Sick of getting bashed!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
Every game - week after week - the opposition teams are owning the ruck from start to finish.
Its no good having quality halves when the team can't utilise their skills with no time or direction to work in.
Some of the players don't seem to have the required pride atm.
To be fair at 20 - 10 that Foran bust that was frittered should have made it 20 - 16 but my point is, we were down 20 - 0 at one stage & the fight in the middle of the park reflected this scoreline....so if there was a tougher start up front & we chase say 6 or 10 points & lead 10 - 6 that pass sticks imo but the momentum swing was a bit to much to ask.
The lack of an enforcer is the highlight of a poor performance & maybe the selections are not great, the confidence low, but truth is - who is intimidating in this pack apart from....Jake Trjobovic who has done more than can be expected at such a young age.
Sorry to call it but in 2015 its the weakest pack Manly have fielded in a long, long time.
Still feel we will come good - but tbh, are lightyears away from the young tough packs who are real contenders like the pack they met tonight.

I dont think that is 100% accurate, but I agree with the sentiment.

I firmly believe we have dominated the ruck the 3 matches prior to tonight. At times in most of the other matches we have competed well but that seems to be when Jake T is on the field.

Jake is a real star and stood up last week against the best pack in the game. Problem is he isnt getting constant support except from Leary. At times Mason, Sao, Burgess, Horo etc have been good but they need to step up every single week.

Also with this pack I will go on record to say - any of the top rated coaches - Bennett, Maguire ect would not get any better result with the forwards at the Manly club.
To be fair Toovey has most playing to their potential but quite simply - they dont match up to the quality of opposition packs.....apart from the usual suspect - young Jake.
Burgess is playing to his strengths but will never have the same dynamics or will to win as his illustrious brothers, Sam in particular....
Mason is what he is - a top old forward on his last legs, struggling to keep up with todays game
Ballin a tireless workhorse who to be fair , would feature in many teams but have a bench player with strike power to take 20 plus minutes off him a game....
Leary has been great , simply playing a tougher role than he should, shows obvious skills but needs to play off the back of better go forward to show it....
Mateo - hot/cold inbetween - lacks aggression also.....
Sao - a young bull who will benefit with a Myles type leader......
T Red - usually shifted out wide to replace another injury....
Horo - runs hard at times but half the time drops the ball....
The truth is we could cater for 3 plodder types in the dominant decade, when the energy & aggression of Watmough, King, Perry, Stewart, Kite were on deck but honestly - apart from Jake - the pack is now full of plodders & a little skill that gets no benefit due to lack of momentum - the backbone is the missing link.

There's a fair few off contract this year so there's an opportunity for the club to buy some young players with potential who can't get a start at the current club, I'd be surprised if the recruitment team isn't looking at this.

Looking at that pack last night what club would want any of them??? Burgess, Mason, Ballin, Horo, Leary and Lui??? That's why we can't win. I read we are going to make the 8, with this pack??? I just don't want the spoon with this pack. Bring on Myles, Lussick and Bird and then we will kick on.

There's a fair few off contract this year so there's an opportunity for the club to buy some young players with potential who can't get a start at the current club, I'd be surprised if the recruitment team isn't looking at this.

Nope ,thats our whole problem ,our forwards are plodders who can't get a start from their former clubs.We need to buy proven aggressive metre eaters who possess that undying will to win..

Looking at that pack last night what club would want any of them??? Burgess, Mason, Ballin, Horo, Leary and Lui??? That's why we can't win. I read we are going to make the 8, with this pack??? I just don't want the spoon with this pack. Bring on Myles, Lussick and Bird and then we will kick on.
A bit hard on Leary (potential def there ) ,the rest is pretty true though.

You think that was bad last night

Try in 3 weeks time on June 26 we play Souths with Adam Reyonlds back and Souths will be coming off there 1st bye

30 + scoreline against us

hopefu
You think that was bad last night

Try in 3 weeks time on June 26 we play Souths with Adam Reyonlds back and Souths will be coming off there 1st bye

30 + scoreline against us

Hopefully they will think all is good with reynolds back and take it a bit easy and we get the jump on them

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6