1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Signings

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Copa Eagle, Sep 9, 2010.

1. Copa Eagle

Copa Eagle Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0
    Over people whinging about no signatues. There will be none for next year, weve just resigned a fair few players, although some have not formally signed. We have young players coming up that can fill the voids. Although we have lost some forwards over the years we still look strong. its now for the years of retaining the juniors ! But for those that dont want that, next year is baileys last year of a 3 year deal, that will free up loads of money for a nice young forward !

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Joe G, Cross and kite's contracts are also up at the end of 2011 and I doubt that any of them will be renewed.

3. mosto

mosto Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +992 / 10
    In that case I think we should make a big play at either Luke Douglas or Kade Snowden from the Sharks or Tim Mannah from the Eels. All are of contract after 2011. Otherwise, look at ESL and see if we can find another Burgess.

4. bob dylan

bob dylan Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Junee
    Ratings:
    +4,401 / 130
    We shouldnt settle for second best and go after Matt Scott, Shillington or Snowden if they are off contract.

Great Props = Premierships

Maybe there is a tough pommy who would like a couple of years down under like Ellis or Burgess.

5. Ralphie

Ralphie Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Bredbo
    Ratings:
    +2,093 / 231
    Sam Burgess has a brother who is apparently Ok

6. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,083 / 284
    Same as T-Rex, and that will certainly be an interesting one...

7. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Sam Burgess has a brother who is apparently Ok
    [/quote]

He has 3 brothers..

8. The Eagle

The Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +480 / 0
    Lets nab them all!!! 3 Burgess pack!!!

9. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,083 / 284
    That would excite George. 3 Burger pack...close to it anyways.

10. deadlyeagle

deadlyeagle Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0
    Out of that lot I would only resign Kite but on $200k - $250k per season which is fair. I think T.Williams is comming of contract at the end of next, now that will be an interesting dicision.

11. Stiffi

Stiffi Active Member 2016 Tipping Competitor 2015 Tipping Competitor

I've heard we will be buying Cutho back for the 2012 season on a base $55K wage

12. Rambo1987

Rambo1987 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +212 / 2
    Manly will have to keep him - they have put alot work into him since he left the Eels and potentially he could be any thing.

Kade Snowden and Tim Mannah are NSW reps and the money to get them will be overs and that means cutting more players to get them.  

13. Rambo1987

Rambo1987 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +212 / 2
    So we are getting a reserve grade team in NSW Cup

14. The Who

The Who Well-Known Member

Mona Vale
    Ratings:
    +4,836 / 103
    So we are getting a reserve grade team in NSW Cup
    [/quote]
    I would rather have Cuthbo than Cross, Bailey and Seu Seu. The way George is playing he'd also be in reserve grade.

15. Fro

Fro Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +245 / 0
    well then you are an idiot.

have you seen the garbage Cuthbo dished up this year, or the last 3 years for that matter

16. mosto

mosto Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +992 / 10
    Kade Snowden and Tim Mannah are NSW reps and the money to get them will be overs and that means cutting more players to get them. 
    [/quote]

That's why I'd be inclined to have a crack at Douglas. Better than Snowden IMO but may not have to pay the re player 'mark-up'.

17. The Who

The Who Well-Known Member

Mona Vale
    Ratings:
    +4,836 / 103
    No, I don;t watch Cronulla, only Manly, and I watched him come through the system for 3-4 years and he had fantastic talent. He was terrific in his first season in our top grade. Obviously has not capitalised on his talent, but I haven't given up on him, and if he can be lured back for just $55,000 then it's a worthwhile investment.

I am also enlightened to learn that anybody who has an opinion contrary to yours is an 'idiot'. 

18. Kiwi Eagle

Kiwi Eagle Moderator Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    James Graham is looking to come to the NRL in 2012

19. Jatz Crackers

Jatz Crackers Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,242 / 7
    I think its more accurate to say Cuthbo was terrific in parts only that year. In any case we should look forward not revisit the past.

20. King

King Active Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 3
    T is only 21. People are forgetting how young he is. This kid will be a superstar.