Silvertails, now on Twitter

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
Righto,

We figure given that we have taken one step toward being part of the social network we may as well take a further step and engage everyone who uses Twitter as well.

We have setup http://twitter.com/Silvertails

This will contain news articles, some forum posts and after round 5 or so we will be putting live match updates to the page as best we can, including score and whatever relevant information.

We encourage those who use twitter especially mobile users to put their own thoughts live from the games onto our twitter board (see the "tweets") on the right left hand side of screen.

Any questions, problems or suggestions as always please let us know

Dan

not a huge fan myself, but this was something I intended to implement at the start of last year but never got around to finishing the code.

It is fairly well used by many though so no harm in having an account there

it costs money mark...it costs money.

Twitter isnt the same as facebook or myspace etc. It is a micro blogging site, designed for small updates.

It would probably be very valuable for your "Travelling Supportahs" brief updates, and something that I might contact you about soon

I see no point in twitter for everyday folk.  Why would I want to follow what anyone does?  It seems the celebrities are big users but I still dont get why people want to follow them.  This here is probably the only reason why I would log onto twitter but if I want a game score I can check on my phone using other means.   

I use Twitter because its so efficient.

I love reading about world football, but there's just so much content out there. I only want to read articles on certain aspects of football, so having football websites like Four Four Two, Leeds United, certain players on my twiiter account makes it so efficient to find the articles/information I want to read about.

Theres a few good league ones coming through now too. TWIL goes alright, and some league players have HILLAROUS twitter banter. For those on Twitter, I highly recommend following our own George Rose, Beau Ryan, dell.. and if you only get one, make sure you follow Fake Bryce Gibbs - too too funny..

To be fair to MWSE they don't really control it anymore apart from some of the content, this is instead handled by a central service now

Being able to follow a guy like Lance Armstrong is awesome.  It peels back the layer of mystique and gives direct access to what his training and preparation regimen is like.  Plus you get your own insight into his spats with fellow riders (like Contador) without some schmuck journalist peddling his own agenda. 

Fro link said:
assuming of course its not some manager twating or whatever its called
  You can spot the fakes fairly easily.  Armstrong is the real deal - if anything he goes too far with his young kids tweeting.  I wouldn't give millions of people the access to my kids that Armstrong does. 

LSZ as far as I know yes this was something driven by the NRL, it is all bigpond driven I believe

I find it sad that some like to "follow" around celebrities on this thing.  Surely you can find better things to do your life.  Slightly ironic coming from someone who posts on a RL forum. haha

Garts link said:
I find it sad that some like to \"follow\" around celebrities on this thing.  Surely you can find better things to do your life.  Slightly ironic coming from someone who posts on a RL forum. haha
I follow Armstrong because it is an insight into the highest level of a sport I love and participate in.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7