Sideline Eye / Ryan / Corso Pete

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
In light of Corso Petes response I have questions.

Does this mean I can recall my peacekeeping troops ?

Can the UN get back to being asleep at the wheel again ?

Will Dan ever get his fill of pies and attention ?

Will Ryan accept the olive branch (even if some of the leaves on it were dried up)

it is impossible for Dan to get his fill of attention

We all know the answer to that is NO!!!!!!

now all bow down and lavish attention on me

erm........ Here's my take.

I've had a fair bit to do with defamation. Interestingly it was me investigating it with regard to what someone said about my employer as opposed to me being in the hot water.

Australia's defamation laws are very strict when compared with the USA where there is greater protection of freedom of speech. In Australia even truth is not a defence.

In laymans terms, defamation coudl be found when "someone's standing is negatively affected in the eyes of his peers."

I did not see the post in question before it was deleted and therefore can't really comment as to whether it was defamatory. Here are some things that should be considered though:

1. Ryan feels he has been defamed.
2. Corso Pete is adament that it was not defamatory.
3. It seems to me as though Corso may have asked a rhetorical question about professionalism rather than made a direct statement - this would be in his favour.
4. I know where Ryan and Corso both work. Corso Pete is probably well placed to ask rhetorical questions of Ryan's profession - I suspect it's something he does in the course of his daily work!
5. Given that a rhetorical question was asked and that Ryan's peers would probably differ as to whether his professional integrity were called into question, I suggest this would be a VERY contentious case.

Given that defamation law is amongst the most expensive to pursue, I suspect Ryan would not get much change from $20,000 for an initial preparation of a brief by a defamation barrister. A week in court and both would be looking at costs in the six figure range.

I suspect that common sense would overcome Ryan a long time before it reached that stage - in other words even if there was a slight I still very much doubt that Ryan would consider it so grevious that he'd be prepared to pay the emotional and financial cost required to pursue it.

I suspect that Corso would be willing to apologise long before it got to that stage too and I think it unlikely that Ryan would see fit to press for damages - nor would the court grant it given that it is very unlikely that Ryan could prove any great duress to his career.

Thus I suspect that 4 threads have been wasted debating a hypothetical question gentlemen!

For mine I think it very unlikely that ryan, Pete and I wouldn't be able to get together for a beer when I make the long trip down from Dubbo for a game next year.

Carry on.

I want the matter to be put to rest. But there was no question matas

The words were to the effect of

<comment edited out>

that is clear cut defamation, that is why i replied happily announcing that Ryan is my personal banker and I have a loan through him

There is a part of me that can see Corso Pete's point of view.

However, in the interests of moving on, we can have that chat over a beer some day, not in cyberspace!

ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzz !!!!!!!!!!!!

Could someone please wake me up on Saturday March 11 , 2006.

You guys should really sort out your differences by PM rather than involving hundreds of others that have zero interest in your argument.

Ryan , your employer ( & my ex employer ) have no connection with the football team/club anymore. Therefore , I'm confused about your proposed deal that is supposed to benefit the club.

I also don't understand how you find so much time during your working day to spend countless hours posting on this website.

I know it's the off-season , but let's all get along & talk about more interesting topics.

No offence to anyone intended.

Just realised Fluffy said 100 not 1000, maybe its not me that needs glasses Fluff :)

Fro - suggest you look at your original post, it too says 100 not 1000 hence the glasses to see the extra zero call.

but no harm done :lol2:

ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzz !!!!!!!!!!!!

Could someone please wake me up on Saturday March 11 , 2006.

You guys should really sort out your differences by PM rather than involving hundreds of others that have zero interest in your argument.

Ryan , your employer ( & my ex employer ) have no connection with the football team/club anymore. Therefore , I'm confused about your proposed deal that is supposed to benefit the club.

I also don't understand how you find so much time during your working day to spend countless hours posting on this website.

I know it's the off-season , but let's all get along & talk about more interesting topics.

No offence to anyone intended.
Finally a piece of sanity in all the inanity. Without picking on any individual for comments, these sorts of inflamations are daily fare and part of why I visit so rarely recently. And yes, I know where the door is - :)

[quote author=Fro]
Just realised Fluffy said 100 not 1000, maybe its not me that needs glasses Fluff :)

Fro - suggest you look at your original post, it too says 100 not 1000 hence the glasses to see the extra zero call.

but no harm done :lol2:
[/quote]

You got me there Fluff, Ive got nothing, didnt even notice my typo. 8|

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4