Sick of it

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

NYEagle

Bencher
Sick of seeing Manly showcased on Thursday and Friday nights always on 5 days rest when clearly unable to show their best, or shuttled off to the ignomity of Monday nights in front of poor crowds and no coverage.
Yet Brisbane are showcased almost every week on 7 days rest so they can show how great they are.
The competition is so unevenly balanced it's hard to take all this **** seriously.
NYEagle

The fairness of this sport was highjacked by television ratings many years ago. Money is the root of the evil scheduling being perpetrated on our lads.
But living in New York I'm sure you know that better than most.

Sick of seeing Manly showcased on Thursday and Friday nights always on 5 days rest when clearly unable to show their best, or shuttled off to the ignomity of Monday nights in front of poor crowds and no coverage.
Yet Brisbane are showcased almost every week on 7 days rest so they can show how great they are.
The competition is so unevenly balanced it's hard to take all this **** seriously.
NYEagle

Let's hope next year with the NRL scheduling rounds rather than broadcasters, there may be a bit more balance.
Bronco's will still get their way though.

It makes no sense to keep pandering to those same darling clubs, their supporters aren't going anywhere
It's about time they try keeping fans of teams like ours happy before we all lose interest

Don't forget Parra had the same turn around but I didn't see them dropping the ball every 2nd set and slowing down at the end.

I hate Brisbane as much as the next guy, but believe it or not, this is just a myth. Last year they had more 5 day turnarounds than any other club, and this year they have 4 like we do. The garbage thing is a team having 3 in the space of 4 weeks like we did, and having a 5 week stretch like they do at the moment where the furthest they travel is to the Gold Coast.

I think without a doubt this has been the harshest draw I have seen for Manly. The first 7 games and 3 x 5 day turn arounds is punishing and the team have coped as best as they can. We have a very tough month coming up, Knights away always difficult, the our home game against the cowpokes who look so good at the moment followed by another home game against the Queensland all stars proudly sponsored by news limited in donkey stadium, followed by a game at Cronulla, if we can win 2 of the next 4 games I would be very happy with that.

We have 11 days to Newcastle and then 5 days until we play the Cowboys at home. I hope this will be our last 5 days but we don't know when we play in August.

Im probably not aloud to say this so ill use my mate ted bullpit . To the idiots that do the draw " someone should b..w them up ".

I think without a doubt this has been the harshest draw I have seen for Manly. The first 7 games and 3 x 5 day turn arounds is punishing and the team have coped as best as they can. We have a very tough month coming up, Knights away always difficult, the our home game against the cowpokes who look so good at the moment followed by another home game against the Queensland all stars proudly sponsored by news limited in donkey stadium, followed by a game at Cronulla, if we can win 2 of the next 4 games I would be very happy with that.

Mind you we do get a 14 day break between the Cowboys and Broncos game due to the rep round!!

I can see only Marty being picked for NZ and maybe Jake T for a city / country jumper but that is it so it will give the boys a decent rest.

I don't know which game but I feel we can upset one of the Broncos or Cowboys no reasoning just a feeling.

Mind you we do get a 14 day break between the Cowboys and Broncos game due to the rep round!!

I can see only Marty being picked for NZ and maybe Jake T for a city / country jumper but that is it so it will give the boys a decent rest.

I don't know which game but I feel we can upset one of the Broncos or Cowboys no reasoning just a feeling.
It wouldn't surprise me if Lewis gets picked for NZ on the bench due to his versatility.

I hate Brisbane as much as the next guy, but believe it or not, this is just a myth. Last year they had more 5 day turnarounds than any other club, and this year they have 4 like we do. The garbage thing is a team having 3 in the space of 4 weeks like we did, and having a 5 week stretch like they do at the moment where the furthest they travel is to the Gold Coast.
Brisbane
• They play only one game with a five-day turnaround, against an opposition with almost the same handicap as well as having had to travel
• They do not have a five-day turnaround that involves genuine travel
• They play two sides that have five-day turnarounds, with both of them also dealing with genuine travel, and
• They play virtually all of their games at night so they can get in a good rhythm

No one gets it as good. It couldn’t have been much better if Wayne Bennett himself had drawn it up!

Im probably not aloud to say this so ill use my mate ted bullpit . To the idiots that do the draw " someone should b..w them up ".
But only after they leave their money on the fridge.

NYEagle

I'm totally with you there NYEagle, but I do take delight in the fact a fellow sea eagles tragic can still find the time and dedication to watch our beloved Sea Eagles from New York. I plan to live their eventually and prepare myself for missing around town news but it's nice to see it can be done!;):handok:

Reminds me of the tricky situation for Sam Thaiday and co after a recent game. He wanted to rip into another weird post match interview with Freddy Fittler as they do (not a fan of channel 9 coverage but I won't complain to you). Anyway, Thaiday had to speak on behalf of the players association but the topic was comically so far from his reach and reality that he struggled to come up with a plea on the PA's behalf because he realised everyone know's his broncos's are the most advantaged team with scheduling and backing up. The response he gave was so weak and regurgitated from hearing players from other teams that the lack of conviction in his words probably helped the NRL decide all the players and coaches aren't too fussed. Wrong player and wrong club to weigh in on the debate, and I feared more damage was done..

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4