Sick of the negativity

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Where do you think we will finish by season ends

• 6-8th position

Votes: 29 42.6%
  • 9-12 th position

Votes: 18 26.5%
  • 12-14 th position

Votes: 11 16.2%
  • 15-16 th position

Votes: 5 7.4%
  • 1st- 5th

Votes: 5 7.4%

• Total voters

davohan123

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Enough is Enough , so sick of the negativity on this forum.

Yes we have seen the following over the last 2 years or so:

Loss of club legends & and not resigning some of them ( Gifty)

Loss of 2 international half backs

10 year Goldern reign probably ending

Disfunctional inept board and management at the moment who are destroying this club with there own self driven ego's/ agenda's

NRL which wants nothing more than us to crumble into a pile of .....

NRL who will change the rules only when we won't benefit from them ( ie one club player 10 + years salary cap concessions)

Team which is ageing
Team with the weakest looking forward pack in years
Team fractures

No funding which has been promised leaving Brookvale oval below standards

All of this happening around us and where we are on the ladder nothing will stop myself from supporting this club and team I love- so glad my Dad choose to take me down to Brookvale oval to support manly and made me a manly tragic - everyone says there club is the family club but manly truly is

This club has given me too
many memorable monents in my lifetime to ever consider not being a member - and I only have been alive since 1990

I know many of you bleed maroon and white more than myself and have been supporting much longer than I have but I say this is when we should be giving the boys even more support - that is excluding a certain player( FOZ)

Whatever your views are on 2V's he bleeds for this club and we should be behind him.

Yes we are in for some lean years but we will be back - only have to look over the past 10 years for proof of this after the northern Eagles days.

We cannot go any lower than where we are at the moment - we have too much talent to be bottom of the table .

Records are meant to be broken - no team has ever made the top 8 after starting the season 2/8 , why can not that be us who does break it!!

Probably at best 12-13 th finish this season but this is a funny Comp this year - a few wins and confidence will be return

Onward and upward I say

Manly Sea Eagles for Life

Last edited:
I don't think we miss the finals. If we'd lost in Melbourne maybe but those two points going into a break where we get some starters back plus the fact the comp is very easy a short run of wins could elevate us back into the 8.

We just need to towel up a couple of teams to tidy our F/A...

Enough is Enough , so sick of the negativity on this forum.

Yes we have seen the following over the last 2 years or so:

Loss of club legends & and not resigning some of them ( Gifty)

Loss of 2 international half backs

10 year Goldern reign probably ending

Disfunctional inept board and management at the moment who are destroying this club with there own self driven ego's/ agenda's

NRL which wants nothing more than us to crumble into a pile of .....

NRL who will change the rules only when won't benefit from them ( ie one club player 10 + years salary cap concessions)

Team which is ageing
Team with the weakest looking forward pack in years
Team fractures

No funding which has been promised leaving Brookvale oval below standards

All of this happening around us and where we are on the ladder nothing will stop myself from supporting this club and team I love- so glad my Dad choose to take me down to Brookvale oval to support manly and made me a manly tragic - everyone says there club is the family club but manly truly is

This club has given me too
many memorable monents in my lifetime to ever consider not being a member - and I only have been alive since 1990

I know many of you bleed maroon and white more than myself and have been supporting much longer than I have but I say this is when we should be giving the boys even more support - that is excluding a certain player( FOZ)

Whatever your views are on 2V's he bleeds for this club and we should be behind him.

Yes we are in for some lean years but we will be back - only have to look over the past 10 years for proof of this after the northern Eagles days.

We cannot go any lower than where we are at the moment - we have too much talent to be bottom of the table .

Records are meant to be broken - no team has ever made the top 8 after starting the season 2/8 , why can not that be us who does break it!!

Probably at best 12-13 th finish this season but this is a funny Comp this year - a few wins and confidence will be return

Onward and upward I say

Manly Sea Eagles for Life

I wasn't feeling to bad until you listed everything...where's the razors?!:tmi:

We will make the finals. Played ordinary and still only 2 wins from the 8. Players coming back and cherry playing great . It's allllll goooood.

8-10 wins I think for this season. Sometimes you need to go a bit back to be able to move forward. For all the negativity and upset of this year the future is bright when you consider the kids coming through and the opportunity we have because of available cap to address the teams short comings. I predict in 2016 we will bounce back very strongly!

I definitely think we can make the finals. Still a long way to go yet, just need to play with the same commitment as we played against Melbourne for the rest of the season. Hopefully our run of bad luck with injuries is behind us, as these days thats the biggest factor in regards to how high up the ladder a team finishes

Given that we are, overwhelmingly, Manly fans, wanting Manly to succeed, we must be assuming our "negative" posts are inherently helpful. Otherwise we would be irrational to continue doing what we have been doing. Yes?

Eg If our "negative" postings were a factor influencing players like Elgey to have second thoughts about joining Manly, we would immediately stop doing what we have been doing. That's right, isn't it?

I must say my posting has diminished with the amount of depressing threads in here.
Some of them i just dont want to read anymore.

The good news stories (turbos/gutho) just get slaughtered off to page 2-3 in a day or so, and we refocus our energy on the garbage that we find ourselves in.

Not a fun read in here at the moment, thats for sure.

Really depends on if we can filed a near full strength team. We keep limping along then no chance of making the eight. if we get a good run we could maybe scrape in. Cant see us mounting serious challenge this year but stranger things have happened. Gotta say though footy this season hasn't been the usual fun. Have to motivate myself to get along to the games. Haven't been to an away game this season yet which is unusual.

I must say my posting has diminished with the amount of depressing threads in here.
Some of them i just dont want to read anymore.

The good news stories (turbos/gutho) just get slaughtered off to page 2-3 in a day or so, and we refocus our energy on the garbage that we find ourselves in.

Not a fun read in here at the moment, thats for sure.

True, psau14. It's like News Ltd's coverage of the Brett Stewart trial. Gossip and innuendo without substantiation for two full seasons, splashed on front and back pages continually, seemingly daily. Once the speculation, gossip, baseless and ignorant opinion, and unsubstantiated rumours were replaced by actual considered, corroborated fact - that he was unanimously found to be totally innocent - the facts were immediately buried in a small article hidden in the middle of the paper, and very quickly (like the next day) disappeared from being reported at all.

Forums are like newspapers - magnets for speculation, rumour and scandals/bad news - and not much interested in actual facts and only moderately interested in any good news.

I'm sick of your negativity.....If you are looking for some positivity why isn't there a category where we may finish above 6th place.The negativity here by fans is far worse than the negativity shown from our club.
Remember people, it's a game....

Last edited:
Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6