Shoulder charges

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

byso

First Grader
There has been talk that shoulder charges are to harmful for the star players, would it be a good thing to outlaw them like Union has?

no way that would just be gay!

big hits are part of the game. You can even should charge in Soccer as long as you are "Challenging for the ball"

no way that would just be gay!

big hits are part of the game. You can even should charge in Soccer as long as you are \"Challenging for the ball\"

Not with the intensity that Sunny Bill or Beaver does, I bet.

I dont know I have seen som pretty brutal hits in soccer. Some very brutal ones. Not as inense as these 2 but if you take that out of League it will be a softer game than soccer.

Girls!

Being on the somewhat larger side myself I used the shoulder charge to great effect in my playing days. It remains a great weapon to put TOFOG into the opposition and lift your own team. If it is ever outlawed it will be a sad day for Rugby League.

They are great and should be kept. Only proviso, and I agree with the current judiciary rulings is that if you connect with the head then you are looking at a suspension - no excuses. I believe they will probably disappear from the game due to this reason as the risk of a player sliding and unintentional head contact is a risk most will just give up on.

Commentators are always sprouting that to remove too much in the way of contact or risk in the game is to sanitize it and they are correct.

Removing spear tackles & coathangers improved the game but even back then people thought that was going to far.

But there is a great difference between that and tampering with the basic component of physicality of the sport and the administrators know that. Removing shoulder charges in my book tampers with the basic physicality of the game and shouldnt be considered.

I dont think the current administrators will change too much. Just from a marketing perspective thats too bloody risky, and its being too much like a "girl"

Blokes everywhere on this planet are being subjected to corrupting feminists ways and I say fellas, that's to our detriment .

Time to stand up and say....."WE WANT OUR SHOULDER CHARGES"

Say NO to feminist, girls blouse wearing, squat to pee, knitting & sewing ideology.

Be proud of your love of & interest in sport and be a man. Be a rugby league man.

Commentators are always sprouting that to remove too much in the way of contact or risk in the game is to sanitize it and they are correct.

Removing spear tackles & coathangers improved the game but even back then people thought that was going to far.

But there is a great difference between that and tampering with the basic component of physicality of the sport and the administrators know that. Removing shoulder charges in my book tampers with the basic physicality of the game and shouldnt be considered.

I dont think the current administrators will change too much. Just from a marketing perspective thats too bloody risky, and its being too much like a \"girl\"

Blokes everywhere on this planet are being subjected to corrupting feminists ways and I say fellas, that's to our detriment .

Time to stand up and say.....\"WE WANT OUR SHOULDER CHARGES\"

Say NO to feminist, girls blouse wearing, squat to pee, knitting & sewing ideology.

Be proud of your love of & interest in sport and be a man. Be a rugby league man.
Your missus just read your post & says go home & make the dinner slaveboy !!

I think they shouldn't have them, they are meant to harm the player which can cause season ending injuries. The game is good enough not to need this.

whats next, shorts are too tough so they will all wear skirts

I think they shouldn't have them, they are meant to harm the player which can cause season ending injuries. The game is good enough not to need this.

While I don't have any stats to back me up I would bet more season ending injuries are caused by standard tackles than shoulder charges (of course there are a lot more standard tackles than shoulder charges)
As contact via shoulder charges are generally upper body contact where there is plenty of both natural and in some case artificial protection I would think long term injury less likely. I remember Michael O'connor suggesting tackles above the waist should be banned at some stage, but he was an ex Rah Rah after all.

it ha sbeen in the game how bloody long?
How many inuries or deaths has it caused. Stop being girls

Don't be such a farkin girl!!!

Sure players can get injured from it but a player can get injured running out onto the ground and tripping over too!!

I love the shoulder charge and we should not get rid of it

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4