Sick of the negativity

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Where do you think we will finish by season ends

• 6-8th position

Votes: 29 42.6%
  • 9-12 th position

Votes: 18 26.5%
  • 12-14 th position

Votes: 11 16.2%
  • 15-16 th position

Votes: 5 7.4%
  • 1st- 5th

Votes: 5 7.4%

• Total voters
I'm sick of your negativity.....If you are looking for some positivity why isn't there a category where we may finish above 6th place.The negativity here by fans is far worse than the negativity shown from our club.
Remember people, it's a game....
Change your name to 'full penn'. Empty penn is too negative.

We may make the eight, by just scraping in. But we just dont have the forwards to seriously challenge. Actually not sure our backs are gonna get thru the rest of the season injury free, due to the extra pressure being placed upon them by the lack-lustre forwards.

There is a difference between "TRYING to win" and "WANTING to win".
If everybody in our team believes that they WANT to win, and that they CAN win, then they will win. No matter how small the forwards are. And, we will win the GF.
How many of our fill-in players see themselves as just that - a fill-in? If they develop an attitude that says " I am a First Grader in the top team in the comp, and this position is MINE", how would things change? - The power of positive thinking.

Last edited:
I have seen enough this year to say that we can beat any team we want to and most teams if the injury gods look widely on us from now on in.

You also need to look at the opposition, if the injury gods hit them then they will struggle, souffs cant win a thing without their halfback right now for example.

There is a difference between "TRYING to win" and "WANTING to win".
If everybody in our team believes that they WANT to win, and that they CAN win, then they will win. And, we will win the GF.
How many of our fill-in players see themselves as just that - a fill-in? If they develop an attitude that says " I am a First Grader in the top team in the comp, and this position is MINE", how would things change? - The power of positive thinking.
Pretty fair summary, still feel when a player steps into any NRL side its what I call an opportunity - this should be enough to push them to an absolute peak performance.
I agree with the belief factor & confidence that go's with, this combined with that extra enthusiasm of showing you have what it takes....you are correct in some earlier games as apart from young Tom, many looked a little uncomfortable.
On the flip side, the contagous winning attitude against Storm shows what happens when players feed off the positive energy shown by the established players - as you stated - belief...

Enough is Enough , so sick of the negativity on this forum.

Yes we have seen the following over the last 2 years or so:

Loss of club legends & and not resigning some of them ( Gifty)

Loss of 2 international half backs

10 year Goldern reign probably ending

Disfunctional inept board and management at the moment who are destroying this club with there own self driven ego's/ agenda's

NRL which wants nothing more than us to crumble into a pile of .....

NRL who will change the rules only when we won't benefit from them ( ie one club player 10 + years salary cap concessions)

Team which is ageing
Team with the weakest looking forward pack in years
Team fractures

No funding which has been promised leaving Brookvale oval below standards

All of this happening around us and where we are on the ladder nothing will stop myself from supporting this club and team I love- so glad my Dad choose to take me down to Brookvale oval to support manly and made me a manly tragic - everyone says there club is the family club but manly truly is

This club has given me too
many memorable monents in my lifetime to ever consider not being a member - and I only have been alive since 1990

I know many of you bleed maroon and white more than myself and have been supporting much longer than I have but I say this is when we should be giving the boys even more support - that is excluding a certain player( FOZ)

Whatever your views are on 2V's he bleeds for this club and we should be behind him.

Yes we are in for some lean years but we will be back - only have to look over the past 10 years for proof of this after the northern Eagles days.

We cannot go any lower than where we are at the moment - we have too much talent to be bottom of the table .

Records are meant to be broken - no team has ever made the top 8 after starting the season 2/8 , why can not that be us who does break it!!

Probably at best 12-13 th finish this season but this is a funny Comp this year - a few wins and confidence will be return

Onward and upward I say

Manly Sea Eagles for Life

Sure the clubs great. The team is great. Management are great and the future is looking rosy. Everything is just great. Positive vibes everywhere. Great, great, great. Keep believing that. There is a big difference between being negative and being realistic. If you chose to believe in the tooth fairy more power to you.

Just because some of us are pissed of us with what is happening and want and need to vent somewhere like this web site doesn't mean that we aren't passionate Manly fans and aren't continuing to support the team. It just means we don't have our heads up our arse.

Sure the clubs great. The team is great. Management are great and the future is looking rosy. Everything is just great. Positive vibes everywhere. Great, great, great. Keep believing that. There is a big difference between being negative and being realistic. If you chose to believe in the tooth fairy more power to you.

Just because some of us are pissed of us with what is happening and want and need to vent somewhere like this web site doesn't mean that we aren't passionate Manly fans and aren't continuing to support the team. It just means we don't have our heads up our arse.
I get that, but the venting has been going on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on......................

When will you have considered you have vented enough?

What I want to know is why so many of the happy clapper brigade think that people being "negative" is consistent with no longer supporting the club?

Reality is that the lack of impact in the forwards, lack of interest shown by certain members of the senior playing group and an horrendous injury toll all adds up to the fact that wins are pretty hard to come by at the moment and for the foreseeable future. And that's without mentioning the off field shenanigans.

Does this realism make me negative?
Does thinking we might get beat mean that I want us to get beat?
Does saying I think we might get the spoon make you think I'll no longer go to games or renew my memberships? If so, why?
Do the "positive" people need to be positive because it's actually them whose loyalty would come into question if hard times persist?

Look at the list at the start of the thread. Only someone kidding themselves would think this is a situation to be positive about.

Regardless of that, you keep supporting the club. It's not an option to stop, no matter how bad things get. Your reward for that is that you get to call things out on how they really are when it's the time.

When I viewed the title I thought this thread will complain about all the doomsaying on the forum. Instead I copped another doomsayer's thread.

What I want to know is why so many of the happy clapper brigade think that people being "negative" is consistent with no longer supporting the club?

Reality is that the lack of impact in the forwards, lack of interest shown by certain members of the senior playing group and an horrendous injury toll all adds up to the fact that wins are pretty hard to come by at the moment and for the foreseeable future. And that's without mentioning the off field shenanigans.

Does this realism make me negative?
Does thinking we might get beat mean that I want us to get beat?
Does saying I think we might get the spoon make you think I'll no longer go to games or renew my memberships? If so, why?
Do the "positive" people need to be positive because it's actually them whose loyalty would come into question if hard times persist?

Look at the list at the start of the thread. Only someone kidding themselves would think this is a situation to be positive about.

Regardless of that, you keep supporting the club. It's not an option to stop, no matter how bad things get. Your reward for that is that you get to call things out on how they really are when it's the time.
Uhm, can you please point me in the direction of the post where someone said negative posters had stopped supporting the club?
I and others had pointed out that people have had their chance to vent, but after a month of venting it is possible that, just maybe, it's time to move on.

Uhm, can you please point me in the direction of the post where someone said negative posters had stopped supporting the club?
I and others had pointed out that people have had their chance to vent, but after a month of venting it is possible that, just maybe, it's time to move on.

This just my opinion but why should other members be telling other members when it's time 2 move on?

This is a Manly supporters forum it is not the PR arm of the club.

This just my opinion but why should other members be telling other members when it's time 2 move on?

This is a Manly supporters forum it is not the PR arm of the club.

Because it's also not an official feedback channel to the club and it's boring to keep reading the same whinging day after day for a solid month.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2