Silvertails 50 ways to improve the NRL

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
My 1st suggestion

Kicking the ball dead all the time gives me the ... so if ball is kicked dead the defending team gets the ball back from the 40 if kicked dead from outside the 40

2. Stop all of our Journos and commentators bagging the game in every breath. It's getting tiresome.

Berkeley_Eagle said:
My 1st suggestion

Kicking the ball dead all the time gives me the ... so if ball is kicked dead the defending team gets the ball back from the 40 if kicked dead from outside the 40

I would say a play the ball from where ever it is kicked from. Unless it's closer than the 20.

I'd add reverse 40-20's too. So 20-40's lol

Make Ben Barba hop on one foot for the first 10m when performing a kick return. Make Kasiano perform with the cheerleaders, in full costume so he knows what it is like to be spoken to with disrespect.

Get rid of the double movement rule. It's an outdated rule that is a joke. Anywhere else in the 99.5m of the field you can struggle forward in the tackle and promote the ball, regardless of whether your elbow hits the ground. However get within 0.5m of the tryline and you must instantly freeze every muscle once a hand is laid on you.

If you can get the ball over the line in the act of the tackle being carried out than T.R.Y. in my book, regardless of how you do it. Will get rid of at least half a dozen ridiculous decisions a year and make the refs life easier. Look at the way Rugby treat it, you can immediately promote the ball in the act of scoring try, works plain and simply.

Get rid of the stripping rule. If the ball come loose in a tackle is free game.

Give the benefit of doubt to the defending team. Will stop ridiculous trys being awarded. I'd rather see a try not awarded than see try awarded when there is so much doubt around it.

- If the ball is out of play, the clock stops.

- Captains can only speak to refs during a stopped clock. None of this questioning every blow of the whistle "just to give your team a rest."

You want respect from the ref's, respect them first.

- If a player is deemed to be diving, penalty reversed.

- bring back 5 min sin bins so refs aren't afraid of using them as 10 mins is too long

- enforce the sheparding rule. the dogs got to a grand final on the back of one rarely enforced illegal play.

- vip status to Canadian fans!

Separate the origin rule that you must play for Australia and allow the likes of Costigan, Uate to go back to their home countries and play.

Push for more internationals (countries to play 5 a year) - it's blatant stupidity that the year before a world cup that the two best teams in the world only play twice.
Setup the Emus and they can tour the likes of the islands
Same with NZ A.

Say who the new teams are for 2017 and allow another 2 in for 2020 (new tv deal)

Release a full draw not favoring one team (broncos - sure they could get bigger crowds on a Sunday but hardly get it)

Move Origin to a separate weekend enabling for a full rep weekend i.e
NSW vs Qld
Png vs Fiji
Auckland vs Counties
Samoa vs Tonga
Cook Is vs Maori

Make a federation like the RLEF to oversee the area and to make sure the bigger teams aren't bullying the smaller places ie say if Australia takes a player not only should the ARL be paying him his money for the game they played they also pay the developing country money to develop another player to fill there own ranks. It'll stop the waiving the origin carrot in front of the player

Qld Cup vs NSW Cup on GF Day

Stevo said:
2. Stop all of our Journos and commentators bagging the game in every breath. It's getting tiresome.

Berkeley_Eagle said:
My 1st suggestion

I would say a play the ball from where ever it is kicked from. Unless it's closer than the 20.

+1

I've been suggesting this for a couple of years.

I would also scrap the stripping rule, it seems too hard to get consistent decisions, so open slather, if you can't hang on to it, you lose it.

put me in the video ref box!
or just get rid of it?

or let the onfield ref who already has an opinion on the try/no try be the video ref!
also give them crystal clear 70 inch teles in HiDef

Allow the Dogs to have Mad Monday celebrations every day of the week during the football season.

