Silent Achievers

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

MK Eagle

Bencher
Anyone out there who has been pleasantly suprised by the Seaeagles depth because i certainly am. Originally thought Mauro,Robinson were liabilities but have held their own in all recent games - not superstars but do the hard yards most dont enjoy & consistantly well. The more obvious success stories are the young halves ect but these Mauro, Robinson types are unsung heroes who deserve credit for some tough uncomprimising football allowing the big guns to shine - well done boys.....

I've always liked him. Des has brought him along slowly, and now he's a very good grunt go-forward sort of player. A Nood clone. It's interesting that some of the players who couldn't wait to go to supposedly greener pastures, have crashed and burnt.

Mauro has been great. I'm not going to knock what he's done this year. However, I still would liked to have seen his increase in minutes the last few weeks go to Buhrer. Worked out OK last week when Choc got injured though. I just think long term, in a full strength setup, Buhrer is more likely to be in our top 17 than Mauro.

If Choc has to have a rest for a week and miss the Panthers game, I'd like to see Lussick start in the run on side. From what ive heard he has good footwork for a big guy and a good offload in him. The couple of times he played NRL he's been more of a go forward guy in the front row rotation

EagleRock40 said:
If Choc has to have a rest for a week and miss the Panthers game, I'd like to see Lussick start in the run on side. From what ive heard he has good footwork for a big guy and a good offload in him. The couple of times he played NRL he's been more of a go forward guy in the front row rotation
Have seen a bit of Lussick & he definately has the ability to bend the line & create 2nd phase plays but have no doubt Des has given him a role & he is doing his job well. There was a guy named Cuthbo that had a great offload but abused his role & tried to pop the ball in crazy situations often turning the ball over forcing Des to leave him out. Lussick will show the skills - just being brought along nicely imo &.....can hit.

MK Eagle said:
EagleRock40 said:
Have seen a bit of Lussick & he definately has the ability to bend the line & create 2nd phase plays but have no doubt Des has given him a role & he is doing his job well. There was a guy named Cuthbo that had a great offload but abused his role & tried to pop the ball in crazy situations often turning the ball over forcing Des to leave him out. Lussick will show the skills - just being brought along nicely imo &.....can hit.

Agree, I saw a bit of him when he was in the 20's and he had a great offload and they always seemed to hit the mark, he didn't over do it as did Cuthbo. Dessy would be letting him get used to NRL, I reckon next season we'll start to see him play his natural game.

Mauro, IMO is a "Mr Reliable" type player, somewhat like Rodney but probably more like Bryant. Fully Lussick will be the next "big star" from a forward perspective and Des is a crafty coach in bringing these guys through, as we all know.

To thow a spanner in, so to speak, T-Rex is still in his very early 20's and really has been a "work in progress" by Des. So really he is being groomed too! Huge Potential we we already have seen glimpses of............He will get there!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6