Silvertails Memorial Page

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Dan said:
HappilyManly said:
Have you found DSM5 ?

I checked out every page of every book, but there were too many stripey jumpers and beanies, I couldnt spot him amongst the crowd.......

In all honesty no, I havent heard from him but I havent reached out. perhaps Mark or Vidmar may know where he is as he is a regular on the MWTS trips

DSM5 has been visiting the site just not posting going by his profile. He is still trying to come up with that cracker 10,000th post it seems

For something that came from humble beginnings this is just another class act.

Dan I have been on many a site over the years but can not remember seeing a fan site which is as good as this one. There are many times I am proud to be a manly supporter, this is another one

Well done Dan, great to see Silvertails members that have passed remembered in this way.

We have seen characters a plenty in out decade of existence and it's great remembering some of them and the highs and lows, good and bad times we have shared with them

Thanks Dan, that's great. A little tear in the eye on a Monday morning and a reminder that there's bigger things out there than our regular day to day concerns. Proud to be a Silvertail.

HappilyManly said:
Has Townsville Eagle left us ?

I was hoping that he would post again about his status and that of the Tin Foil Cows :angel:

I checked out his profile a few weeks back and found that the last time that he visited the site was on the 26th of March so yes, I would say that things weren't looking too good for him to be still with us. :(

A very nice addition of mouse, for all of us that knew the name but not the legend!

I was also surprised and saddened to see the addition of TE on the page. I am sure that Dan has done all he can to ensure the accuracy of the bad news.

I found reading TE's message incredibly poignant. To read the parting message of someone, still with us but preparing for the next great adventure is thought provoking and sad in the least.

I admire TE's acceptance and positive thoughts. I am not sure I'd be the same, I'd be pretty annoyed I think.

My condolences to his family and may we all find peace in the smallest raindrop, happiness in every wagging dogs tail and contentment in the smile of our loved ones.

Sometimes I wish I were a better writer.

lsz said:
For something that came from humble beginnings this is just another class act.

Dan I have been on many a site over the years but can not remember seeing a fan site which is as good as this one. There are many times I am proud to be a manly supporter, this is another one

Great words @Isz very very well said

There’s been lots spoken recently about the passion and "Mateship" of sport.

I've followed sporting teams for close on 50 years now in various parts of the world and under a number of codes and fortunate to have seen some amazing things at sporting events.

I’ve cried like a baby with (sometimes) despair (but mostly, thankfully) joy with what has happened on the field of play.

Without fail though when recounting these events at a later date it has always involved some mention of those I was with…

One of my major drivers with the MWTS was to foster the spirit of "Goin' the game with yer mates” and it became clear “If you don't have any - they will be provided!"

We've seen the enthusiasm that this has encouraged and the numbers that now travel to our games is fantastic...

To the point of this thread....When you lose those that you've shared that bond with ... then, it's so very, very sad…

As we grow older losing people is a fact of life…it’s not nice..

That said, I applaud Dan and those involved with Silvertails for this initiative to help keep the memory of fellow supporters in the forefront.

I’m in the midst of planning a trip to NZ for the MWTS and we will of course have Anthony “Mouse” Young in our thoughts.

The Mt Albert Club in Auckland have been fantastic in recognising this – Kiwi’s/Aussies and Pommies working together – who would have thought?

Good onya Mouse…!

More devastating news in recent times with the passing of 3 more Sea Eagles tragics. Annie Turrell, Gary DuBois & Vicki James.
May each of them rest in peace.
Sadly, we have quite a following up there these days :(
sad news. I will have to dig that page out and re-add it to the site so we can add these lost members to it

More devastating news in recent times with the passing of 3 more Sea Eagles tragics. Annie Turrell, Gary DuBois & Vicki James.
May each of them rest in peace.
Sadly, we have quite a following up there these days :(
Thank you bones.
Sad news indeed. Bones if you can forward some more info about these departed Sea Eagles I am sure many of us here would appreciate that.

I've been a member for a number of years now but must have missed seeing the memorial page. Does it still exist?

Dan, such an amazing idea to come up with the memorial page. Well done.

I've been a member for a number of years now but must have missed seeing the memorial page. Does it still exist?

Dan, such an amazing idea to come up with the memorial page. Well done.

These types of things really put wins and losses in football into perspective, eh.

I will always remember Mouse at Brooky Leagues. That man was one staunch, loyal and passionate supporter, who no matter the result, would always be right behind his team.

I always admired that man.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4