My 50 point plan to save Rugby League

1. Get rid of Rebecca Wilson. She is a drunk.
2. Get rid of Paul Kent. He can't spell his own name.
3. Get rid of Rebecca Wilson. She can't spell.
4. Get rid of Josh Massoud. He is to journalism what "The Doug Mulray Show" was to tv.
5. Get rid of Rebecca Wilson. She is to journalism what Josh Massoud is to journalism.
6. Get rid of Phil Rothfield. He is just another bitter Sharks fan.
7. Get rid of Rebecca Wilson. She is just bitter.
8. Get rid of Mike Gibson. He is just another bitter Bears fan.
9. Get rid of Rebecca Wilson. She looks like a bear.
10. Get rid of Khoder Nasser. He is in love with Anthony Mundine.
11. Get rid of Rebecca Wilson. She is in love with herself.
12. Get rid of Anthony Mundine. He is in love with Khoder Nasser.
13. Get rid of Rebecca Wilson. She makes Anthony Mundine look like a MENSA member.
14. Get rid of Danny Weidler. He is in love with Khoder Nasser.
15. Get rid of Rebecca Wilson. She makes Danny Weidler look like a hot chick.
16. Get rid of Jim Wilson. His sister is his brother.
17. Get rid of Rebecca Wilson. Her brother's sister is his brother.
18. Get rid of the Daily Telegraph. It has not spoken any truth for 20 years.
19. Get rid of Rebecca Wilson. She has not spoken any truth for 20 years.
20. Get rid of the Courier Mail. Its pro-Bronco bias can no longer be tolerated.
21. Get rid of Rebecca Wilson. Her anti-logic bias can no longer be tolerated.
22. Get rid of the Australian. Its national footprint fills the whole nation with News Ltd propaganda.
23. Get rid of the Rebecca Wilson. She doesn't know what propaganda means.
24. Get rid of News Ltd. It is the global poster child for corrupt and inept journalism.
25. Get rid of Rebecca Wilson. She personifies News Ltd.
26. Get rid of Rupert Murdoch. He set the game back 20 years with Super League.
27. Get rid of Rebecca Wilson. Reading her drivel will set your IQ back 20 points.
28. Get rid of James Murdoch. He could be even worse than his father.
29. Get rid of Rebecca Wilson. She could be James Murdoch's father.
30. Get rid of the Melbourne Storm. Or rename them the Cheats because that is what they are.
31. Get rid of Rebecca Wilson. Or rename her Incompetent Liar because that's what she is.
32. Get rid of Ray Hadley. He has the most annoying voice in the world, apart from Rebecca Wilson.
33. Get rid of Rebecca Wilson. She has the most annoying voice in the world.
34. Get rid of Bill Harrigan (done!). He has bouts of blindness at critical times.
35. Get rid of Rebecca Wilson. She is blind drunk at critical times.
36. Get rid of the video referee. Video doesn't help.
37. Get rid of Rebecca Wilson. She has a good face for radio, but preferably silent radio (see point 33).
38. Get rid of the second referee. 2 is 1 too many.
39. Get rid of Rebecca Wilson. 1 is 1 too many.
40. Get rid of the first referee. Then we will have no mistakes.
41. Get rid of Rebecca Wilson. Her conception was a mistake.
42. Get rid of Craig Bellamy. He looks like an old lesbian tennis player.
43. Get rid of Rebecca Wilson. She looks like an old lesbian tennis player.
44. Get rid of Todd Greenberg. His baldness makes his head look like a male reproductive organ.
45. Get rid of Rebecca Wilson. She has less integrity than Greenberg has hair.
46. Get rid of the Bears (permanently). They have been more successful since they got kicked out.
47. Get rid of Rebecca Wilson. She will be far more successful as a retiree.
48. Get rid of the Sharks. If they haven't won a comp by now they never will.
49. Get rid of Rebecca Wilson. If she hasn't said anything intelligent by now she never will.
50. Bring back proper scrums.

Have the video ref make a ruling on forward passes in the try scoring movement.
One ref on the field.
Make the line runners raise their flag if a ball goes forward, like in soccer. Make them DO something.

Leave scrums as they are. (They're really only a re-set of play)

if the attacking team kick into touch on any tackle but the fifth, the scrum is packed where the ball went out (when in the 0-10meters) not bought back to the ten. So we can have scrums packed on the 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 and 9 meter lines. this could reward a good set and make those bludging wingers do more work potentionally.

