1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Silvertails back?

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Crushercleal, Jul 5, 2006.

1. Crushercleal

Crushercleal Active Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Are we back again as the Silvertails? To sign Kite, Kennedy, Ox, Bell and Lyon within the space of 3 yrs would certainly indicate so. Are we back again as a force? I missed people hating us, I tell you.

2. ManlyBacker

ManlyBacker Winging it Staff Member

Ratings:
    +971 / 7
    I hate ya Crusher (meant with all love of course...). Hope you feel better now.

3. Nutzcraw

Nutzcraw Active Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    I think we are more of a force than we had been prior to those signings... but don't think we are fully there yet!!

The signing of Jamie Lyon is a big help... we need our forwards to pull their finger out though.. with the signings we have made now i see us as a dragons type team... Big wingers, the best quality centres... a good running 5/8 and a smart half... but we aren't up to speed with them in the forwards.

If we can get our forwards to just match it with other teams forwards we will win majority of our matches IMO

4. Jatz Crackers

Jatz Crackers Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,242 / 7
    I have no problem with being hated & known as the silvertails, but I would much rather swap that for the "Fortress Brookie" tag.

Points on the board are far better than reputation. :dance:

5. The Wheel

The Wheel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,761 / 72
    I don't believe we can ever truley get the full Silvertail tag back until we sign 3 top line players from the one club in the one season.

1972 - O'neill, Branagahn, Moses (Souths)
    1979 - Boyd, Brown, Dorahy (Wests)
    1983 - Boustead, Cleal, Schubert (Easts)
    1994 - Hill, Gillespie, Tierney (Wests)

6. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,462 / 74
    I hope the silvertails are back the free marketing for this site alone is priceless