Silver lining

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

manlyslam

Moving forward let's focus on solutions rather than constantly feeding the negative (Blame, hate, racism,)headlines and comments keeping them alive and growing.

My intention for writing this post is that I know one positive statement or post can counterbalance hundreds of negative ones. This is also partly the reason behind our success as a club. The handling of adversity is one of the main reasons we are most successful club in modern times. As a true supporter I have appreciated those battles won against the odds. The stories behind our latest success are inspirational. Hasler himself constantly pushes the under the radar philosophy which has worked in our favor in the past couple of premierships. Toov’s needs to take that leaf out of the Des (humble)handbook and use this current challenge to hit the ground running.

Hasler’s now on everyone's radar and having chosen to “sale” for an opposing team, the back-to-back motivation theory doesn’t quite stack up. Hasler has shown he produces when the chips are down. He needs a challenge and whilst Manly are favorites for next years premiership it won't suit his style especially with his partial focus being on how the grass is growing over the fence at Belmore. Geoff on the other hand has more hunger and would keep the flame burning within the current crop of players. Our future lies with Toovey now and he needs to steer the ship from now on even if that means Des taking a back/side seat.

Hasler has inadvertently strengthened the club by leaving. The board and Constitution is being overhauled as a result of his actions. If he had chosen to sign on earlier in the year we would have a regretful and bitter leader and as a consequence future poor results may have seen him take the blame and booted without any of the internal issues being addressed.

This whole scenario could be a blessing in disguise.

Acceptance, love, joy and courage is Manly.

I'd rather Hasler took his 'under the radar' stuff with him when he goes. I think that has cost us dearly with sponsorship. I'd like the club to be out there promoting the brand and get us clearly 'on the radar'. Manly forever.

manlyslam said:
Hasler has inadvertently strengthened the club by leaving. The board and Constitution is being overhauled as a result of his actions.

I agree with the silver lining idea, but I'm not convinced it was inadvertent.

Up until the hate started a couple of weeks ago - if you had asked anyone in the land who was the most important personality in the Manly camp, there would only have been one answer. I've no doubt he too was aware of his standing - and he believes a change is needed for the club to survive and move forward.

He'd tried everything else over an extended period of time. Maybe pulling the pin was his last play. It was a gamble, and even if successful it would mean the club would go forward without him being there. And he would wear a lot of personal grief to bring about the result (as we see daily here with all the traitor calls, etc).

Bit like Bruce Willis in Armageddon :angel: but on a smaller scale (and with a much softer landing …)

Nice try Seaeaglerock8. But no, Hasler isn't the victim here, and he's no martyr, laying down his career at manly for the good of the club. Next you'll be comparing him with Jesus Christ. He got a good offer and went for it, end of story. And yes, he deserves being pilloried on this site. He let the fans down, and wasn't completely honest about it.

DSM5 said:
I'd rather Hasler took his 'under the radar' stuff with him when he goes. I think that has cost us dearly with sponsorship. I'd like the club to be out there promoting the brand and get us clearly 'on the radar'. Manly forever.

And then have an EA-18 Growler lock onto that radar, whilst it's active, and take it out with a AGM-88 HARM (High-speed Anti-Radiation Missile).

SeaEagleRock8 said:
manlyslam said:
Hasler has inadvertently strengthened the club by leaving. The board and Constitution is being overhauled as a result of his actions.

I agree with the silver lining idea, but I'm not convinced it was inadvertent.

Up until the hate started a couple of weeks ago - if you had asked anyone in the land who was the most important personality in the Manly camp, there would only have been one answer. I've no doubt he too was aware of his standing - and he believes a change is needed for the club to survive and move forward.

He'd tried everything else over an extended period of time. Maybe pulling the pin was his last play. It was a gamble, and even if successful it would mean the club would go forward without him being there. And he would wear a lot of personal grief to bring about the result (as we see daily here with all the traitor calls, etc).

Bit like Bruce Willis in Armageddon :angel: but on a smaller scale (and with a much softer landing …)

DSM is right here. If Des had left on his own, then I'd agree. He's taking people with him so no, he's no martyr out there to save the club from itself. He's stabbed us in the back to get more money for the junior ranks so he can feel safe. He was never going to get that at Manly so he went somewhere where he could.

In Des's mind, for him to compete with Bellemy and Bennett he needs cash. Unfortunately what he doesn't realise is that, even with the bare minimum in cash, he was still able to eclipse both of them, which is what makes him better than them. Now he's going to be lowering himself to their level just to prove something. What? I don't know because he could have done all of that here.

I bet this has been planned since last year. I was wondering all year why our Toyota Cup ranks and NSW Cup ranks weren't as good a they have been previously. It's like as if Cleal knew this was going to happen at some point and he was slowing down the recruitment process so that we had nothing coming through when he left.

its plain stupidity is what it is,

get a grip, or grab a rope and go looking for a tree.

Our lower grades have done poorly because of a year long conspiracy by Crusher? That will do me, I'm putting on the tin-foil hat.

ManlyBacker said:
Our lower grades have done poorly because of a year long conspiracy by Crusher? That will do me, I'm putting on the tin-foil hat.

The NYC team is a younger team then the other teams so size would be different.
The NSW Cup team is a patched together team that was put together at the last moment and not forgetting not spending the cap

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6