Silvertails.net database & sql errors 21Mar14

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ssar

Bencher
Hopefully others have seen these errors today/recently too:
Got some database error when trying to access the main homepage earlier.
And some sql error when trying to save my footy tips.
Tho they seem intermittent / not happening right now.
Don't like seeing such when there's a tipping comp for $ involved.
Shrug, hopefully it's rare.

This what the sql error said when attempting to save tips earlier, btw:

---

MyBB SQL Error

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1136 - Column count doesn't match value count at row 1
Query:

Please contact the MyBB Group for support.

---

Just removed the error as it can cause security issues to have it exposed.

The front-end errors are because I have been making changes to the database configuration to lower its memory footprint.

As for the tipping comp, that shouldn't happen.

I am pretty sure the error is simply because you caught us in the middle of a SQL server restart.

However can you please double check and make sure your tips enter correctly now?

@ssar can you please try to re-enter them?

Yea, it seemed to save my earlier tips ok, and I got the relevant pm.

Just edited them slightly and saved tips again, seemed to work and new pm OK.

Cheers.

Ok cool. it was because it was due to the reboot cycles on the database server. I try to do them at least impact times but it was desperate measures this evening my time

Hi dan,

hope you get over your flu soon.

Had a few bad gateway errors this morning and the site seems kinda slow.

taking a bit to go between forums and for a reply to go through.

These things usually fix themselves up but as you are sick....I bet you'd love to have something to do!

Yes aware of it, been battling with an issue on the servers for about 6 hours now.
Not sure what the cause is at the moment hoping it settles itself

Resume normal transmission. I found the cause of the issue

I made some changes to one of the tables yesterday. The change was to make the advertising table change storage to innodb, which theoretically should have made things faster because it is written to on every page load, and with the previous storage engine of myISAM this means the table is locked everytime for the write to the table, innodb means just the one row is written to and should be faster, I guess because the write is so insignificant it doesn't really matter to have the whole table lock, though innodb functioning poorly means there is a chance that table needs some fine tuning.

Anyway load is going down on the server now pretty quickly and pages are loading at much more their normal speed

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7