Silvertails at its best (frightening)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Dan, you already know that I live at Point Vernon but believe me, it is starting to go down the toilet as well.

6 to 8 months ago, I lived in a very quiet street with a nice mix of people with different age groups who all respected each others rights to a bit of privacy and to live the quiet life but since then, there have been about 4 houses go up for rental that have all been taken up with feral families with feral kids.  The kids (including a toddler) roam the street until 9:30/10 o'clock at night stirring up the dogs.  They hang around on the road (mostly around a bit of a blind corner) and you have to play dodge the kid when you drive along the street.  They also abuse you if you ask them to get off the road when you are driving along the street.  How none of them have been hit (especially the toddler) is beyond me as we quite often get the Kondari, Boat Club, and RSL booze buses racing up and down the street who are no way doing the speed limit.

We also have a cross the road and up the street a bit neighbour who plays their crap music (for hours on end) until sometimes 7 or 8 at night with the bass turned up so much so that our house vibrates.  We have even asked them nicely to turn the bass down as the volume isn't too bad and the we have given them the reason why we have asked for the bass to be turned down and they do turn it down at that time but sure enough, the next day it is back up to where it was before.  The house that they live in is up for sale so hopefully it will sell and they can move (but then again, it's better the devil you know than the devil you don't).

Yup exact same experience in my street. I feel like I am in the middle of the worlds worst concert. no-one seems to understand a reasonable volume for music and bass in this town.

Totally over it mate, totally. It has gone so far down hill at such a rate of knots it is almost unbelievable. Hopefully prices go up and that will start moving the rif-raf back to maryborough

Dan link said:
Yup exact same experience in my street. I feel like I am in the middle of the worlds worst concert. no-one seems to understand a reasonable volume for music and bass in this town.

Totally over it mate, totally. It has gone so far down hill at such a rate of knots it is almost unbelievable. Hopefully prices go up and that will start moving the rif-raf back to maryborough

Hey watch it - some of my best friends are bass players!  ;)

You blokes are beginning to sound like the 4 Yorkshiremen from the Monty Python skit: http://vodpod.com/watch/2510050-youtube-monty-python-four-yorkshiremen-40-years-ago

So whats the reasons for the feral influx?

Rentals prices have dropped in hervey bay a little over the past few months, as such the ferals start moving in from the coast.

The prison at maryborough is also a big factor, all of the crims families move here, they leave the prison and stay in the area or funnily enough re-offend.

You can rent a 3 or 4 bedroom home here for about $300 per week, which isn't expensive when you put say 4 feral couples in the one house with their welfare payments

Oh not to mention a complete lack of the courts willing to do anything to deter people.

The kids who broke into the bottleshop were let off with a $600 fine, event though one of them was on probation for doing the exact same thing 6 months before

My suster in law has a block of land there and was thinking of retiring there, sounds like a BAD move!!

Good luck with the sale Dan

Not a bad place to retire to, depending on where you are at.

i mean its a nice place, it really is a naturally beautiful place, its just ashame about the people who live here. :)

If I were of retirement age and looking to go into one of those villages I would absolutely consider it as an option and a good move. But not to live amongst the horribly unwashed of the bay

Dan link said:
i mean its a nice place, it really is a naturally beautiful place,
Yeah the mud flats at low tide are sensational.  Reminds me of Cairns. 

The Fraser Coast is fast developing the reputation as Queensland's gutter.  Has the highest unemployment and the worst education levels.  People move there for affordability, but there is no legitimate industry so they can't get work.  I think it is destined to become a dormitory city for the big gas projects being built - and that will not be pretty (socially) if Broken Hill is any guide. 

come down a little closer to brisbane... she's all good down here. I live in a nice little suburb.... very quiet street. Loving it. Wish I didn't have to travel so far for work but I work over near ipswich and there is no way i'm heading over there!

It never ceases to amaze me how a city the size of Brisbane came to be built on the worst available real estate in the South East!

As for the gas thing.

Well they are putting the mine out at aldershot etc, that usually means property prices go up, but I am not really looking to make money on this. I just want out with a few grand in my pocket and i will be happy

I have nothing personally against melbourne I just can't get into it.... I've only been there twice though but no footy, bad beaches, colder weather..... don't mind visiting.. dunno if I could live there though

DSM5 link said:
Move this rubbish thread to where it belongs Dan, or are you part of the problem.
Oh harden up, it's our site and if we wish to shoot the breeze, we will.  The thread is about the silvertail family and how it has bought people together over the years (as the title suggests).  If you don't like it, start a thread on how glad you are that Orford is in England.

Matabele link said:
Oh harden up, it's our site and if we wish to shoot the breeze, we will. 

How magnanimous of you to allow the rest of us the privilege of posting here. General Forum ---

yeah spot on Jethro. If it goes up the quality of the people coming in may go down but the price of real estate will go up. I am not willing to wait that long though

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6