Side named for this weekend

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Nowhere near enough firepower on that bench we have lost a lot of size and power with Joe, Ritchie and King out, Saints forwards will chew us up. Agreed with others Tonga to center Rose and Tom to bench.

We have enough grunt, but we'll beat them with the speed of our play. Look for Gift and Killer to start to rekindle their combo.

Esi Tonga worries me.
Even on his very best day, he's an average player. He'll be targeted by the Dragons for sure.

you have to take into consideration the additional player the dragqueen will be able to field - 2x refs, 2x touchies, 2x v refs - it is going to be tough

I like the Symonds/Taufua combo. They only played half a match against Newcastle but combined well to score a late try. Symonds is a very sound defender , a very strong runner, and has some ball skills. Positionally he was sound (unlike when Whare played centre against the Raiders last year). There's no bigger liability than a centre who gets lost in defence (remember when T-Rex played there ?)

Don't be surprised if David Gower lifts against his old team . He was making the ball available last time he played and was looking somewhat dangerous in attack .

So big Georgie looks like getting run, I will be interest to see how he goes. Hopefully as good as his return to 1st grade last year. If he does play no doubt KE will mess up his pants.

Garts said:
So big Georgie looks like getting run, I will be interest to see how he goes. Hopefully as good as his return to 1st grade last year. If he does play no doubt KE will mess up his pants.

This is going to be an interesting sub-plot in the game. I have been bagging him. Lets see if he can lift and prove some of us wrong.

Kiwi Eagle said:
Why is that Garts, Because I haven't been bagging him all year and written him off ? ;) lol

You love the big fella, it is clear to see. I think you have a fatty fetish ;)

Just kidding, hope the big fella gets a run and has a blinder and tramples Soward.

Haha I do hope he goes well and cements his slot coz I think he can offer plenty to the side

To see him go really well in that All Stars game and then not even be close to being used by us has been weird

Wishing big george the best. He will bent their defensive line for sure. Tipping a win off the back of his strong go-forward.

He's always had that. I just hope his go-backward (to re-set for defence)is to Toovey's satisfaction.

Rose is fast at getting up for the play the ball and that could help the team this week- if he's up to it.

Got a funny feeling Snake won't play this weekend. Watched him closely on Friday night and I think he pulled his hammy again towards the end. Could be wrong but that was my impression.

The Insomniac said:
Got a funny feeling Snake won't play this weekend. Watched him closely on Friday night and I think he pulled his hammy again towards the end. Could be wrong but that was my impression.

This is why Hiku is on the bench.

globaleagle said:
Least important game of the year.

I'm not even going to go.

Disagree-I think it very important with the rooters the week after-
No side wants to drop 2 games and as much as I hate it-the feather dusters can play
Even the best confidence can waver 0-3

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7