Signing a coach with basically no first grade experience.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Are you fair dinkum? "rep footy background"... Country Origin & Italy!!! I know a lot of people on the forum want to defend the bloke but let's at least have an honest discussion. He has zero relevant experience and is a political pick. No one except the Penns and their sock puppet, Bozo could genuinely say he is a better option than Toovey.

Hot tip: Barrett to be gone by round 8 and Bozo to have parachuted in Scott and/or Brett.
Yeah right Meat head
laughing_and_pointing_emoticon_312207.jpg

Wonder how a team would go without a coach? All the players know their positions, couldn't the captain sort out tactics and a few moves?

I'd love to do an experiment to find out. I wonder if the coaches that say the least and don't interfere get better results.

Is Bartlett and his team of about half a dozen assistants overthinking everything and confusing our players?

From today -

“I do have confidence in the players. They are preparing really well and their attitude is good. That is all you can ask,’’ Barrett said.

No Boyo, you can ask that they prepare brilliantly, that their attitude can't be faulted, AND THEY BLOODY WELL WIN!

Trent, Trent, Trent .... try not being quite so soft, you might find you'll like it.

It's not so much that we have lost the first two games. It's how bad we have looked in both games.

The Tiges while brilliant in attack were pretty ordinary in d however we were so much worse in both facets than them and it showed on the scoreboard.

We just look completely inept with and without the ball and seem to have no structure. Our forwards also seem very slow without the physicality we would expect except for Kapow, Lawrence and Jake. We also seem to lack team spirit.

Add to the above Barrets strange selections and his sacking of local juniors like Gutherson as well as loyal clubman like Ballin and Hiku in the off season and that is why fans are starting to have concerns over him.

If we had lost to both the dogs and tigers in tight ones but defended like we used to and looked like a team on the improve then no one would be worried. Instead we just look so far off the pace that it poses some massive questions.

Anyway it's only round 2 so a lot can change.

Last edited:
It's not so much that we have lost the first two games. It's how bad we have looked in both games.

The Tiges while brilliant in attack were pretty ordinary in d however we were so much worse in both facets than them and it showed on the scoreboard.

We just look completely inept with and without the ball and seem to have no structure. Our forwards also seem very slow without the physicality wea would expect except for Kapow, Lawrence and Jake. We also seem to lack team spirit.

Add to the above Barrets strange selections and his sacking of local juniors like Gutherson as well as loyal clubman like Ballin and Hiku in the off season and that is why fans are starting to have concerns over him.

If we had lost to both the dogs and tigers in tight ones but defended like we used to and looked like a team on the improve then no one would be worried. Instead we just look so far off the pace that it poses some massive questions.

Anyway it's only round 2 so a lot can change.
That senile old fart bozo is doing the hiring and firing. Can't blame it on Baz.. I suspect he's probably picking the team as well. Fkn ludicrous..

Did green win a comp in his first year after dropping the first 4 games?
Round 1 Roosters 28 Cowboys 4
Round 2 Knights 16 Cowboys 14
Round 3 Broncos 44 Cowboys 22
They won Round 4 by one point against the Storm

The thing that puzzles me is that in the pre-season, Barrett went with guys like Parcell, Mateo, T-Red etc and we went very well (considering the level of opposition we played). But then as soon as the season starts in comes Brown who played no pre-season minutes, same with Koroisau, and for some reason Green suddenly went from a backup centre three-quarter to a starting second rower.

And things turned to $hit rather quickly.

Tis a shame he's immortal. He's fkin the team and our culture.. Should piss off an retire a leave it to someone with experience post 1980..
The Immortal one Started and is our culture . Won us our fist title in 1972 and 73 and 76 as player and coached us to victories in 1987 and 1996 . The Immortal was involved in 5 out of our 8 Premiership wins. The immortals desciple Hasler who he coached won our other two in 2008 and 2011.
The Great Fulton has already been Immortalised and needs no other endorsement
p-69-00.jpg

Last edited:
Wonder how a team would go without a coach? All the players know their positions, couldn't the captain sort out tactics and a few moves?

I'd love to do an experiment to find out. I wonder if the coaches that say the least and don't interfere get better results.

Is Bartlett and his team of about half a dozen assistants overthinking everything and confusing our players?
That experiment has already happened. It was called North Sydney. Jason Taylor being the coach and copping a punched to the face has a history long before his South sydney days.

Last edited:
The thing that puzzles me is that in the pre-season, Barrett went with guys like Parcell, Mateo, T-Red etc and we went very well (considering the level of opposition we played). But then as soon as the season starts in comes Brown who played no pre-season minutes, same with Koroisau, and for some reason Green suddenly went from a backup centre three-quarter to a starting second rower.

And things turned to $hit rather quickly.
Round 3 against the sharks might sort out the puzzle for all of us.

I'm a bit of an insomniac so tonight I've been reading a few fan forums to get their reaction to how things currently are here at Manly.

In almost every post I have seen its been the same story and it basically mirrors what we've been saying on here.

* Green is not a back rower and beside that should not be anywhere near first grade.
* Koroisau should not be in first grade and Parcell should be our hooker with Brown and Ferris (when fit) his back ups if needed.
* Myles is a flop as a club player.
* Barrett is out of his depth as a first grade coach and the Penn's right royally stuffed up in sacking Tooves.
* A lot of the blame is also being put on Bozo.

When opposition fans are basically seeing the same things we are........@:eek:

Oh, and shock horror most also hate DCE with a passion and they're laughing because us losing is making him look bad.

Last edited:
You may well be right, but a lot of good people are calling him a good thing . I am prepared to give him a go. As @Ralphie says he failed his first test (selections) and he may well fail a few more, but I have a feeling (gut only) that he will learn and become an outstanding coach.

When most commentators and ex players talk about TB a common thread is his character. He will need every bit of it, as the posters on this forum calling for his public flogging after two games shows, it aint an easy jig.
I have never experienced so powerfully what I experienced when I saw the team list for round 1. I was completely overwhelmed with an all encompassing sensation of oh no, this bloke really has no idea. My gut feeling grows stronger each day that TB is a complete and utter DUD and that this will all end in tears.

I stand by the opinion that the squad is a very strong squad, which in the hands of Hasler for example would be easily top 4. I have a strong sense of impending disaster that I just can't shake.

I desperately hope I'm wrong, but I don't think I am.

He was an assistant from 2012 until last year when it was confirmed he was coming...in addition to his rep footy background (country and Italy)

Unless you want to dig out Brian Smith it is pretty difficult to get a first grade coach...at least a successful one to come on board

we already had one! .... but we were in such a hurry to replace him .... if we (Bozo), had waited and looked around a Bellamy/Hassler type coach may have be able to be negotiated ...Bozo is like a dude on speed

The Immortal one Started and is our culture . Won us our fist title in 1972 and 73 and 76 as player and coached us to victories in 1987 and 1996 . The Immortal was involved in 5 out of our 8 Premiership wins. The immortals desciple Hasler who he coached won our other two in 2008 and 2011.
The Great Fulton has already been Immortalised and needs no other endorsement
View attachment 3341

... then maybe he should have made a comeback as a coach ... as a selector /recruiter he is crap!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6