Sick of these refs evening up the game

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
We get out to 30-6, and all of a sudden we can't get another call, no surprise we can't get a roll on after that point

Sandow was right in Farrar's space, he touched his arm, can see how it could be 50/50 I suppose, but should have been a penalty. They drop the ball cold, penalty and they score, and all of a sudden game on. We then see Galuvao knock the ball 2m backwards, knock on. We didn't see a penalty in the last 30mins that I can recall either

Having said all that, still a worrying sign or 2 but all in all, it is another step forward in the comp and another win away from home.

1 thing that disappointed me was the Foran kick in the 65th minute. We should have learnt last week about closing out a match. It should have been rolled into the in goal, instead he took a low percentage play to Robbo that didn't pay off.

Farrar was good at the back, baring the 1 drop near the end with that little wanker screaming in his face. Was a nice play for the kick through try. Robbo was strong all over the park today, as was Tony. Matai outstanding again
today. Nothing really went Lyon's way

Halves solid, Hodkinson looked more decisive today

Pack was outstanding, shame King missed that tackle because he led with aggression and I thought was our best, along with Perry and Cross. Lots of work for Stewart again, watmough solid

Liked Galuvao being on in the closing stages, felt a lot more solid

Bring on the Dragons next weekend !!

Kiwi Eagle link said:
We get out to 30-6, and all of a sudden we can't get another call, no surprise we can't get a roll on after that point

Sandow was right in Farrar's space, he touched his arm, can see how it could be 50/50 I suppose, but should have been a penalty. They drop the ball cold, penalty and they score, and all of a sudden game on. We then see Galuvao knock the ball 2m backwards, knock on. We didn't see a penalty in the last 30mins that I can recall either

Having said all that, still a worrying sign or 2 but all in all, it is another step forward in the comp and another win away from home.

1 thing that disappointed me was the Foran kick in the 65th minute. We should have learnt last week about closing out a match. It should have been rolled into the in goal, instead he took a low percentage play to Robbo that didn't pay off.

Farrar was good at the back, baring the 1 drop near the end with that little wanker screaming in his face. Was a nice play for the kick through try. Robbo was strong all over the park today, as was Tony. Matai outstanding again

Pack was outstanding, shame King missed that tackle because he led with aggression and I thought was our best, along with Perry and Cross. Lots of work for Stewart again, watmough solid

From that 1st game against the Tigs I have felt that it was a directive for the refs to keep losing teams in the games this year. I don't have much opportunity to watch other games, not sure if it is occurring in all games, definitely is occurring in Manly games IMO.

Farrar didn't really look interested in contesting that ball, which is a worry (he looked about as interested in catching it as Sandow did). I think they only put pressure on him twice out of all the bombs and he struggled with both of them, luckily the rest were too deep. But some of the other calls were BS, the Gnu's knock on along with the cold drop that they called a strip on Kite (??). Rubbish.

TokyoEagle link said:
[quote author=Kiwi Eagle link=topic=183211.msg261318#msg261318 date=1272783523]

From that 1st game against the Tigs I have felt that it was a directive for the refs to keep losing teams in the games this year. I don't have much opportunity to watch other games, not sure if it is occurring in all games, definitely is occurring in Manly games IMO.

[/quote]

Is happening in most games, Andrew Johns said after about week 2 or 3 he heard the refs asking the video ref what the penalty count was which shouldn't happen

I've heard the refs ask "what's the count" also and on the weekend in one of the games the ref said to the captain "that's five now". There's no doubt that they are kept aware of the count and if that's the case then sub consciously it would be hard to block the urge to not let it get too lopsided.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6