Signings

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Copa Eagle

Reserve Grader
Over people whinging about no signatues. There will be none for next year, weve just resigned a fair few players, although some have not formally signed. We have young players coming up that can fill the voids. Although we have lost some forwards over the years we still look strong. its now for the years of retaining the juniors ! But for those that dont want that, next year is baileys last year of a 3 year deal, that will free up loads of money for a nice young forward !

Joe G, Cross and kite's contracts are also up at the end of 2011 and I doubt that any of them will be renewed.

In that case I think we should make a big play at either Luke Douglas or Kade Snowden from the Sharks or Tim Mannah from the Eels. All are of contract after 2011. Otherwise, look at ESL and see if we can find another Burgess.

We shouldnt settle for second best and go after Matt Scott, Shillington or Snowden if they are off contract.

Great Props = Premierships

Maybe there is a tough pommy who would like a couple of years down under like Ellis or Burgess.

mosto link said:
In that case I think we should make a big play at either Luke Douglas or Kade Snowden from the Sharks or Tim Mannah from the Eels. All are of contract after 2011. Otherwise, look at ESL and see if we can find another Burgess.

Sam Burgess has a brother who is apparently Ok

tookey link said:
Joe G, Cross and kite's contracts are also up at the end of 2011 and I doubt that any of them will be renewed.

Same as T-Rex, and that will certainly be an interesting one...

Ralphie link said:
[quote author=mosto link=topic=185197.msg292495#msg292495 date=1283994769]

Sam Burgess has a brother who is apparently Ok
[/quote]

He has 3 brothers..

Out of that lot I would only resign Kite but on $200k - $250k per season which is fair. I think T.Williams is comming of contract at the end of next, now that will be an interesting dicision.

deadlyeagle link said:
Out of that lot I would only resign Kite but on $200k - $250k per season which is fair. I think T.Williams is comming of ccantract at the end of next, now that will eb an interesting dicision.

Manly will have to keep him - they have put alot work into him since he left the Eels and potentially he could be any thing.

Kade Snowden and Tim Mannah are NSW reps and the money to get them will be overs and that means cutting more players to get them.  

Rambo1987 link said:
[quote author=Stiffi link=topic=185197.msg292531#msg292531 date=1284000595]
I've heard we will be buying Cutho back for the 2012 season on a base $55K wage

So we are getting a reserve grade team in NSW Cup
[/quote]
I would rather have Cuthbo than Cross, Bailey and Seu Seu. The way George is playing he'd also be in reserve grade.

well then you are an idiot.

have you seen the garbage Cuthbo dished up this year, or the last 3 years for that matter

Kade Snowden and Tim Mannah are NSW reps and the money to get them will be overs and that means cutting more players to get them. 
[/quote]

That's why I'd be inclined to have a crack at Douglas. Better than Snowden IMO but may not have to pay the re player 'mark-up'.

Fro link said:
well then you are an idiot.

have you seen the garbage Cuthbo dished up this year, or the last 3 years for that matter

No, I don;t watch Cronulla, only Manly, and I watched him come through the system for 3-4 years and he had fantastic talent. He was terrific in his first season in our top grade. Obviously has not capitalised on his talent, but I haven't given up on him, and if he can be lured back for just $55,000 then it's a worthwhile investment.

I am also enlightened to learn that anybody who has an opinion contrary to yours is an 'idiot'. 

Barry Hyland link said:
No, I don;t watch Cronulla, only Manly, and I watched him come through the system for 3-4 years and he had fantastic talent. He was terrific in his first season in our top grade.

I think its more accurate to say Cuthbo was terrific in parts only that year. In any case we should look forward not revisit the past.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6