1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Side v Cowboys

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by The Wheel, Mar 1, 2007.

1. The Wheel

The Wheel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,766 / 72
    It looks as though des has shown his hand for the first game. Willo at lock and Lyon at 5/8. The battle for positions will be on the bench.

Burns or Ballin (1 only)
    Rose/Bryant/Hall (2 only)
    Stewart

2. byso

byso Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 0
    Stewart, Robertson, Bell, Matai, Hicks, Lyon, Orford, Williamson, Menzies, Watmough, King, Monaghan, Kite. Bench: Rose, Bryant, Burns, Ballin, Bani, Stewart, Hall

This is our full team
    Will Menzies play Lock? and still no angry smurf

3. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,624 / 132
    i noticed in the terror that it was glen Stuart.

It does appear that lyon will start at 5/8 and willo lock with stewy2 on the bench with bryant, rose and burns.

One advantage to burns on the bench is hey can create cover for all backs well. Ie he can play hooker/half/5/8, lyon can move to the centres if needed, bells can play wing and hicks can play fullback. None of these players would be hugely out of position, that is something i like. The downside is Ballin - he is gorne if he doesnt get a decent crack at it in the first half of the season. At least with willow starting he can tackle like a mongrel whilst the props do the hard yards in attack, then Stewy2 can come on and offer better attack later in the match. If it were the other way around it would have no merrit at all.

4. Nutzcraw

Nutzcraw Active Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Wheel has it spot on by the looks of it. It's either Burns or Ballin.

Looks as though Des wants to try and find a spot for Michael Bani too.. what's his preferred position??

5. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,624 / 132
  6. Disco

Disco Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,233 / 37
    i think Bani is there just to get a bit more experience, in case injuries hit later in the season and we need to call him up

7. Matabele

Matabele Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
    Good analysis.

I do wonder however if Ballin isn't also in the frame as a second rower. He did spend time there in PL in the past?

8. The Wheel

Ratings:
    +1,766 / 72
    Agree with Ballin being able to cover a number of postions in the forwards, something he did do in P/L.

Also Monas could be under the pump if he doesn't perfrom early in the season

9. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,624 / 132
    he covered in in PL but was never a stand out in the games i saw when he played second row, i seriously doubt he would have any penetration in first grade. He is a genuine hooker not in the young/riddel shape or size.

10. Matabele

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
    We do realise that, as Wheel suggests, this imbalance is caused largely by us having the most expensive hooker in the comp and feeling obliged to play him.

11. Jatz Crackers

Jatz Crackers Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,242 / 7
    I would have thought the rumour mill would have already been well under way suggesting Monas to UK or another club.

12. Matabele

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
    Been tried before. Obviously noone wants him.

13. Stuey Davis Socks

Stuey Davis Socks Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +179 / 3
    I've heard Dubbo CYMS are interested !pray: .

14. Nutzcraw

Nutzcraw Active Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    It's a good dilemma to have.

I hope we get a chance to see what he has to offer (i've never seen ballin play) if i do get to have a good look at him i'll make up my mind who i would prefer out of Monas/Burns/Ballin.

At the moment i'm happy with Monas/Burns.. but also don't want to see this bloke go to another club if he has the potential some of you believe he has.

15. byso

byso Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 0
    So everyone is now resigned to the fact Lyon we play 5/8 most of the season ;)

16. Garts

Garts Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +672 / 18
    I really want to see Ballin and Burns given ago at hooker in NRL. I think Burns will be outstanding in that position, some will say he is an out and out half and should not be moved but I dont believe he is creative enough to be a half in the NRL and the best hookers running around are all converted halfbacks.

17. Matabele

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
    He could buy a five bedroom mansion in Keswick Estate with one year of his annual salary!

18. Stuey Davis Socks

Stuey Davis Socks Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +179 / 3
    How about some free pizzas to seal the deal

19. Matabele

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
    We do gourmet. Too classy for Monas.

20. The Wheel