NRL has sold themselves short re social media)

I could have chased that for you last week Andrew BUT Aaron has now left and at this stage the website is "rudderless". I know it's a very important part of their business so it will not be abandoned...can I take that question on notice for you??

No one is banned for life (to my knowledge), but remember I don't work for them just happen to have a close working relationship with them.

I will draw his attention to this thread, and make sure he's aware of your thoughts. He did a fantastic job there and deserves much credit, sadly I don't think they'd get a replacement with even 10% of his work ethic.

How much do they want to pay me to run their site Mark?

:)

Dan link said:
How much do they want to pay me to run their site Mark?

:)
  LMAO, wouldn't there be an irony in that happening?  Maybe we could find Haig to write some clap, clap, clap stories?

Matabele link said:
[quote author=Garts link=topic=182822.msg256943#msg256943 date=1269490982]
I find it sad that some like to \"follow\" around celebrities on this thing.  Surely you can find better things to do your life.  Slightly ironic coming from someone who posts on a RL forum. haha
I follow Armstrong because it is an insight into the highest level of a sport I love and participate in.
[/quote]

I doubt he is insightful enough to tell you all of his "training" techniques.

If he did you would have a good chance at winning the tour

training techniques alone do not make a topline athlete fluffy

Dan...I understand you have made me an administrator (thanks) so I can put events up on here....would you be kind enough to send me some instructions, I think you have my work e-mail.

I'll be putting up the Cowboys and Gold Coast planned trips and as well I am going to organise an SEQ "Get Together" for all Queensland based fans....will need to wait until perhaps it's a Saturday night game or Sunday game so we can make it a pub somewhere.

I'll promote this on here, on MWSE and also to my extensive mailing list...would be good to put a few faces to names although too far for ytou to come down no doubt!!

Cheers

Hi mate,

That was matabele. He made you an administrator of the Facebook page so you will be able to add the trips to there as items.

Simply go to http://www.facebook.com, sign in with your usual login details and then find "The Silvertails" page and you can add comments etc as per normal on facebook

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6