MadMarcus said:
My 50 point plan to save Rugby League

1. Get rid of Rebecca Wilson. She is a drunk.
2. Get rid of Paul Kent. He can't spell his own name.
3. Get rid of Rebecca Wilson. She can't spell.
4. Get rid of Josh Massoud. He is to journalism what "The Doug Mulray Show" was to tv.
5. Get rid of Rebecca Wilson. She is to journalism what Josh Massoud is to journalism.
6. Get rid of Phil Rothfield. He is just another bitter Sharks fan.
7. Get rid of Rebecca Wilson. She is just bitter.
8. Get rid of Mike Gibson. He is just another bitter Bears fan.
9. Get rid of Rebecca Wilson. She looks like a bear.
10. Get rid of Khoder Nasser. He is in love with Anthony Mundine.
11. Get rid of Rebecca Wilson. She is in love with herself.
12. Get rid of Anthony Mundine. He is in love with Khoder Nasser.
13. Get rid of Rebecca Wilson. She makes Anthony Mundine look like a MENSA member.
14. Get rid of Danny Weidler. He is in love with Khoder Nasser.
15. Get rid of Rebecca Wilson. She makes Danny Weidler look like a hot chick.
16. Get rid of Jim Wilson. His sister is his brother.
17. Get rid of Rebecca Wilson. Her brother's sister is his brother.
18. Get rid of the Daily Telegraph. It has not spoken any truth for 20 years.
19. Get rid of Rebecca Wilson. She has not spoken any truth for 20 years.
20. Get rid of the Courier Mail. Its pro-Bronco bias can no longer be tolerated.
21. Get rid of Rebecca Wilson. Her anti-logic bias can no longer be tolerated.
22. Get rid of the Australian. Its national footprint fills the whole nation with News Ltd propaganda.
23. Get rid of the Rebecca Wilson. She doesn't know what propaganda means.
24. Get rid of News Ltd. It is the global poster child for corrupt and inept journalism.
25. Get rid of Rebecca Wilson. She personifies News Ltd.
26. Get rid of Rupert Murdoch. He set the game back 20 years with Super League.
27. Get rid of Rebecca Wilson. Reading her drivel will set your IQ back 20 points.
28. Get rid of James Murdoch. He could be even worse than his father.
29. Get rid of Rebecca Wilson. She could be James Murdoch's father.
30. Get rid of the Melbourne Storm. Or rename them the Cheats because that is what they are.
31. Get rid of Rebecca Wilson. Or rename her Incompetent Liar because that's what she is.
32. Get rid of Ray Hadley. He has the most annoying voice in the world, apart from Rebecca Wilson.
33. Get rid of Rebecca Wilson. She has the most annoying voice in the world.
34. Get rid of Bill Harrigan (done!). He has bouts of blindness at critical times.
35. Get rid of Rebecca Wilson. She is blind drunk at critical times.
36. Get rid of the video referee. Video doesn't help.
37. Get rid of Rebecca Wilson. She has a good face for radio, but preferably silent radio (see point 33).
38. Get rid of the second referee. 2 is 1 too many.
39. Get rid of Rebecca Wilson. 1 is 1 too many.
40. Get rid of the first referee. Then we will have no mistakes.
41. Get rid of Rebecca Wilson. Her conception was a mistake.
42. Get rid of Craig Bellamy. He looks like an old lesbian tennis player.
43. Get rid of Rebecca Wilson. She looks like an old lesbian tennis player.
44. Get rid of Todd Greenberg. His baldness makes his head look like a male reproductive organ.
45. Get rid of Rebecca Wilson. She has less integrity than Greenberg has hair.
46. Get rid of the Bears (permanently). They have been more successful since they got kicked out.
47. Get rid of Rebecca Wilson. She will be far more successful as a retiree.
48. Get rid of the Sharks. If they haven't won a comp by now they never will.
49. Get rid of Rebecca Wilson. If she hasn't said anything intelligent by now she never will.
50. Bring back proper scrums.

What's the difference between Rebecca Wilson and a catfish?

One's cold, slimy and has whiskers and the other one is a fish.

Get rid of the refs. All decisions could be made on the toss of a coin, it'd be bound to be an improvement. Either that, or get the coach of the home team to adjudicate, most decisions seem to go to the home team in any case, except for our home games.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6